Daily Current Affairs 4 August 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 4 August 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 4 August 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 4 August 2018 Current affairs test.
1. SAATHI initiative
- Under SAATHI initiative, The Textiles ministry and The Power Ministry came together to speed up the adoption of energy efficient textile technologies in the power loom sector.
- The full-form of SAATHI is “Sustainable and Accelerated Adoption of efficient Textile technologies to Help Small Industries”.
2. WOW App
- (Federation of Indian Chamber of Commerce and Industry)FICCI Women’s wing launched ‘Wellness for Women’ WOW App.
- The App is aimed at creating awareness on preventive healthcare.
3. Move Hack Hackathon
- NITI Aayog launched Move Hack which is a global mobility hackathon.
- This hackathon to delegate the tasks to the large solutions for the future of mobility in India.
4. Advanced Area Defence – The Ballistic Missile Interceptor
- DRDO tested successfully the Advanced Area Defence (AAD) which is a Ballistic Missile Interceptor.
- This missile is capable of intercepting incoming targets at an altitude of 15 to 25 kms.
5. Outstanding Parliamentarian Award
- Dr Najma Heptullah (for year 2013)
- Hukum Dev Narayan (for year 2014)
- Ghulam Nabi Azad (for year 2015)
- Dinesh Trivedi (for year 2016)
- Bhartruhari Mahtab (for year 2017)
1. World’s First Hindi-Speaking Robot
- ‘Rashmi’ is the World’s First Hindi-Speaking Robot.
- It is developed by Ranjit Srivastava,Ranchi.
2. First Company with Market Value of $1 trillion
- Apple Inc. is the first Company with Market Value of $1 trillion.
- Apple Inc. is an American multinational technology company headquartered in Cupertino, California, that designs, develops, and sells consumer electronics, computer software, and online services.
3. Asia-Pacific Institute for Broadcasting Development
- India is elected as president for the two years of Asia-Pacific Institute for Broadcasting Development.
- The Asia-Pacific Institute for Broadcasting Development (AIBD), established in 1977 under the auspices of UNESCO, is a unique regional inter-governmental organisation servicing countries of the United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (UN-ESCAP) in the field of electronic media development.
4. Zimbabwe’s New president
- Emmerson Mnangagwa re-elected as Zimbabwe president.
- Zimbabwe:- Capital- Harare, Currency- USD, Euro, Pound Sterling.
1. India’s GDP Growth- Acc. to Morgan Stanley
- According to a Morgan Stanley report, India will have a GDP growth of 7.5%.
- According to global financial services major Morgan Stanley, corporate return expectations and balance sheet fundamentals are improving, and a strengthening financial system should be able to meet investment credit demand.
- Morgan Stanley is an American multinational investment bank and financial services company headquartered at Midtown Manhattan, New York City. CEO: James P. Gorman
2. NABARD approved Rs772 Crore for Haryana
- The amount was sectioned for the Water Projects in Haryana.
- NABARD Chairman- Harsh Kumar Bhanwala, Headquarters- Mumbai, Established on- 12 July 1982.
1. Badminton World Championships 2018
- PV Sindhu beat Nozomi Okuhara(Japan) 21-17, 21-19 to enter World Championship semi-finals
- Saina Nehwal lost 6-21 11 -21 to Carolina Marin(Spain) in quarter-final.
2. Spanish Super Cup
- Spanish Super Cup between Barcelona and Sevilla to be played in Morocco.
- Current champion of Spanish Super Cup is Real Madrid C.F.
3. National Sports University Bill, 2018
- Lok Sabha passed the National Sports University Bill, 2018.
- The Bill is aim to install a National Sports University in Manipur.