Daily Current Affairs 4 January 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 4 January 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 4 January 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 4 January 2019 Current affairs test.
1. Check Post at Moreh
- PM inaugurates Integrated Check Post at Moreh in Manipur.
- He also inaugurated the Dolaithabi Barrage Project in Manipur.
2. Paint Your Toilet or “Swachh Sundar Shauchalaya”
- Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation has launched a month-long campaign, “Swachh Sundar Shauchalaya” that commenced from this year.
- The sanitation coverage in rural India has already crossed 98%,with over 9 crore toilets built under Swachh Bharat Mission (Grameen) since its launch. Access to toilets is an important step towards the adoption of safe sanitation practices and an Open Defecation Free (ODF) nation.
3. Sarasvati River Revival
- Haryana Saraswati Heritage Development Board approved 11 major projects to revive the ancient Sarasvati river.
- Sarasvati River was one of the Rigvedic rivers mentioned in the Rig Veda and later Vedic and post-Vedic texts. The Sarasvati River played an important role in Hinduism since Vedic Sanskrit.
4. C H Loknath passes away
- Kannada actor C H Loknath has passed away at 91.
- C. H. Lokanath was a noted Indian Kannada language veteran stage and cine artist of more than 1000 plays and 650 films to his credit. Lokanath has been in the industry for decades and is affectionately addressed as “Uncle Lokanath” or “Uppinakayi” by the industry people.
1. 2019 World Book Fair
- The 27th edition of the New Delhi World Book Fair-NDWBF has started at Pragati Maidan in New Delhi.
- It is organised by the National Book Trust and the India Trade Promotion Organisation.
- National Book Trust is an Indian publishing house, founded in 1957 as an autonomous body under the Ministry of Education of the Government of India. NBT now functions under aegis of Ministry of Human Resource Development, Govt. of India India’s first Prime Minister Pt.
- Sharjah as its 2019 guest of honour
- Theme :- ‘Readers with special needs’.
2. Asia Reassurance Initiative Act
- Donald Trump has signed into law the Asia Reassurance Initiative Act
- Aim :- Countering the influence and growing threat from China, and to reinvigorate USA leadership.
3. World Braille Day – January 4
- World Braille Day is annually celebrated on January 4, the birthday of Braille inventor, Louis Braille. The day recognizes the contributions of Louis Braille in helping blind and visually impaired people to read and write.
- United Nations observes the first official World Braille Day today raising awareness on the importance of Braille for approximately 1.3 billion people living with some form of distance or near vision impairment.
1. New chairman of Ordnance Factory Board
- Saurabh Kumar has been appointed as chairman of Ordnance Factory Board.
- Ordnance Factories Board consisting of the Indian Ordnance Factories, is an industrial organisation, functioning under the Department of Defence Production of Ministry of Defence, Government of India.
2. India’s largest Asset Management Company
- HDFC Mutual Fund has become India’s largest Asset Management Company surpassing ICICI Prudential MF.
- An asset management company (AMC) is a company that invests its clients’ pooled funds into securities that match declared financial objectives. Asset management companies provide investors with more diversification and investing options than they would have by themselves.
3. ‘Jai Jawan, Jai Kisan, Jai Anusandhan’
- ‘Jai Anusandhan’ to the slogan ‘Jai Jawan, Jai Kisan’, It was done by PM Modi.
- The aim is to hail the power of research to project the nation among the top nations.
- ‘Jai Jawan, Jai Kisan, Jai Vigyan’ by then Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
4. ‘Parivesh’ web-based single-window system
- Parivesh (Pro-Active and Responsive facilitation by Interactive, Virtuous and Environmental Single-window Hub)
- ‘Parivesh’ will be rolled-out at state levels by January 15.
- it is a online submission based and is monitoring of the proposals submitted by the proponents for seeking Environment, Forest, Wildlife and CRZ Clearances from Central, State and district level authorities.
1. Target Olympic Podium Scheme
- Ministry of Sports has granted Rs100 Cr to fund athletes under Target Olympic Podium Scheme (TOPS).
- Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports (Department of Sports) have formulated ‘NSDF Target Olympic Podium (TOP) Scheme’ in the National Sports Development Fund (NSDF) with the objective of identifying and supporting potential medal prospects for Olympic Games. Focused disciplines will be Athletics, Archery, Badminton, and Boxing, Wrestling and Shooting.
2. Globe Soccer Awards
- Cristiano Ronaldo won Best Player of the Year at the 2019 Globe Soccer Awards at a ceremony in Dubai.
- He beat out Atletico Madrid’s Antoine Griezmann and Paris Saint-Germain’s Kylian Mbappe for the honour.
3. Qatar Open 2018
- Novak Djokovic (Serbia) has progressed to the Qatar Open semi-finals.
- The 2018 Qatar Open was a men’s tennis tournament played on outdoor hard courts. It was the 26th edition of the Qatar Open, and part of the ATP World Tour 250 series of the 2018 ATP World Tour. It took place at the Khalifa International Tennis and Squash Complex in Doha, Qatar, from January 1–6.