Daily Current Affairs 4 December 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 4 December 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 4 December 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 4 December 2019 Current affairs test.
1. Regional Connectivity Scheme-UDAN
- Government of India has launched the 4th round of Regional Connectivity Scheme – UDAN (UdeDeshKa Aam Nagrik) to further enhance the connectivity to remote and regional areas.
- The focus states/area in this round will be North East Region, Hilly States, Jammu and Kashmir, Ladakh and Islands.
- UDAN scheme came under: Ministry of Civil Aviation || Minister of State (IC) of the Ministry of Civil Aviation: Hardeep Singh Puri.
2. Bhopal Gas Tragedy
- The 35th anniversary of Bhopal Gas Tragedy was observed across the country.
- The Bhopal disaster, also referred to as the Bhopal gas tragedy, was a gas leak incident on the night of 2–3 December 1984 at the Union Carbide India Limited pesticide plant in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh, India.
- It is considered to be the world’s worst industrial disaster. Over 500,000 people were exposed to methyl isocyanate (MIC) gas. The highly toxic substance made its way into and around the small towns located near the plant.
3. Indian Navy Day
- Navy Day in India is celebrated on 4 December every year to recognize the achievements and role of the Indian Navy to the country.
- 4 December was chosen as on that day in 1971, during Operation Trident, the Indian Navy sank four Pakistani vessels including PNS Khaibar, killing hundreds of Pakistani Navy personnel.
4. Shakti Bhatt First Book Prize
- English author Tony Joseph has won the 12th ‘Shakti Bhatt First Book Prize’ by Shakti Bhatt Foundation.
- Tony Joseph was awarded for his 2018 book, ‘Early Indians: The Story of Our Ancestors and Where We Came From’.
1. Exercise Hand-in-Hand 2019
- India-China joint Military Exercise ‘Hand-in-Hand 2019’ to begin at Umroi in Meghalaya
- Currency: Renminbi || Capital: Beijing || President: Xi Jinping || Population: 138.64 crores (2017) World Bank || Official script: Simplified Chinese
2. Global Migration Film Festival
- ‘Global Migration Film Festival (GMFF)’ was organised in Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Bangladesh: Capital: Dhaka || Currency: Bangladeshi taka || Prime minister: Sheikh Hasina
3. New President of Mauritius
- National Assembly of Republic of Mauritius has unanimously elected PrithvirajsingRoopun, as new President of Mauritius.
- Prime Minister of Mauritius: Pravind Kumar Jugnauth.
- Mauritius: Capital: Port Louis || Currency: Mauritian rupee
4. Shelley Morrison passes away
- Former Hollywood actress Shelley Morrison passed away.
- Shelley Morrison was an American theater and television actress, who was best known for her role as maid Rosario Salazar in the NBC comedy Will & Grace, which she played from 1999 to 2006.
1. International Finance Corporation with Mahindra Finance
- International Finance Corporation has anchored an investment round of 200 million dollars in Mahindra & Mahindra Financial Services Ltd.
- Aim: To create a dedicated pool of financing for MSMEs) in low-income states.
- The International Finance Corporation is an international financial institution that offers investment, advisory, and asset-management services to encourage private-sector development in less developed countries. The IFC is a member of the World Bank Group and is headquartered in Washington, D.C. in the United States.
- Headquarters: Washington DC || Executive Vice President & CEO: Philippe Le Houérou || Membership: 184 countries || Founded: 20 July 1956
2. Asian Development Bank’s New President
- Masatsugu Asakawa has been appointed the 10th president of Asian Development Bank replacing Takehiko Nakao.
- Masatsugu Asakawa is currently special advisor to Japan’s Prime Minister and Minister of Finance.
- The Asian Development Bank is a regional development bank established on 19 December 1966, which is headquartered in the Ortigas Center located in the city of Mandaluyong, Metro Manila, Philippines. The company also maintains 31 field offices around the world to promote social and economic development in Asia.
- Headquarters: Mandaluyong, Philippines || Founded: 19 December 1966 || Membership: 68 countries || Purpose: Economic development
3. DHFL, first financial services firm to be taken to NCLT
- RBI has referred Dewan Housing Finance Corp. Ltd to the National Company Law Tribunal for insolvency proceedings.
- Subramaniakumar, the RBI-appointed administrator for DHFL, will take over the DHFL’s affairs once his appointment is approved by the NCLT.
- The National Company Law Tribunal is a quasi-judicial body in India that adjudicates issues relating to Indian companies.
- Headquarters: New Delhi || Founded: 1 June 2016
4. Vaccine: ROTAVAC-5D
- Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu has launched the new Rotavirus vaccine: ROTAVAC-5D.
- ROTAVAC-5D is designed and developed by Bharat Biotech in New Delhi.
- Rotavirus is a genus of double-stranded RNA viruses in the family Reoviridae. Rotaviruses are the most common cause of diarrhoeal disease.
- India is firmly committed to ending morbidity and mortality in children caused due to diarrhoea by 2022.
1. Khelo India Youth Games
- The 3rd edition of Khelo India Youth Games 2020 Logo was launched in Guwahati by Assam Chief Minister Sarbanada Sonowal.
- The 3rd edition of Khelo India Youth Games will start from 10 January 2020 and continue till 22 January.
2. Serie A player of the year
- Juventus striker Cristiano Ronaldo was named as the ‘Serie A player of the year’.
- Gian Piero Gasperini won the award for best coach after leading Atalanta to third place in Serie A and a Champions League berth.
- Daily Current Affairs: December 1
- Daily Current Affairs: December 2
- Daily Current Affairs: December 3
- Daily Current Affairs: December 4
- Daily Current Affairs: December 5
- Daily Current Affairs: December 6
- Daily Current Affairs: December 7
- Daily Current Affairs: December 8
- Daily Current Affairs: December 9
- Daily Current Affairs: December 10
- Daily Current Affairs: December 11
- Daily Current Affairs: December 12
- Daily Current Affairs: December 13
- Daily Current Affairs: December 14
- Daily Current Affairs: December 15
- Daily Current Affairs: December 16
- Daily Current Affairs: December 17
- Daily Current Affairs: December 18
- Daily Current Affairs: December 19
- Daily Current Affairs: December 20
- Daily Current Affairs: December 21
- Daily Current Affairs: December 22
- Daily Current Affairs: December 23
- Daily Current Affairs: December 24
- Daily Current Affairs: December 25
- Daily Current Affairs: December 26
- Daily Current Affairs: December 27
- Daily Current Affairs: December 28
- Daily Current Affairs: December 29
- Daily Current Affairs: December 30
- Daily Current Affairs: December 31