Daily Current Affairs 4 December 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 4 December 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 4 December 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 4 December 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Indian Navy Day
- Navy Day in India is observed on 4 December every year to celebrate the achievements and role of the naval force to the country. The Indian Navy is the marine branch of the Indian Armed Forces and is led by the President of India as Commander-in-Chief.
- Chief of Naval Staff : Admiral Sunil Lanba
2. Second state to adopt pan-India women helpline
- Nagaland has become second in the country to launch a pan-India single emergency number ‘112’ under the Emergency Response Support System (ERSS).
- Himachal Pradesh is the first in the country to adopt ERSS.
- User can dial 112 or use Panic Button on their phones or 112 India mobile App to connect to a single number based 112 emergency services which will connect to Police, Fire, Health and other helplines through an Emergency Response Centre in the State.
3. Registration process for Drones
- Indian government has made registration process compulsory for Drones weighing above 250 grams.
- Drones weighing above 250 grams need to be registered with Directorate General of Civil Aviation to get a Unique Identification Number.
4. ‘Heart Attack Rewind’ Media Campaign
- Food Safety and Standards Authority of India has launched ‘Heart Attack Rewind’ Media Campaign.
- The aim is to call for elimination of industrially produced trans-fat in the food supply and to support FSSAI’s global target of eliminating trans-fat in India by 2022.
1. Qatar to withdraw from OPEC
- Qatar will withdraw from the Organisation of the Petroleum Exporting Countries in January-2019 after 60 years.
- The Organisation of the Petroleum Exporting Countries is an intergovernmental organisation of 15 nations, founded in 1960 in Baghdad by the first five members, and headquartered since 1965 in Vienna, Austria.
India is ranked at 66th Position in Global Passport Power Rank 2018.
2. Global Passport Power Rank 2018
- 1. UAE
- 2. Singapore
- 3. Germany
- India is ranked at 66th Position.
- This ratings are released by Passport Index(www.passportindex.org).
3. UN Climate Summit COP24
- United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change: COP24 has started in Katowice, Poland.
- The Summit with delegates from nearly 200 nations aims to finalise the practical implementation of the 2015 Paris Agreement, part of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change.
4. Exercise SHINYUU Maitri-18
- The Japanese Air Self Defence Force is in India for a bilateral air exercise SHINYUU Maitri-18 with Indian Air Force at Air Force Station Agra.
- The theme of the exercise is joint Mobility/Humanitarian Assistance & Disaster Relief (HADR) on Transport aircraft.
1. PETA ‘Hero to Animals’ award
- Imran Hussain(Delhi Minister of Food Supplies, Environment and Forest):- for banning Chinese Manjha(Makar Skranti) in Delhi.
- People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals is an American animal rights organization based in Norfolk, Virginia, and led by Ingrid Newkirk, its international president.
2. Ministry of Finance with ADB
- Both have signed $85 million loan agreement for Odisha Skill Development Project.
- The aim is to improve the skill development eco-system in Odisha and establish World Skill Center (WSC) in Bhubaneswar.
3. World Bank Group’s investment to combat climate change
- World Bank Group will double 5-year investments to $200 billion to fight climate change between 2021-2025.
- World Bank with $100 billion and the rest will be by International Finance Corporation, Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency and private capital.
- The World Bank is an international financial institution that provides loans to countries of the world for capital projects. It comprises two institutions: the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development, and the International Development Association. The World Bank is a component of the World Bank Group.
4. G20 Summit
- The 2018 G20 Buenos Aires summit, was the thirteenth meeting of Group of Twenty (G20), which had been concluded in the city of Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- Chairman of G20 for 2018 : Mauricio Macri (Argentina)
- Recent Hosts of G20 Summits:-
- 2018 – Argentina
- 2019 – Japan
- 2020 – Saudi Arabia
- 2022 – India
1. Ballon d’Or
- Luka Modrić (Croatia) has won Ballon d’Or 2018.
- Cristiano Ronaldo (Portugal) is on second place, followed by Antoine Griezmann (France) on third.
2. Kopa Trophy
- The Kopa Trophy is an association football award presented to the best performing player under the age of 21. It is organised by France Football.
- The award is named after former French footballer Raymond Kopa and the winner is selected by former Ballon d’Or winners. Unlike the Golden Boy award, the Kopa Trophy is also open to those who play outside of Europe.
- Kylian Mbappé has been awarded by Kopa Trophy.
- Kylian Mbappé is a French professional footballer who plays as a forward for Ligue 1 club Paris Saint-Germain and the France national team.
3. Ballon d’Or Féminin
- The Ballon d’Or Féminin, also known as the Women’s Ballon d’Or, is an association football award presented by France Football that honours the best female association football player.
- It was first awarded in 2018, with Ada Hegerberg of Norway becoming the inaugural recipient of the award.
4. Tata Open India International Challenge 2018 (Badminton)
- Men’s Singles :- Lakshya Sen (India)
- Women’s Singles :-Ashmita Chaliha (India)
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,4 December