Daily Current Affairs 4 March 2020: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 4 March 2020. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 4 March 2020. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 4 March 2020 Current affairs test.
1. National Chambal Sanctuary
- Indian Government has declared the National Chambal Sanctuary in Madhya Pradesh as an eco-sensitive zone (ESZ).
- National Chambal Sanctuary, also called the National Chambal Gharial Wildlife Sanctuary, is a 5,400 km² tri-state protected area in northern India for the protection of the Critically Endangered gharial, the red-crowned roof turtle and the Endangered Ganges river dolphin.
2. e-Vidhan Project
- Arunachal Pradesh assembly has implemented e-Vidhan Project thus becoming the paperless in the process.
- Capital: Itanagar || Chief minister: Pema Khandu || Governor: BD Mishra
3. Indian Science Congress
- Pune will host 108th Indian Science Congress in 2021.
- It was announced by Indian Science Congress Association (ISCA).
- Theme: ‘Science and Technology for Sustainable Development with Women Empowerment’.
- Indian Science Congress Association President: K.S.Rangappa || Indian Science Congress Association Headquarters: Kolkata, West Bengal.
4. National safety day
- National safety day is celebrated on 4th march because on this day National Safety Council (NSC) of India was established.
- National Safety Council is a premier, non-profit, self-financing and tripartite apex body at the national level in India.
- Abbreviation: NSC || Founder: Ministry of Labour and Employment || Founded: 4 March 1966
1. International Yoga Festival
- International Yoga Festival has been inaugurated in Rishikesh, Uttarakhand by Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath.
- International Yoga Day celebrates across the globe on 21st of June.
2. India with Armenia
- India has signed 40 million USD defence deal with Armenia to supply 4 indigenously built radars, which was developed by DRDO.
- Capital of Armenia: Yerevan || Currency of Armenia: Armenian dram.
3. Permanent Premium Residency Permit by Saudi Arabia
- Saudi Arabia has started the issuance of Permanent Premium Residency Permit to Foreigners, informally known as Saudi Green Card.
- Indian investor Yosuffali M A, Chairman of the Lulu group became one of the first to be given the permanent residency permit
- Saudi Arabia: Capital: Riyadh || Currency: Saudi riyal || King: Salman
4. First country to make public transport free
- Luxembourg has become the first country in the world to make public transport free.
- Luxembourg: Prime Minister: Xavier Bettel || Capital: Luxembourg City || Currency: Euro.
1. Zomato with RBL Bank
- RBL Bank has inked partnership with Zomato to launch co-branded credit cards, powered by Mastercard.
- MD & CEO of RBL Bank: Mr Vishwavir Ahuja || Headquarters of RBL Bank:– Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- Zomato: Headquarter: Gurugram, Haryana || CEO of Zomato: Deepinder Goyal.
2. IIT Mandi with NABARD
- IIT Mandi has signed a deal with NABARD for setting up Farmer Producer Organization (FPOs).
- National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development is an Apex Development Financial Institution in India. The Bank has been entrusted with “matters concerning Policy Planning and Operations in the field of credit for Agriculture and other Economic activities in Rural areas in India”.
- Founded: 12 July 1982 || Headquarters: Mumbai || Agency executive: Harsh Kumar Bhanwala (Chairperson) || Purpose: Development assistance; Poverty Reduction || Formation: July 12, 1982
3. New CMD of Metals and Minerals Trading Corporation
- Sudhanshu Pandey has been appointed as the Chairman and Managing Director of Metals and Minerals Trading Corporation (MMTC) Ltd.
- MMTC Headquarters: New Delhi || MMTC Established: 26 September 1963.
1. All India Police Athletic Championship
- All India Police Athletic Championship has commenced in the Panchkula District of Haryana.
- Haryana: Capital: Chandigarh || Governor: Satyadev Narayan Arya || Chief minister: Manohar Lal Khattar