Daily Current Affairs 4 July 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 4 July 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 4 July 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 4 July 2019 Current affairs test.
1. Economic Survey of India 2019
- Chief Economic Adviser Krishnamurthy Subramanian presented Economic Survey 2018-19 was guided by ‘Blue Sky Thinking’, thus the sky blue over on it.
- India’s GDP to grow at 7.0% in 2019-20.
- Fiscal Deficit:- 3.40%
- Theme: ‘To enable Shifting Gears to accelerate and sustain a real GDP growth rate of 8% and thereby achieve the vision of $5 trillion economy’.
- Blue-sky thinking (uncountable) (idiomatic) Thinking that is not grounded or in touch with the realities of the present. Open-minded thinking.
2. India International Cooperatives Trade Fair
- The first-ever India International Cooperatives Trade Fair (IICTF) will be held in New Delhi in October 2019.
- Aim: Doubling the agriculture export and integrating Indian farmers and agriculture products globally.
3. Members of the Oscars Academy
- Filmmakers Zoya Akhtar, Anurag Kashyap and Actor AnupamKher are among the Indians invited to be members of Oscars Academy.
- Motion Picture Academy is a professional honorary organization with the stated goal of advancing the arts and sciences of motion pictures. The Academy’s corporate management and general policies are overseen by a Board of Governors, which includes representatives from each of the craft branches.
4. Jammu and Kashmir Reservation (Amendment) Bill, 2019
- Rajya Sabha has passed Jammu and Kashmir Reservation (Amendment) Bill, 2019.
- It gives quota in jobs and educational institutions to people living near the International Border.
- Governor: Satya Pal Malik
1. National Defence Authorization Act (NDAA)
- USA Senate has passed National Defence Authorization Act (NDAA).
- It is a Legislative Provision that accords India at par with NATO allies of America.
- The United States Senate is the upper chamber of the United States Congress which, along with the United States House of Representatives—the lower chamber—comprises the legislature of the United States. The Senate chamber is located in the north wing of the Capitol Building, in Washington DC.
2. Independence Day of United States
- Independence Day is a federal holiday in the United States commemorating the Declaration of Independence of the United States, on July 4, 1776.
- The Continental Congress declared that the thirteen American colonies were no longer subject to the monarch of Britain and were now united, free, and independent states.
- Motto : In God We Trust || Anthem : The Star – Spangled Banner
- Vice President : Mike Pence || House Speaker : Nancy Pelosi || Chief Justice : John Roberts
3. Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces (INF) Treaty
- Russian President Vladimir Putin has signed Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces (INF) Treaty.
- The Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces Treaty was an arms control treaty between the United States and the Soviet Union. U.S. President Ronald Reagan and Soviet General Secretary Mikhail Gorbachev signed the treaty on 8 December 1987.
1. Arsenal FC with Adidas
- Arsenal Fc has partnered with Adidas as Kit suppliers and shirt sponsors.
- Arsenal Football Club is a professional football club based in Islington, London, England, that plays in the Premier League, the top flight of English football.
- Adidas AG is a multinational corporation, founded and headquartered in Herzogenaurach, Germany, that designs and manufactures shoes, clothing and accessories. It is the largest sportswear manufacturer in Europe, and the second largest in the world, after Nike.
- Founder: Adolf Dassler || Founded: 18 August 1949, Herzogenaurach, Germany || CEO: Kasper Rørsted
2. UJALA scheme
- Over 35 crore LED bulbs will be distributed under UJALA scheme.
- UJALA:- Unnat Jeevan by Affordable LEDs and Appliances for All.
- RK Singh has been appointed as Minister of Power in Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s cabinet.
- UnnatJyoti by Affordable LEDs and Appliances for All, also known as UnnatJyoti by Affordable LEDs for All, was launched by Prime Minister of India Narendra Modi on 1 May 2015, replacing the “Bachat Lamp Yojana”. The project is spearheaded by the Energy Efficiency Services Limited.
3. Dastak Campaign
- Uttar Pradesh Government has launched ‘Dastak’ Campaign to eradicate Acute Encephalitis Syndrome (AES) and Japanese Encephalitis (JE) disease.
- It is a part of Social and Behaviour Change Communication.
4. Reebok’s New Brand Ambassador
- Reebok has signed Actress Katrina Kaif as its new brand ambassador in India.
- Reebok is an English footwear and apparel company, subsidiary of German sports giant Adidas since 2005.
- Reebok produces and distributes fitness, running and CrossFit sportswear including clothing and footwear.
- Founded: 1958, Bolton, UK || Headquarters: Boston, Massachusetts, United States || CEO: Matthew H. O’Toole || Founders: Joseph William Foster, Jeff Foster
1. Commonwealth Table Tennis Championship
- Odisha Government will host 21st Commonwealth Table Tennis Championship.
- Capital: Bhubaneswar || Chief minister: Naveen Patnaik || Governor: Ganeshi Lal
- The Commonwealth of Nations, normally known as the Commonwealth, is a political association of 53 member states, nearly all of them former territories of the British Empire.
- Odisha Government has signed an MoU with Table Tennis Federation of India and Odissi Tennis Association for the same.
2. Carlin Dunne passes away
- Professional Motorcycle Racer Carlin Dunne has passed away.
- He was also known as ‘The King of the Mountain’.
3. 2019 Africa Cup of Nations
- Egypt is the host nation of 2019 Africa Cup of Nations. (Ongoing)
- The CAF Africa Cup of Nations, officially CAN, also referred to as AFCON, or Total Africa Cup of Nations for sponsorship reasons, is the main international association football competition in Africa. It is sanctioned by the Confederation of African Football and was first held in 1957.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,4 July
- Daily Current Affairs: July 1
- Daily Current Affairs: July 2
- Daily Current Affairs: July 3
- Daily Current Affairs: July 4
- Daily Current Affairs: July 5
- Daily Current Affairs: July 6
- Daily Current Affairs: July 7
- Daily Current Affairs: July 8
- Daily Current Affairs: July 9
- Daily Current Affairs: July 10
- Daily Current Affairs: July 11
- Daily Current Affairs: July 12
- Daily Current Affairs: July 13
- Daily Current Affairs: July 14
- Daily Current Affairs: July 15
- Daily Current Affairs: July 16
- Daily Current Affairs: July 17
- Daily Current Affairs: July 18
- Daily Current Affairs: July 19
- Daily Current Affairs: July 20
- Daily Current Affairs: July 21
- Daily Current Affairs: July 22
- Daily Current Affairs: July 23
- Daily Current Affairs: July 24
- Daily Current Affairs: July 25
- Daily Current Affairs: July 26
- Daily Current Affairs: July 27
- Daily Current Affairs: July 28
- Daily Current Affairs: July 29
- Daily Current Affairs: July 30
- Daily Current Affairs: July 31