Daily Current Affairs 4th May 2020: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 4th May 2020. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 4th May 2020. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 4th May 2020 Current affairs test.
- National Mission for Clean Ganga and National Institute of Urban Affairs have organized an IDEAthon on ‘The future of River Management’.
- The National Mission of Clean Ganga (NMCG) has taken up the initiative under Namami Gange Project to conserve wetlands of the Ganges basin. The primary aim of Namami Gange project is to rejuvenate the river by increasing its flow. It also includes recharging aquifers and conservation of wetlands.
- National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG) under the Ministry of Jal Shakti.
- Minister of Jal Shakti- Gajendra Singh Shekhawat
2. African Swine Flu in Assam
- Assam Government has confirmed that more than 2500 pigs were killed due to African Swine Flu in the state.
- African swine fever virus is a large, double-stranded DNA virus in the Asfarviridae family. It is the causative agent of African swine fever. The virus causes a hemorrhagic fever with high mortality rates in domestic pigs; some isolates can cause death of animals as quickly as a week after infection.
1. Non-Aligned Movement Summit
- PM Modi will attend Non-Aligned Movement Summit representing India through a video conference.
- Azerbaijan President Ilham Aliyev will chair the current NAM Summit.
- The Non-Aligned Movement is a forum of 120 developing world states that are not formally aligned with or against any major power bloc. After the United Nations, it is the largest grouping of states worldwide.
- NAM: Founded: 1961, Belgrade, Serbia || Headquarters: Central Jakarta, Indonesia || Chairperson: Ilham Aliyev
1. WhatsApp Pay
- Three banks – HDFC Bank, Axis Bank, ICICI Bank – are set to offer UPI handles on the WhatsApp Pay payment platform.
- State Bank of India is not going to go live in the first phase but later will be added.
- NPCI had urged UPI third party players to move into a multi-party model in order to ensure transactions do not clog any specific bank’s systems and high success rates can be maintained. Google Pay also operates with the above mentioned four banks.
1. Silver Lake to invest in Jio
- US-based private equity firm Silver Lake will invest Rs 5655 crore into Reliance Jio for 1.15% Stake.
- Silver Lake is an American private equity firm focused on leveraged buyout and growth capital investments in technology, technology-enabled and related industries. Founded in 1999, the firm is one of the largest technology investors in the world and notable for participating in club deals.
2. Bharat Market
- National E-Commerce Market place ‘Bharat Market’ was launched by Confederation of All India Traders (CAIT).
- Confederation of All India Traders was established in the year 1990 to consolidate the trading community of India which is though self-organized but yet is classified as unorganized and to protect their interest.
3. President of Indian Steel Association steps down
- Tata Steel CEO T. V. Narendran has stepped down as president of Indian Steel Association.
- Indian Steel Association was formed in 2014, ISA is an umbrella industry body representing 18 full and affiliate members, including the top steel producing companies in India such as Tata Steel, JSW Steel, Steel Authority of India Ltd., Arcelor Mittal Nippon Steel India, RastriyaIspat Nigam Ltd. and Jindal Steel & Power Ltd.
Science and Technology News
- National Institute of Animal Biotechnology (NIAB), Hyderabad have developed a biosensor called the eCovSens.
- The sensor is used to detect COVID-19 virus in saliva samples.
1. Chief Risk Officer of Yes Bank
- Yes Bank has appointed Neeraj Dhawan as its Chief Risk Officer.
- Yes Bank: Headquarters- Mumbai || CEO- Prashant Kumar || Tagline- Experience our Expertise.
1. World Laughter Day
- World Laughter Day is celebrated on the first Sunday of May every year.
- The first celebration was on January 10, 1998, in Mumbai, India, and was arranged by Dr. Madan Kataria, founder of the worldwide Laughter Yoga movement.
2. International Firefighters’ Day
- International Firefighters’ Day is observed on May 4.
- It was instituted after a proposal was emailed out across the world on January 4, 1999 due to the deaths of five firefighters in tragic circumstances in a bushfire in Australia.
1. Ajay Kumar Tripathi passes away
- Former Judicial Member, Lokpal of India, Justice Ajay Kumar Tripathi has passed away.
- Ajay Kumar Tripathi was an Indian judge and former Judicial Member of Lokpal since 23 March 2019 He was also the Chief Justice of Chhattisgarh High Court.