Daily Current Affairs 4 June 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 4 June 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 4 June 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 4 June 2019 Current affairs test.
1. Congress Parliamentary Party leader
- Sonia Gandhi has been elected leader of the Congress Parliamentary Party (CPP).
- Sonia Gandhi is an Indian politician. She is a former president of the Indian National Congress, the secular and left-of-centre political party, which governed India for most of its post-independence history.
- The Indian National Congress is a broadly based political party in India. Founded in 1885, it was the first modern nationalist movement to emerge in the British Empire in Asia and Africa.
- Founder: Allan Octavian Hume, Dadabhai Naoroji, Dinshaw Edulji Wacha || Founded: 28 December 1885, Mumbai || Alliance: United Progressive Alliance
2. Brij Mohan Khaitan passes away
- Industrialist Brij Mohan Khaitan was the chairman of Eveready Industries and McLeod Russel.
- He was also known as Evergreen tea man of India.
3. J C Daniel award
- Actress Sheela was conferred with JC Daniel award.
- The J. C. Daniel Award is Kerala’s highest award in Malayalam cinema.
- It is presented annually by the Kerala State Chalachitra Academy, a non-profit institution under the Department of Cultural Affairs of the Government of Kerala, India.
1. Organisation of Islamic Cooperation Summit
- The 14th edition of the Organisation of Islamic Cooperation Summit was held in Mecca, Saudi Arabia.
- It was hosted by Saudi King Salman bin Abdul Aziz Al Saud.
- The Organisation of Islamic Cooperation is an international organization founded in 1969, consisting of 57 member states, with a collective population of over 1.8 billion as of 2015 with 53 countries being Muslim-majority countries.
- Headquarters: Jeddah, Saudi Arabia || Founded: 25 September 1969 || Administrative centre (Headquarters): Jeddah, Saudi Arabia || Membership: 57 member states || Type of business: Religious
2. Quadrilateral Security Dialogue ‘Quad’
- The Quadrilateral Security Dialogue ‘Quad’ was held in Bangkok in Thailand.
- The Quadrilateral Security Dialogue is an informal strategic dialogue between the United States, Japan, Australia and India that is maintained by talks between member countries.
- Established: 2007-2008, 2017 (re-established after negotiations in November) || Type of business: Inter-governmental security forum
3. International Day of Innocent Children Victims of Aggression
- The International Day of Innocent Children Victims of Aggression is a United Nations observance each 4 June.
- It was established on 19 August 1982 by United Nations.
4. The 30th anniversary of Tiananmen Square protests
- The Tiananmen Square protests, commonly known in mainland China as the June Fourth Incident, were student-led demonstrations held in Tiananmen Square in Beijing during 1989.
- The popular national movement inspired by the Beijing protests is sometimes called the ’89 Democracy Movement.
- Location: Tiananmen Square, Beijing, China
1. World’s first billionaire rapper (Musician)
- Jay-Z has been named world’s first billionaire rapper by Forbes.
- Forbes is an American business magazine. Published bi-weekly, it features original articles on finance, industry, investing, and marketing topics. Forbes also reports on related subjects such as technology, communications, science, politics, and law. Its headquarters is located in Jersey City, New Jersey.
- Jay-Z, is an American rapper, songwriter, producer, entrepreneur, record executive, and billionaire.
2. Nandan Nilekani committee
- RBI has drafted Nandan Nilekani committee for digital payments.
- It has suggested some measures, including elimination of charges, round the clock RTGS and NEFT facility and duty-free import of point-of-sales machines.
- Nandan Nilekani is an Indian entrepreneur, bureaucrat and politician. He co-founded Infosys and is the non-executive chairman of Infosys replacing R Seshasayee and Ravi Venkatesan, who were the co-chairs of the board, on 24 August 2017.
- He was the chairman of the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI). After a successful career at Infosys, he headed the Government of India’s technology committee.
3. External auditor of the World Health Organization
- Comptroller and Auditor General of India Rajiv Mehrishi was elected as External auditor of the World Health Organization for 4 years.
- The Comptroller and Auditor General of India is an authority, established by Article 148 of the Constitution of India, which audits all receipts and expenditure of the Government of India and the state governments, including those of bodies and authorities substantially financed by the government.
- The World Health Organization is a specialized agency of the United Nations that is concerned with international public health. It was established on 7 April 1948, and is headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland. The WHO is a member of the United Nations Development Group.
- WHO :- Headquarters: Geneva, Switzerland || Head: Tedros Adhanom || Founded: 7 April 1948
4. Veeba foods with Shahrukh Khan
- Veeba foods has appointed Shah Rukh Khan as the brand Ambassador for its brand ‘V-Nourish’.
- Veeba Food Services:- Headquarter: Gurugram.
1. Book ‘Cricket World Cup: The Indian Challenge’
- Book ‘Cricket World Cup: The Indian Challenge’ was authored by broadcaster and writer Ashis Ray.
- Ashis Ray is an award-winning broadcaster and journalist based in London.
2. The French Open
- The 2019 French Open is a Grand Slam tennis tournament played on outdoor clay courts. It is held at the Stade Roland Garros in Paris, France
- The French Open, officially Roland-Garros, is a major tennis tournament held over two weeks between late May and early June at the Stade Roland-Garros in Paris, France.
- The venue is named after the French aviator Roland Garros.
- Daily Current Affairs: June 1
- Daily Current Affairs: June 2
- Daily Current Affairs: June 3
- Daily Current Affairs: June 4
- Daily Current Affairs: June 5
- Daily Current Affairs: June 6
- Daily Current Affairs: June 7
- Daily Current Affairs: June 8
- Daily Current Affairs: June 9
- Daily Current Affairs: June 10
- Daily Current Affairs: June 11
- Daily Current Affairs: June 12
- Daily Current Affairs: June 13
- Daily Current Affairs: June 14
- Daily Current Affairs: June 15
- Daily Current Affairs: June 16
- Daily Current Affairs: June 17
- Daily Current Affairs: June 18
- Daily Current Affairs: June 19
- Daily Current Affairs: June 20
- Daily Current Affairs: June 21
- Daily Current Affairs: June 22
- Daily Current Affairs: June 23
- Daily Current Affairs: June 24
- Daily Current Affairs: June 25
- Daily Current Affairs: June 26
- Daily Current Affairs: June 27
- Daily Current Affairs: June 28
- Daily Current Affairs: June 29
- Daily Current Affairs: June 30