Daily Current Affairs 4 February 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 4 February 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 04 February 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 4 February 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Railways to set up reservation counters at post offices
- Currently, around 280 post offices have Passenger Reservation System counters.
- The PRS counters in post offices will be opened in areas with no Railway Reservation Counters.
2. ISRO planning to land Chandrayaan-2 near Moon’s south pole
- ISRO is planning to send the Chandrayaan-2 on the world’s first-ever mission to soft-land near the Moon’s south pole.
- The GSLV II will carry the Chandrayaan-2.
3. Giant replica of Moon displayed at the Gateway of India
- Created by British artist Luke Jerram, the inflatable 23 foot wide structure has been brought to India for the first time to mark the end of the UK-India year of culture.
- It was earlier displayed in Bengaluru and will next be installed in Delhi.
1. N Korea gets nuclear tech via Berlin embassy : German intel
- German’s domestic intelligence agency said N Korea has been using its Berlin embassy to acquire technology for its nuclear and ballistic missile programmes.
- The technology could be used for both civilian and military purposes.
2. UK to seize assets of foreign criminals under new law
- Under the new Unexplained Wealth Order law, UK will seize assets held by foreign criminals and corrupt politicians.
- It allows authorities to freeze assets exceeding over Rs.45 lakh if their owners are unable to explain how they acquired them.
3. Russia kills 30 Syrian terrorists as fighter jet shot down
- In retaliation for shooting its fighter jet in Syria, Russia carried out the air strikes in the Idlib province.
- The strikes targeted areas controlled by the al-Nusra militant group.
1. Assam got investment proposals of Rs.70,000 cr : CM Sonowal
- In the state’s first ever global investors summit ‘Advantage Assam’, CM said Assam has received investment commitments worth nearly Rs.70,000 cr.
- ONGC committed Rs.13,000 cr investment while Oil India pledged an investment of Rs.10,000 cr.
2. 7000 Indian millionaires moved abroad in 2017 : Report
- India saw the second highest number of millionaire outflow globally with 7,000 ultra-rich individuals shifting overseas in 2017.
- As many as 10,000 Chinese millionaires changed their domicile in 2017, the highest globally.
3. Financing not a constraint for healthcare scheme : NITI Aagyog
- NITI Aayog VC Rajiv Kumar has said financial resources won’t be a constraint for the ‘game-changing’ health care scheme introduced in the Budget.
- Kumar added that the proposed 1% additional cess will yield Rs.11,000 cr annually which is enough to meet funding needs.
1. Defending champion Sindhu finishes as India Open runner-up
- Rio Olympic silver medallist PV Sindhu finished as runner-up after losing to America’s Beiwen Zhang.
- Sindhu had lifted the India Open title last year by defeating Olympic champion Carolina Martin.
2. Indian golfer wins European Tour title
- India’s Shubhankar Sharma won the Maybank Championship in Malaysia for his second European Tour title.
- Sharma had won his maiden title at Joburg Open in December last year.