Daily Current Affairs 4 July 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 4 July 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 4 July 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 4 July 2018 Current affairs test.
1. The Umbrella scheme “Relief and Rehabilitation of Migrants and Repatriates”.
- Cabinet has given its approval for continuance of the 8 existing schemes of the Ministry of Home Affairs up to March 2020 for relief and rehabilitation of migrants and repatriates under the Umbrella scheme.
- The schemes will provide relief and rehabilitation assistance to the refugees, displaced persons, civilian victims of terrorist/communal/LWE violence and cross border firing and mine/IED blasts on Indian Territory and riot victims of various incidents etc.
2. Cabinet approves DNA Technology (Use and Application) Regulation Bill, 2018
- The primary intended purpose for enactment of the “DNA Based Technology (Use and Regulation) Bill 2018” is for expanding the application of DNA-based forensic technologies to support and strengthen the justice delivery system of the country.
- The utility of DNA based technologies for solving crimes, and to identify missing persons, is well recognized across the world.
3. Major General VD Dogra Becomes 1st Serving Indian Army Officer to Complete Ironman Competition
- Major General VD Dogra became the first serving Indian Army officer and the only General across the world to have completed a gruelling ‘Ironman’ competition held in Austria.
- The Ironman is an international triathlon consisting of three consecutive events- 3.8 km of swimming, 180 km cycling and 42.2 km of running .
4. Happiness Curriculum
- Arvind Kejriwal along with the spiritual leader Dalai Lama today launched a ‘Happiness Curriculum’ for students studying in Class Nursery to Class 8 in government schools.
- The curriculum will include a 45-minute ‘Happiness’ class, which will include meditation, value education, and mental exercises.
5. First oil Public Sector Undertaking (PSU) in India to adopt an online legal compliance system
- Numaligarh Refinery Ltd (NRL),Assam has became first oil Public Sector Undertaking (PSU) in India to adopt an online legal compliance system by introducing ‘Legatrix‘.
- This initiative aims to induce greater transparency NRL’s operations and augment its contribution towards Digital India Mission of the Government.
1. 5th Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership (RCEP) inter-sessional ministerial meeting
- The 5th Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership (RCEP) intersessional ministerial meeting was held in Tokyo, Japan. It was first RCEP ministerial gathering to be held outside ASEAN countries.
- The RCEP is a proposed Free Trade Agreement (FTA) between the ten member states of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) (Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam) and the six states with which ASEAN has existing free trade agreements (Australia, China, India, Japan, South Korea and New Zealand).
2. 19th World Congress of Food Science and Technology
- India will host the 19th “International Union of Food Science and Technology (IUFoST) 2018” in Navi Mumbai from October 23-27, 2018.
- The focal theme for this edition of the prestigious congress is 25 Billion Meals a Day by 2025 with Healthy, Nutritious, Safe and Diverse Foods.
3. Bank of China to operate in India
- RBI issued license to Bank of China to operate in India .It is the commitment made by Prime Minister Narendra Modi to the Chinese President XiJinping, during the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) Summit in Qingdao, China.
- The Bank of China (BoC) opened its first branch in South Asia in Pakistan’s Karachi last year.
1. Cabinet approves extension of Scheme of Recapitalization of Regional Rural Banks upto 2019-20
- Cabinet has approved the extension of the scheme of recapitalization of Regional Rural Banks (RRBs) for the next three years i.e. upto 2019-20.This will enable the RRBs to maintain the minimum prescribed Capital to Risk Weighted Assets Ratio (CRAR) of 9 per cent.
- A strong capital structure and minimum required level of CRAR will ensure financial stability of RRBs which will enable them to play a greater role in financial inclusion and meeting the credit requirements of rural areas.
2. Saraswati Prasad Assumes Charge As SAIL CMD
- Saraswati Prasad, Special Secretary and Financial Advisor, Ministry of Steel, has taken over the additional charge of the post of Chairman and Managing Director of the Steel Authority of India (SAIL).
- He is going to replace P K Singh.
3. IIFL is India’s No. 1 investment bank for Fiscal Year 2017 to 2018
- According to Prime Database Investment Bankers League table for Fiscal Year 2017-18, IIFL is India’s top investment bank for equity issuances by private sector companies.
- IIFL is a publicly listed company and is engaged in Investment Banking, Securities dealing, Wealth & Asset Management and Loans & Mortgages.
4. Project ‘SASHAKT’
- Sunil Mehta committee on bad loans resolution has recommended a five-pronged strategy Project ‘SASHAKT’ to deal with Non-performing Assets in the country’s banking system.
- Finance minister Piyush Goyal announced that government has accepted a report submitted by a committee of bankers led by Punjab National Bank chairman Sunil Mehta.
1. The highest ever IT20 individual score
- Aaron Finch the Australian captain hit 172 runs, the highest T20I scores, against Zimbabwe in the ongoing tri-series.
- The previous record was held by Martin Guptill and Kane Williamson, 171 runs, between New Zealand and Pakistan in 2016.
2. New President of Delhi and District Cricket Association (DDCA)
- TV anchor Rajat Sharma, known for his show ‘Aap Ki Adalat’, has been elected as President of Delhi and District Cricket Association (DDCA)
- Rajat Sharma defeated cricketer Madan Lal by 517 votes.
3. Kohli becomes fastest to reach 2,000 runs in T20I cricket
- In 56 matches , Virat Kohli has become the first Indian and fastest overall to reach 2,000 runs in men’s T20I cricket.
- Martin Guptill holds the record for scoring the most T20I runs (2,271).