Daily Current Affairs 4 March 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 4 March 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 4 March 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 4 March 2018 Current affairs test.
1.BJP,NDPP claim stake to form govt in Nagaland
- The BJP and NDPP met Nagaland Governor PB Acharya to stake claim to form the state govt.
- The NDPP-BJP has secured a simple majority of 32 out of 60 seats.
2.Tripura CM Manik Sarkar submits resignation
- 4 time Tripura CM Manik Sarkar submitted his resignation after BJP’s win in the state Assembly Elections.
- The Governor asked him to continue until the new CM is decided.
3. 75k Nepalis recite Dhammapada in bid to break India’s record
- Nepal was making a record attempt for ‘Most People Reading Aloud Simultaneously.
- The Dhammapada are the preachings of Lord Buddha.
4.Hung Assembly in Meghalaya, Congress single largest party
- Meghalaya elected a hung Assembly with the ruling Congress emerging as the single largest party after winning 21 seats out the 59 that went to polls last month.
- To form government in Meghalaya at present, a party or coalition requires a minimum of 30 seats.
1. Actor-politician Shatrughan Sinha Wins Lifetime Achievement Award in UK
- Actor-politician Shatrughan Sinha has been honoured with a lifetime achievement award for his contribution to the fields of arts and politics at a ceremony in the UK’s Parliament complex
- The annual ‘Political and Public Life Awards’ presented by Britain’s Asian Voice weekly newspaper recognises individuals who have made a significant impact on public life or made a difference in their local communities.
2.White House Placed on lockdown
- The White House was placed on lockdown as a man shot himself to death close to the perimeter fence of the building.
- The man was identified by the Secret Service and the city’s Metropolitan Police Department, but his name was not immediately released
3.Nigeria pays parents to send daughters to school
- The govt in Nigeria has launched a scheme to pay parents Rs.2700 a year to send their daughters to school.
- The UNICEF had launched a similar scheme in 2014 in Nigeria aimed at increasing the rate of literacy among girls.
4.US delays curbs on employment of H-1B visa holders’ spouses
- The date for issuing the draft proposal has been deferred till June.
- The spouses of H-1B visa holders waiting for green cards have been allowed to work in the US since 2015.
1. Serious fraud body seeks info from Fortis Healthcare
- The SFIO has sought information and documents from Fortis Healthcare.
- Fortis promoters, Malvinder and Shivinder Singh took Rs.473 cr from the company without the board’s approval a year ago.
2. Nirav Modi bribed PNB official with gold, jewellery : CBI
1. Dinesh Karthik named captain of KKR
- This was announced ahead of the 11th edition of the IPL.
- Robin Uthappa was named as the team’s vice captain.
2. Indian shooter sets world record at his 1st ever WC
- Shahzar Rizvi cinched the 10m air pisto gold medal with a world record score.
- Mehuli Ghosh added another medal to India’s tally as she won bronze in the women’s 10m air rifle event.