Daily Current Affairs 4 April 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 4 April 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 4 April 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 4 April 2019 Current affairs test.
1. Checkpoint Tipline by WhatsApp
- WhatsApp has unveiled an initiative ‘Checkpoint Tipline’ which will help people verify the Information/Messages are true or not.
- It was launched by PROTO, an India-based media skilling startup.
- User can submit the messages that they are uncertain about to the ‘Tipline’ on WhatsApp (+91-9643-000-888).
2. Suspension Bridge ‘Matiri’
- Indian Army has built the longest Suspension Bridge ‘Matiri’ over Indus River in the Leh-Ladakh.
- The Indian Army is the land-based branch and the largest component of Indian Armed Forces. The President of India is the Supreme Commander of the Indian Army, and it is commanded by the Chief of Army Staff, who is a four-star general.
3. The Biggest Cultural Center of India
- Real Estate Company Talenmark is building an iconic structure deemed to be ‘The Biggest Cultural Center of India’ in Calicut, Kerala.
- Kozhikode also known as Calicut, is a city in Kerala, India and the headquarters of the Kozhikode district.
- It was a significant spice trade center and is close to Kappad Beach, where Portuguese explorer Vasco da Gama landed in 1498.
- Kerala :- Capital: Thiruvananthapuram || Chief Minister :- Pinarayi Vijayan || Governor :- Palanisamy Sathasivam
1. PM Modi with the Zayed Medal
- UAE has awarded PM Modi with the Zayed Medal (Order of Zayed).
- The Order of Zayed is the United Arab Emirates’ highest civil decoration.
- H.H Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed bin Sultan Al-Nahyan, commonly known as MBZ or MbZ, is the Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi and Deputy Supreme Commander of the UAE’s Armed Forces.
- Capital: Abu Dhabi || Currency: United Arab Emirates dirham
2. India-Africa Institute of Agriculture and Rural Development
- India with National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development Consultancy Service (NABCONS) to setup the India-Africa Institute of Agriculture and Rural Development (IAIARD) in Malawi
- Malawi, a landlocked country in south-eastern Africa, is defined by its topography of highlands split by the Great Rift Valley and enormous Lake Malawi.
- Malawi Capital: Lilongwe || Currency: Malawian kwacha
- NABARD Consultancy Services (Nabcons) is a wholly owned subsidiary promoted by National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) and is engaged in providing consultancy in all spheres of agriculture, rural development and allied areas.
3. Algeria’s President resigns
- Algerian President Abdelaziz Bouteflika has resigned from the post.
- He was in the power for the last 20 years (since 1999).
- Capital- Algiers || Currency- Algerian Dinar
4. Investigation Head For Myanmar
- United Nations has appointed Nicholas Koumjian as the head of the Independent Investigative Mechanism for Myanmar.
- The Independent Investigative Mechanism (IIM) for Myanmar was established by the Human Rights Council in September 2018
- The United Nations Human Rights Council is a United Nations body whose mission is to promote and protect human rights around the world. The UNHRC has 47 members elected for staggered three-year terms on a regional group basis.
- Myanmar :- Capital: Naypyidaw || Currency: Burmese kyat || President: Win Myint
1. NuGen Mobility Summit 2019
- International Centre for Automotive Technology (ICAT) will organise NuGen Mobility Summit 2019, at Manesar, NCR, from 27th to 29th November 2019.
- The International Centre for Automotive Technology (ICAT), Manesar, located in the northern automotive hub of India, is a leading world class automotive testing, certification and R&D service provider under the aegis of NATRiP (National Automotive Testing and R&D Infrastructure Project), Government of India.
- Faster adoption, Assimilation and Development of advanced automotive technologies for a smarter and greener future.
2. RBI Monitory Policy
- RBI has lowered Repo Rate by 25 bps to 6.00% from 6.25% earlier.
- RBI expects GDP growth at 7.2 percent in FY20 compared to 7 percent in FY19.
- Repo rate is the rate at which the central bank lends short-term money to the commercial banks. And, reverse repo rate is at which the RBI borrows money from the commercial banks.
- The reverse repo rate has also been reduced to 5.75 per cent from 6 per cent earlier.
3. Asian Development Outlook 2019
- According to Asian Development Outlook 2019, Indian Economy is expected to grow at 7.2% in FY 19 due to rising consumption.
- The Asian Development Bank is a regional development bank established on 19 December 1966, which is headquartered in the Ortigas Center located in the city of Mandaluyong, Metro Manila, Philippines. The company also maintains 31 field offices around the world to promote social and economic development in Asia.
- Headquarters: Mandaluyong, Philippines || President: Takehiko Nakao || Founded: 19 December 1966 || Purpose: Economic development || Membership: 67 countries
4. ‘The Economic Times Best Brands 2019’ Award
- Health Insurance Company ‘Max Bupa’ has been conferred with ‘Economic Times Best Brands 2019’.
- Max Bupa Health Insurance Company Limited is an Indian assurance firm and a joint venture between Max India Limited and Bupa Finance plc UK, established for the purpose of carrying on health insurance in business in India.
- The Economic Times is an English-language, Indian daily newspaper published by the Bennett, Coleman & Co. Ltd.. The Economic Times began publication in 1961. As of 2012, it is the world’s second-most widely read English-language business newspaper, after the Wall Street Journal, with a readership of over 800000.
1. Britannia with ICC
- Britannia Industries Ltd. has partnered with International Cricket Council to bring back their World Cup lucky draw contest.
- Britannia Industries Limited is an Indian food-products corporation headquartered in Kolkata, West Bengal. It sells its Britannia and Tiger brands of biscuits, breads and dairy products throughout India and in more than 60 countries across the globe. Britannia has an estimated market share of 38%.
- The International Cricket Council is the global governing body of cricket. It was founded as the Imperial Cricket Conference in 1909 by representatives from Australia, England and South Africa. It was renamed as the International Cricket Conference in 1965, and took up its current name in 1989.
- Designated CEO: Manu Sawhney (Jul 2019–) || CEO: Dave Richardson (28 Jun 2012–Jul 2019) || Chairperson: Shashank Manohar || Headquarters: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
2. Latest Professional Squash Association World Rankings
- Saurav Ghosal is a professional squash player from India and reached a career-high world ranking of World No. 10 in April 2019.
- Egypt’s world champion Ali Farag maintained his position at the top of the chart.
- Joshna Chinappa is the best female squash player of India (Ranked at 15th).
- The World Squash Federation is the international federation for squash, an indoor racquet sport which was formerly called “squash rackets.”
3. Asian Tour with a Special Achievement Award
- Hero MotoCorp Chairman, Dr.Pawan Munjal has been awarded with ‘Asian Tour with a Special Achievement Award’.
- He was honoured at the ceremony of Hero Indian Open Golf tournament for his contributions to Asian Golf.
- Hero MotoCorp has been supporting the Hero Indian Open for 14 years, along with the Hero Women’s Indian Open, the Hero Challenge series on the European Tour and the Hero World Challenge on the PGA Tour.
- Hero Motocorp Ltd., formerly Hero Honda, is an Indian motorcycle and scooter manufacturer based in New Delhi, India. The company is the largest two-wheeler manufacturer in the world, and also in India, where it has a market share of about 46% in the two-wheeler category.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,4 April
- Daily Current Affairs: April 1
- Daily Current Affairs: April 2
- Daily Current Affairs: April 3
- Daily Current Affairs: April 4
- Daily Current Affairs: April 5
- Daily Current Affairs: April 6
- Daily Current Affairs: April 7
- Daily Current Affairs: April 8
- Daily Current Affairs: April 9
- Daily Current Affairs: April 10
- Daily Current Affairs: April 11
- Daily Current Affairs: April 12
- Daily Current Affairs: April 13
- Daily Current Affairs: April 14
- Daily Current Affairs: April 15
- Daily Current Affairs: April 16
- Daily Current Affairs: April 17
- Daily Current Affairs: April 18
- Daily Current Affairs: April 19
- Daily Current Affairs: April 20
- Daily Current Affairs: April 21
- Daily Current Affairs: April 22
- Daily Current Affairs: April 23
- Daily Current Affairs: April 24
- Daily Current Affairs: April 25
- Daily Current Affairs: April 26
- Daily Current Affairs: April 27
- Daily Current Affairs: April 28
- Daily Current Affairs: April 29
- Daily Current Affairs: April 30