Daily Current Affairs 4 December 2017: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 4 December 2017. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 04 December 2017. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 4 December 2017 Current affairs test.
1.Nation is celebrating Navy Day.
- The Indian Navy day is being celebrated across the nation to commemorate the launch of Operation Trident against Pakistan’s naval headquarters during the 1971 Indo-Pak war.
- The operation was successful as it sank four Pakistani ships and also crippled the Karachi port and fuel depot.
2.Mission SAMPARK launched.
- The Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare launched the National Startegic Plan 2017-24 aimed eradicating HIV/AIDS by 2030.
- Mission SAMPARK was also launched to trace those who are left to follow and are to be brought under Antiretroviral therapy services.
3.Mehabooba Mufti re-elected PDP President.
- Chief Minister Mehabooba Mufti was re-elected as the president of the Jammu and Kashmir People’s Democratic Party(PDP) for the next three years.
- A law graduate, 57-year old Mehabooba took the plunge into mainstream politics of the state in 1996 by joining the Congress along with her father.
1.International Conference on Climate Change begins in Nepal.
- Nepal President Bidya Devi Bhandari has inaugurated an international conference to draw attention towards the adverse effects of global warming in the Hindu Kush mountain range.
- The conference ‘Resilent Hindu Kush Himalaya: Developing solutions towards a Sustainable Future for Asia’.
2.S Korea and US launches largest Air Exercise.
- South Korea and United States launched their largest ever joint aerial drills.
- The annual US-S Korean drill, called Vigilant Ace, will run for 5-days.
3.China launches land exploration satellite.
- China launched a land exploration satellite into a preset orbit.
- Launched from China’s Gansu Province, the satellite has been designed for remote sensing exploration of land resources.
1.India’s GDP should have been back at over 9%: Kaushik Basu.
- Former Chief Economic Adviser Kaushik basu said that the country’s GDP growth should have been back at over 9% owing to low crude oil prices.
- Notably, India’s GDP stood at 6.3% in the jully-September quarter.
2.Presidnet of India presents Pt Ramnarayan Sharma National Ayurved Award.
- The President of India, Shri Ram Nath Kovind, presented the Pt Ramnarayan Sharma National Ayurved Award for the years 2008-2014 at Rashtrapati Bhavan.
- The Pt Ramnarayan Sharma National Award was instituted by the Ramnarayan Vaidya Ayurved Research Trust in 1982.
1.Deepika Kumari wins Bronze at indoor Archery WC.
- India’s Deepika Kumari has won Bronze medal at the indoor Archery World Cup at Bangkok, Thailand.
- Deepika, seeded third defeated 13th seeded Sayana Tsyrempilova of Russia 7-3 in the women’s recurve play-off.