Daily Current Affairs 4 February 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 4 February 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 4 February 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 4 February 2019 Current affairs test.
1. Punjab’s State Aquatic Animal
- Punjab Govt. has declared endangered Indus river dolphins as the state’s aquatic animal.
- The South Asian river dolphin is an endangered freshwater or river dolphin found in the region of South Asia which is split into two subspecies, the Ganges river dolphin and the Indus river dolphin.
2. University of Ladakh
- University of Ladakh is the 1st-ever in the state’s region, was launched by PM Modi.
- Ladakh is a region in the Indian state of Jammu and Kashmir that currently extends from the Siachen Glacier in the Karakoram range to the main Great Himalayas to the south, inhabited by people of Indo-Aryan and Tibetan descent.
3. Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Mandhan
- Monthly Pension of Rs 3000 month will be provided to workers in the unorganised sector after 60 years of age.
- Workers will have to contribute Rs 100 month to avail the scheme.
4. Nepal’s ambassador to India
- Nilambar Acharya has been appointed as Nepal’s ambassador to India.
- Capital: Kathmandu || Prime minister: Khadga Prasad Oli || Currency: Nepalese rupee || President: Bidhya Devi Bhandari
1. World Cancer Day
- World Cancer Day is an international day marked on February 4 to raise awareness of cancer and to encourage its prevention, detection, and treatment. World Cancer Day was founded by the Union for International Cancer Control to support the goals of the World Cancer Declaration, written in 2008.
- Theme :- ‘I Am and I Will’.
2. 71st Independence day of Sri Lanka
- Independence Day of Sri Lanka is celebrated annually on 4 February to commemorate the country’s political independence from British rule in 1948.
- The day is a national holiday in Sri Lanka. It is celebrated all over the country through flag-hoisting ceremony, dances, parades and performances.
3. 2018 Global Go To Think Tank Index Report
- Brookings Institution (US Based) is the highest ranked think tank globally.
- Observer Research Foundation is ranked 118th in the ‘Top Think Tanks Worldwide’ category.
- Observer Research Foundation has been named as highest ranked Indian think tank in the ‘2018 Global Go To Think Tank Index Report’ under ‘Best New Idea or Paradigm Developed by a Think Tank’ Category.
- Observer Research Foundation is an independent think tank based in India. The foundation has three centres in Mumbai, Chennai and Kolkata. ORF provides informed and viable inputs for policy and decision-makers in the Indian Government and to the political and business leadership of India.
4. International Spice Conference 2019
- The 4th edition of International Spice Conference was held in Hyderabad.
- The event is hosted by the All India Spices Exporters Forum (AISEF).
1. Sovereign Gold Bond Scheme 2018-19
- Sovereign Gold Bond Scheme 2018-19 (Series 6) has started at Rs 3326 per gram with the settlement date of 1st of February.
- SGBs are government securities denominated in grams of gold. They are substitutes for holding physical gold. Investors have to pay the issue price in cash and the bonds will be redeemed in cash on maturity. The Bond is issued by Reserve Bank on behalf of Government of India.
2. Aero India 2019
- The 12th edition of Aero India will be held in Bengaluru from February 20 to 24.
- it will provide a significant platform in bolstering business opportunities in the International aviation sector.
- Theme :- ‘The Runway to a Billion Opportunities’
3. Sikkim with Microsoft
- Sikkim Govt. has signed an MoU with Microsoft India for digital learning.
- Capital: Gangtok || Governor: Ganga Prasad || Chief minister: Pawan Kumar Chamling
1. Table Tennis Rankings
- Indian Table Tennis Player G Sathiyan (Highest Ranked Indian) has achieved a new career rank of 28 in the world rankings.
- Manika Batra has become the first female from India to be in top 50 list with 47th rank.
2. ICC Rankings
- Smriti Mandhana has topped in women’s ODI cricket.
- India (122 Points) has achieved 2nd in ICC ODI rankings behind England (126 Points).
- Virat Kohli and Pacer Jasprit Bumrah have topped the respective charts for batsmen and bowlers.
3. Greg Chappell to retire from Cricket Australia
- Greg Chappell is set to retire the stage as the selector and national talent manager for Australia following the end of the Ashes Series.
- Cricket Australia, formerly known as the Australian Cricket Board, is the governing body for professional and amateur cricket in Australia. It was originally formed in 1905 as the ‘Australian Board of Control for International Cricket’. It is incorporated as an Australian Public Company, limited by guarantee.