Daily Current Affairs 04 October 2017: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 04 October 2017. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 04 October 2017. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 04 October 2017 Current affairs test.
1. Karnataka launches mid-day meal for pregnant women.
- The Karnataka government launched the Rs.302crore Mathru Poorna Scheme, aimed at providing the free mid-day meals to pregnant and lacting women in rural areas.
- The meals which will be provided in Anganwadi centres will include an egg, rice, pulses, vegetables, and milk.
2. Country’s first ITI for Divyangans in Assam.
- Sabranand Sonwal, CM of Assam laid foundation stone of country’s first ever Industrial Training Institute(ITI) for the divyangans.
- As per the guidelines of National Council for vocational Training , the ITI will have sixty seats for three different trades with 20 seats.
3. 2018 Commonwealth Games Baton arrives in New Delhi
- The Queen’s baton for the 2018 Commonwealth Games arrived in New Delhi, India.
- The 2018 Commonwealth Games will be held in Australia.
1. Russia launches world’s biggest most powerful nuclear icebreaker.
- Russia has launched the world’s biggest and most powerful nuclear ice breaker ship in a bid to expand its strategic presence in the resource rich terrain of the Arctic.
- The massive vessel named Sibir(Siberia) was developed as part of the huge push by the Rosatom State Atomic Energy Corporation to open crucial shipping lanes in the icy northern sea route.
2. Soumya Swaminathan appointed as Deputy Director General at WHO.
- The World Health organization(WHO) appointed Soumya Swaminathan one of the two Deputy Directors General.
- The position is the highest post headed by an Indian in the Geneva, Switzerland based WHO.
3. Global Entrepreneurship summit 2017 to be held in Hyderabad.
- A high level delegation from the Government of India and the United States met NITI aayog to plan the 2017 Global Entrepreneurship summit 2017.
- The summit will be held on November 28-30 at the Hyderabad International Convention Center in Hyderabad.
4. India Nepal to conduct first joint Tiger Count.
- India and Nepal will conduct joint Tiger censure in their national parks, forests and protected areas for the first time using a globally recognized method.
- the last tiger count conducted by Nepal in 2013 puts the number of adult tigers around 200 in the Himalayan Country.
1. RCom shares drop by 7.8% after call off merger with Aircel.
- Shares of India’s Reliance Communications tumbled as much as 7.8% in early trade to an all-time low after the company scrapped a proposed merger of its wireless arm with rival Aircel, raising doubts about a debt-reduction plan.
- Shares in RCom were trading at Rs 17.90, down 6.77%, at 4.00 GMT, after dropping to a low of Rs 17.70.
2. Rajnish Kumar appointed as Chairman of SBI.
- Rajnish Kumar, Managing Director of State Bank of India (SBI), was appointed the next chairman of the largest public sector bank SBI.
- He will succeed Arundhati Bhattacharya, who is at present serving her one-year extension.
1. Cristiano Ronaldo auctioned his Ballon d’Or for 6,00,000 euros.
- Real Madrid and Portugal football star Cristiano Ronaldo has auctioned the replica of one of his four Ballon d’Or awards for a whopping 600,000 euros.
- The proceeds from the auction will go to Make-A-Wish foundation, which grants wishes to terminally ill children.
2. Jagan wins Sixth title in a row at National motorcycle Racing.
- TVS’s racing mascot Jagan Kumar notched his sixth straight title in the premier super sport Indian class on a rain affected day.
- The event was organized by Madras Motorsports Club.
- Daily Current Affairs: October 1
- Daily Current Affairs: October 2
- Daily Current Affairs: October 3
- Daily Current Affairs: October 4
- Daily Current Affairs: October 5
- Daily Current Affairs: October 6
- Daily Current Affairs: October 7
- Daily Current Affairs: October 8
- Daily Current Affairs: October 9
- Daily Current Affairs: October 10
- Daily Current Affairs: October 11
- Daily Current Affairs: October 12
- Daily Current Affairs: October 13
- Daily Current Affairs: October 14
- Daily Current Affairs: October 15