Daily Current Affairs 4 January 2020: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 4 January 2020. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 4 January 2020. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 4 January 2020 Current affairs test.
1. Lokmanya Tilak journalism award
- The editor-in-chief of ‘Jagran’ Sanjay Gupta will be honoured with the ‘Lokmanya Tilak National Journalism Award’.
- DainikJagran is an Indian Hindi language daily newspaper. As of 2017 it was the largest newspaper in India by circulation. As of 2010 it was the 17th most read in the world. The newspaper was launched in 1942 by Puran Chandra Gupta and later edited by Narendra Mohan.
2. Harivarasanam award
- Renowned musician and composer Ilaiyaraja has been selected for Harivarasanam award 2020 by Kerala Government.
- The award comprises a cash prize of ₹1 lakh, citation and a plaque.
3. Atal KisanMazdoor canteen
- Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar inaugurated Atal KisanMazdoor canteen in Karnal.
- Atal KisanMazdoor canteen is a canteen where farmers and labourers will get food for Rs 10.
4. Department of Military Affairs
- Government of India has created a Department of Military Affairs, to be headed by newly appointed Chief of Defence Staff (CDS) Gen BipinRawat.
- It works relating to the three forces — Army, Navy and Air Force — and procurement exclusive to the services
1. Palau has become the first country to ban sun cream
- Palau has become the first country to ban sun cream which is harmful to corals and sea life.
- Palau: Capitals: Ngerulmud, Melekeok || Currency: United States Dollar || Continent: Oceania
2. Governor on ERIA Board
- Ministry of Commerce and Industry has appointed Rohan Shah as India’s Representative and Governor on the board of Economic Research Institute for ASEAN and East Asia.
- Rohan Shah is a practicing counsel at the Supreme Court
- ERIA is an international organization established in Jakarta, Indonesia in 2008 by a formal agreement among Leaders of 16 countries in the East Asian region to conduct research activities and make policy recommendations for further economic integration in the East Asia.
- ERIA works very closely with both the ASEAN Secretariat and 16 Research Institutes to undertake and disseminate policy research under the three pillars, namely “Deepening Economic Integration”, ”Narrowing Development Gaps”, and “Sustainable Development” and provide analytical policy recommendations to Leaders and Ministers at their regional meetings.
1. National Children’s Science Congress
- The 27th National Children’s Science Congress was held in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala.
- Theme: ‘Science, Technology and Innovation for a clean, green and healthy nation’
2. Top Ten Start-up Cities for 2020
- 1. San Francisco Bay Area
- 2. New York
- 3. Beijing
- Delhi NCR s ranked at 6th position and Bengaluru is ranked at 10th position.
- ‘Top Ten Start-up Cities for 2020’ report is published by HexGn.
3. ‘Mobile Aided Note Identifier’ (MANI) App
- RBI Governor Shaktikanta Das launched ‘Mobile Aided Note Identifier’ (MANI) App to aid visually challenged persons in identifying the denomination of currency notes.
- The Reserve Bank of India is India’s central bank, which controls the issue and supply of the Indian rupee. RBI is the regulator of entire Banking in India. RBI plays an important part in the Development Strategy of the Government of India.
1. National Ice Hockey Championship-2020
- The 5th edition of National Ice Hockey Championship -2020 has begun in Leh, Ladakh.
- It is being organized by Ice Hockey Association of India (IHAI) in Karzoo Ice Hockey Rink in Leh.