Daily Current Affairs 4 November 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 4 November 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 4 November 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 4 November 2018 Current affairs test.
1. First Gyan Kumbh Uttarakhand
- President Kovind has inaugurated the first Gyan Kumbh in Uttarakhand.
- This event has been organised by the Higher Education Department of the Uttarakhand Government and the University of Patanjali in Haridwar.
2. Ezhuthachan Puraskaram Award
- M Mukundan(Malayalam novelist) will be awarded ‘Ezhuthachan Puraskaram’ for the year 2018.
- ‘Ezhuthachan Puraskaram’ is the Kerala government’s highest literary award.
3. A 59-minute loan approval portal
- PM Modi has launched a 59-minute approval portal for loans of up to ₹1 crore for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises.
- The Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises, a branch of the Government of India, is the apex body for the formulation and administration of rules, regulations and laws relating to micro, small and medium enterprises in India.
4. Committee for Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality
- Internet and Mobile Association of India has formed a expert committee to develop and promote AR and VR in India.
- The committee will be headed by Namrita Mahindro(Mahindra Group).
1. 18th IORA meeting
- The 18th Indian Ocean Rim Association meeting was concluded in Durban, South Africa.
- IORA ‘Be the Legacy’ internship programme was announced to honour Nelson Mandela.
2. India-UAE Partnership Summit (IUPS) 2018
- India-UAE Partnership Summit (IUPS) 2018 was held in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
- Focus States were: Sharjah, Delhi, Assam, Punjab and West Bengal.
3. Global Conference on Air Pollution and Health
- The first Global Conference on Air Pollution and Health will be held at WHO Headquarters in Geneva.
- The World Health Organization (WHO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that is concerned with international public health. It was established on 7 April 1948, and is headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland.
1. Swadhaar Finserve’s New CEO
- RBL Bank has appointment of Vikas Muttoo as CEO of Swadhaar Finserve.
- RBL Bank has raised its stake in micro lender Swadhaar FinServe to 100 per cent to help expand its financial inclusion initiatives. RBL Bank had earlier held 60.48 per cent stake in Swadhaar, which is an exclusive business correspondent of the lender.
2. UTS on Mobile
- Railway Ministry has launched ‘UTS on Mobile’ App
- Passenger has to be within a 5km range of the source station to be able to buy a ticket through app with maximum of 4 Tickets.
3. New CEO Of UCO Bank
- Atul Kumar Goel has been appointed as Managing Director and CEO of UCO Bank.
- UCO Bank, formerly United Commercial Bank, established in 1943 in Kolkata, is a major government-owned commercial bank of India.
4. Kirloskar group’s NBFC
- Kirloskar group has received nod from RBI to launch a non-banking finance company ‘Kirloskar Capital’.
- Kirloskar Capital will be headed by Vimal Bhandari.
1. 2018 SAFF U-15 Championship
- 5th SAFF U-15 Championship 2018 was held in Kathmandu, Nepal.
- Bangladesh beat Pakistan 3-2 on penalties in the final.
2. World Gymnastics Championships
- Simone Biles(American) has become first ever gymnast to win 13 world championship gold medals.
- She has achieved this during her 13th gold medal at the world gymnastics championships in Doha, Qatar.
3. Wayne Rooney to bid adieu
- Wayne Rooney will make his final appearance for England National Football team against the United States in an international friendly at Wembley, London.
- The match will be called The Wayne Rooney Foundation International in support of the striker’s charity aiding disadvantaged children.