Daily Current Affairs 4 March 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 4 March 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 4 March 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 4 March 2019 Current affairs test.
1. New Delhi International Arbitration Centre
- Govt. has approved an ordinance for establishing the New Delhi International Arbitration Centre (NDIAC).
- The aim is to create an independent and autonomous regime for institutionalised arbitration.
2. National Safety Day (Rashtriya Suraksha Diwas)
- National Safety Day is observed on 4th March as foundation day of National Safety Council Government Ministry.
- Theme :- Cultivate and Sustain A Safety Culture for Building Nation
- National Safety Week is being observed from 4th March 2018 to 10th March 2018.
3. Prayagraj Kumbh Mela 2019 in Guinness Book of World Records
- ‘Prayagraj Kumbh Mela 2019’ is in ‘Guinness Book of World Records’ for the largest crowd management, largest sanitation drive and largest painting exercise of public sites.
- Prayagraj Ardh Kumbh Mela, 2019 is the Ardh Kumbh Mela being held at Triveni Sangam in Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh, India from 15 January to 4 March 2019.
4. Pradhan Mantri JI-VAN (Jaiv Indhan- Vatavaran Anukool fasal awashesh Nivaran) Yojana
- Pradhan Mantri JI-VAN Scheme will provide financial support to Integrated Bioethanol Projects using lignocellulose biomass and other renewable feedstock.
- With a outlay of Rs 1969.50 crore for the period from 2018-19 to 2023-24.
1. QS World Rankings
- Manipal Academy of Higher Education has become only private University in India to be featured in the QS World rankings in the areas of Medicine and Pharmacy.
- Other three are AIIMS (Delhi), Jamia Hamdard (New Delhi) & Banaras Hindu University (Uttar Pradesh).
- QS World University Rankings is an annual publication of university rankings by Quacquarelli Symonds.
2. Zhores Alferov passes away
- Zhores Alferov was a Soviet and Russian physicist and academic who contributed significantly to the creation of modern hetero-structure physics and electronics.
- He was the inventor of the hetero-transistor and shared the 2000 Nobel Prize in Physics.
3. Senegal’s New President
- Macky Sall has been re-elected as Senegal’s President for the second term.
- Senegal Capital: Dakar || Currency: Franc
4. World Hearing Day
- World Hearing Day, on March 3rd, is a campaign held each year by Office of Prevention of Blindness and Deafness of the World Health Organization.
- Activities take place across the globe and an event is hosted at the World Health Organization on March 3rd.
- Theme :- ‘Check your Hearing’.
1. Rice Knowledge Bank
- ‘Rice Knowledge Bank – Assam’ is an agriculture web portal dedicated to enhancing knowledge on rice production techniques, best production practices and state agriculture facts.
- It was launched under Assam Agribusiness & Rural Transformation (APART) project with technical assistance from International Rice Research Institute, which is funded by World Bank.
2. India’s first policy to protect bank locker
- IFFCO Tokio General Insurance Company announced the launch of Bank Locker Protector Policy
- A sum insured ranging from Rs 3 lakh to Rs 40 lakh and above.
- The premium rate is affordable with a cover of Rs 3 lakh available at Rs 300(less than Rs 1 per day).
3. Atal Bihari Vajpayee Life-Time Achievement Award
- Musician Thanga Darlong was awarded ‘Atal Bihari Vajpayee Life-Time Achievement Award’.
- Thanga Darlong is an Indian folk music artist, known for his contribution to the folk music of Tripura and his work in preserving & promoting the traditional instrument Rosem. He was awarded the Padma Shri, the fourth highest civilian award in India.
4. Indo-Russia Rifles Ltd. Plant in Amethi
- PM Modi has inaugurated Indo-Russia Rifles Ltd. plant at Ordnance Factory Board Korwa in Amethi.
- It is a joint venture between Russia’s Kalashnikov Concern and Ordnance Factory Board, India to produce 7.5 Lakh AK-203 Rifles.
1. Mexico Open title (Tennis)
- Nick Kyrgios of Australia has defeated Alexander Zverev of Germany in the final to win the Mexico Open title.
- Alexander “Sascha” Zverev is a German professional tennis player. He is the youngest player ranked in the top 5 by the Association of Tennis Professionals, and was a permanent fixture in the top 5 throughout 2018. He has won ten ATP titles in singles and two in doubles.
2. Supercopa de Catalunya
- FC Barcelona will face Girona FC in the final of Supercopa de Catalunya.
- The Supercopa de Catalunya is a football supercup competition organised by the Catalan Football Federation since 2014 for football clubs in the Catalonia autonomous community of Spain.
- The match features the two best ranked Catalan clubs from La Liga.
3. Dan Kolov-Nikol Petrov Ranking Series
- Bajrang Punia (Men’s 65kg) and Pooja Dhanda (Women’s 59kg) clinched gold medals in freestyle wrestling at the Dan Kolov-Nikol Petrov Ranking Series in Bulgaria.
- Sakshi Malik (Women’s 65kg) secured a silver medal for the same.