Daily Current Affairs 4 June 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 4 June 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 4 June 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 4 June 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Heli-taxis launched in Shimla
- The heli-taxi service will reduce the travel time between Shimla and Chandigarh to 20 mins.
- 19 persons can be accommodated on each sortie and will be charged at Rs.2,999/person.
2. CBSE declares NEET 2018 results
- Out of 13 lakh students who appeared 6.34 lakh candidates passed the exam.
- Bihar’s Kalpana Kumari topped with 99.99 percentile.
3. Sanjay Mitra to be DRDO Chairman
- S Christopher completed his term as the DRDO Chairman.
- Sanjay Mitra is holding the responsibilities of Defence Secretary too.
1. Egypt President sworn in for 2nd term
- Abdel Fattah al-Sisi sworn in for 2nd 4-yr term in office.
- Sisi won 97% of valid votes in the Presidential election.
2. India ranked 113 on Childhood Index
- India ranked 113 among 175 countries in the index.
- Singapore and Slovania shared the 1st spot.
3. Cuba, US restore direct postal service
- The countries have agreed to permanently restore direct postal service.
- It was suspended by Havana in 1968.
1. Microsoft acquired GitHub
- Microsoft acquired GitHub for $7.5 bn in an all-stock deal.
- Microsoft’s Corporate VP Nat Freidman will be GitHub’s new CEO.
2. Mahesh Jain appointed as RBI’s Deputy Governor
- IDBI’s MD & CEO is appointed as RBI’s Deputy Governor.
- The post was vacant since SS Mundra retired in July 2017.
3. Govt may merge 4 banks
- The govt is planning to merge IDBI, BoB, Central Bank and Oriental Bank of Commerce.
- It will be India’s 2nd largest bank with assets worth $16.58 tn.
1. India beat Thailand by 66 runs
- India won over Thailand in the Women’s T20 Asia Cup at Kuala Lumpur.
- This is India’s 2nd successive win after beating Malaysia by 142 runs.
2. Football team’s match sold out
- All the tickets for India’s football match against Kenya are sold out.
- This comes after Indian skipper Sunil Chhetri urged people to show up for matches.