Daily Current Affairs 4 January 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 4 January 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 4 January 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 4 January 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Karnataka CM gives free laptops to SC/ST students
- Karnataka CM Siddaramaiah provided free laptops worth Rs.45 cr ahead of the state Assembly polls scheduled this year.
- 1.5 lakh laptops will be distributed to SC/ST students under a scheme rolled out in 2016-17.
2. Centre declares Hyderabad as open defecation free
- Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation undertook measures such as the construction of 98 public toilets.
- The GHMC Commissioner said they will take measures to retain the ODF tag.
3. AIADMK to launch new TV Channel, Newspaper
- The newspaper will be named as Nam Amma while the channel will be named as Amma TV.
- Namadhu MGR daily and Jaya TV Network are now controlled by jailed leader VK Sasikala and her family.
4. Over 300 detained, 16 FIRs filed in Mumbai during Maha Bandh
- Incidents of road and rail route blockades were reported during the bandh.
- BR Ambedkar’s grandson had called for the bandh over the clashes that erupted on Bhima Koregaon battle’s 200th anniversary.
1. Jadhav thanks Pakistan, blames India
- Pakistan has released a video in which ex-Indian Navy officer Kulbhushan Jadhav is thanking Pakistan for allowing him to meet his mother and wife last week.
- He also said he felt his mother and wife were scared during the meeting as an Indian diplomat was shouting at them.
2. Power prices go negative in Germany due to overproduction
- Consumers were paid to consume electricity as power grids were loaded due to overproduction.
- This is a frequent occurrence in the country as electricity produced from sources like Sun and wind.
3. Pakistan test-fires indigenously-built naval cruise missile
- ‘Harba’ is capable of hitting the target from surface to surface and ground assault.
- The missile was launched from PNS Himmat which is fitted with state-of-the-art sensors and weapons.
1. Salil Parekh to get Rs.16.25 cr as salary
- Infosys CEO will receive a salary of Rs.16.25 cr which includes a variable pay of Rs.9.75 cr.
- His predecessor Vishal Sikka’s total remuneration in 2016-17 was about Rs.45 cr.
2. ‘New’ RCom to be India’s largest B2B business : Anil Ambani
- The company had recently announced its exit from mobile business and signed an agreement with Jio to sell off its wireless assets.
- Ambani added that RCom will have a strategic partner in the next few months.
3. SRL becomes 1st Indian diagnostic firm to hit Rs.1k cr revenue
- SRL Diagnostics treats over 15 million patients annually in 600 cities across India.
- The firm is also the lab partner for UNICEF’s Comprehensive National Nutrition Survey.
1. CSK retains MS Dhoni, RCB keeps Virat for IPL 2018
- 2 time IPL champions Chennai Super Kings are returning to the tournament after 2 years.
- Mumbai Indians retained Rohit Sharma.
2. SC directs BCCI to allow Bihar to take part in Ranji Trophy
- Bihar, who last played Ranji Trophy in 2003-04 were omitted after Jharkhand won the right to play in India’s premier domestic tournament.
- The SC order comes in the wake of plea by Cricket Association of Bihar.