Daily Current Affairs 4 May 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 4 May 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 4 May 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 4 May 2018 Current affairs test.
1. ‘Go to Village’ in Manipur
- The mission was launched in 60 Assembly constituencies.
- It is aimed at identifying deserving beneficiaries for govt schemes.
2. Thunderstorm warning across the country
- The warning is issued for May 5 to 7.
- It is expected in J&K, Himachal Pradesh, Delhi, Odisha, Punjab and Kerala.
3. EV to get green number plates
- This will help in distinguishing them and giving a preferential treatment.
- It includes discounted tolls, special parking etc.,
4. Centre allows private poppy cultivation
- Opium production is strictly controlled in India.
- It is used in anti-addiction therapies and in treatment of cancer.
1. Modi most liked leader on Facebook
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has 43.2 million followers against US President Donald Trump’s 23.1 million.
- He also has 2nd most interactions behind Trump.
2. India to reach power target before deadline
- As per World Bank, India will achieve 100% electricity by 2030.
- An official said that 85% of Indian population has access to electricity.
3. EU invites teens to travel free
- EU invited 15,000 Europeans to travel free this summer.
- They will travel for 30 days visiting 1 to 4 destinations.
1. Radhakrishnan Nair appointed as ICICI Bank’s independent director
- He has been appointed as the independent director for 5 years.
- He is also the independent director of ICICI Prudential Life Insurance Company, ICICI Prudential Trust and ICICI Securities Primary Dealership.
2. Cognizant acquires Hedera Consulting
- Cognizant acquired Belgium based Hedera Consulting that will strengthen its customer base in Belgium and the Netherlands.
- The consulting firm specializes in business advisory.
3. Kotak unveils Free Intraday Trading
- It allows investors to trade without any brokerage charges.
- This facility can be availed with an annual subscription of Rs.999.
4. GSTN to be govt body
- The govt will acquire 51% stake held by private entities.
- Central govt will hold 50% and state govts will hold 50%.
1. Prannoy reaches career best rank
- Prannoy is on 8th spot in the Badminton World Federation rankings while Kidambi Srikanth is at the 3rdposition.
- Saina entered the top 10 and Sindhu retained 3rd position.
2. Gill slams half-century to help KKR chase CSK
- He is the 4th youngest player after Sanju Samson, Prithvi Shaw and Rishabh Pant.
- KKR is on the 3rd spot in the IPL table.