Daily Current Affairs 4 September 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 4 September 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 4 September 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 4 September 2019 Current affairs test.
1. Garvi Gujarat Bhavan
- Prime Minister Modi has inaugurated the Garvi Gujarat Bhawan in New Delhi.
- It is equipped with traditional and modern artefacts and technologies and will serve as a home for Gujaratis in New Delhi.
2. Mega Vendor Meet 2019
- Research Designs and Standards Organization of Indian Railways has organized Mega Vendor Meet 2019 in Lucknow.
- Aim: To show-case greater business opportunities in Railway sector.
- The Research Designs & Standards Organisation is an research and development organisation under the Ministry of Railways of India, which functions as a technical adviser and consultant to the Railway Board.
3. Book ‘India’s Lost Frontier the Story of the North-West Frontier Province of Pakistan’
- Book ‘India’s Lost Frontier the Story of the North-West Frontier Province of Pakistan’, has been penned by Raghvendra Singh.
- Raghvendra Singh is a veteran civil servant and was the Director-General of the National Archives of India.
- It is based on the history of Pakistan’s Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, earlier known as the North-West Frontier Province.
4. SKOCH Governance Gold Award
- Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana-National Urban Livelihoods Mission (DAY-NULM) has been conferred ‘SKOCH Governance Gold Award’.
- SKOCH Group is India’s leading Think Tank dealing with socio-economic issues, with a focus on inclusive growth, since 1997.
- Sameer Kochhar is the Chief Editor & Chairman of Skoch Group.
- National Urban Livelihoods Mission (NULM) was launched by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation (MHUPA), Government of India in 23rd September, 2013 by replacing the existing Swarna Jayanti Shahari Rozgar Yojana (SJSRY).
5. 100 cities under CGHS services
- According to Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Central Government Health Scheme’s services will be available to 100 cities by 2022.
- Union Minister of Health & Family Welfare: Harsh Vardhan.
1. ASEAN-USA Maritime Exercise
- USA and Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) will conduct their first joint maritime exercises ASEAN-USA Maritime Exercise (AUMX) in South China Sea.
- ASEAN is a regional intergovernmental organization comprising ten countries in Southeast Asia, which promotes intergovernmental cooperation and facilitates economic, political, security, military, educational, and sociocultural integration among its members and other countries in Asia.
- Headquarters: Jakarta, Indonesia || Founded: 8 August 1967
- 10 States ― Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam. 1 Observer – Papua New Guinea.
2. World Coconut Day
- September 2 is observed as World Coconut Day to make people understand that Coconut has a vital role in poverty reduction.
- Theme: Coconut, the tree of life Sustains family wellbeing
- There is one organisation called ‘Asian and Pacific Coconut Community’, head quartered at Jakarta.
- This organisation of Coconut is associated with the socio-economic aspects of millions of people, who directly and indirectly depend on this crop.
- World Coconut Day, the importance of this tree should be propagated and made aware of its intrinsic value in the life of mankind.
3. Japan–India Defence Ministerial Meeting
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh has co-chaired the Japan–India Defence Ministerial Meeting held in Tokyo, Japan.
- Japan was represented by Defence Minister of Japan Mr Takeshi lwaya.
- Japan Capital: Tokyo || Currency: Japanese Yen || PM: Shinzo Abe.
1. Edelweiss Financial Services with Central Bank of India
- ECL Finance which is a subsidiary of Edelweiss Financial Services, and Central Bank of India have signed an agreement for Priority Sector Lending to MSME Customers.
- Central Bank of India, a government-owned bank, is one of the oldest and largest commercial banks in India. It is based in Mumbai which is the financial capital of India and capital city of state of Maharashtra.
- Headquarters: Mumbai || Founded: 21 December 1911 || Founders: Sorabji Pochkhanawala, Pherozeshah Mehta
- Pallav Mohapatra, MD & CEO, Central Bank of India
2. ADB to support Government of India’s Initiatives
- Asian Development Bank President Takehiko Nakao has pledged a support of USD 12 billion to Indian Govt’s initiatives.
- The supported new flagship initiatives like Jal Jeevan Mission (Piped Water for all) and road safety for the next three years.
- The Asian Development Bank is a regional development bank established on 19 December 1966, which is headquartered in the Ortigas Center located in the city of Mandaluyong, Metro Manila, Philippines. The company also maintains 31 field offices around the world to promote social and economic development in Asia.
- Headquarters: Mandaluyong, Philippines || President: Takehiko Nakao || Founded: 19 December 1966 || Membership: 68 countries || Purpose: Economic development
3. Government e-Marketplace with SIDBI
- Government e-Marketplace has signed an MoU with Small Industries Development Bank of India.
- Aim: To benefit MSMEs, Women Entrepreneurs, Self Help Groups, Women Self Help Groups etc. under MUDRA and Stand-up India scheme.
- Government e-Marketplace (GeM) is a one stop portal to facilitate online procurement of common use Goods & Services required by various Government Departments / Organizations / PSUs. GeM aims to enhance transparency, efficiency and speed in public procurement.
- Small industrial Development Bank of India is a development financial institution in India, headquartered at Lucknow and having its offices all over the country.
- Headquarters location: Lucknow || Founded: 2 April 1990 || Agency executive: Mohammad Mustafa, IAS, (Chairman and Managing Director)
4. Lakshmi Vilas Bank CEO resigns
- Lakshmi Vilas Bank has announced the resignation of its CEO Parthasarathi Mukherjee.
- Lakshmi Vilas Bank Limited was founded in 1926 by a group of seven businessmen of Karur under the leadership of Shri V.S.N. Ramalinga Chettiar.
- Headquarters: Chennai
1. 2019 ISSF World Cup
- 10m Air Pistol Men: Abhishek Verma with Gold Medal || Saurabh Chaudhary with Bronze Medal.
- 10m Air Pistol Women: Yashaswini Singh Deswal || Gold Medal
- 10m Air Rifle Mixed Team: Apurvi Chandela and Deepak Kumar Gold Medal.
- 10m Air Rifle Mixed Team: MOUDGIL Anjum Moudgil and Divyansh Singh Panwar Bronze Medal
- 50m Rifle 3 Positions Men: Sanjeev Rajput || Silver Medal
- 10m Air Pistol Mixed Team: Manu Bhaker and Saurabh Chaudhary with Gold Medal
- 10m Air Pistol Mixed Team: Yashaswini Singh Deswal and Abhishek Verma with Silver Medal.
- The 4th leg of 2019 ISSF World Cup has been concluded at Rio de Janeiro Brazil.
- The 2019 ISSF World Cup is the annual edition of the ISSF World Cup in the Olympic shooting events, governed by the International Shooting Sport Federation.
- The World Cup series will be also as the qualification tournaments for the 2020 Olympic Games. India has emerged as the most successful nation till now.
2. Shot putter Tejinderpal Singh Toor
- Shot-putter Tejinderpal Singh Toor has won a silver medal during athletic meet at Decin in Czech Republic.
- Tejinder Pal Singh Toor is an Indian shot putter who holds the outdoor national record of 20.75m.
3. Highest wicket-taker in T20 Cricket
- Sri Lankan Bowler Lasith Malinga has become the highest wicket-taker in T20 cricket, surpassing Shahid Afridi of Pakistan.
- Twenty20 Cricket was originally introduced by the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) in 2003 for the inter-county competition in England and Wales.
4. Hat-trick in Test cricket by Indians
- Jasprit Bumrah has become third Indian to register a hat-trick in Test cricket after Harbhajan Singh and Irfan Pathan.
- Jasprit Jasbirsingh Bumrah is an Indian cricketer who plays for the Indian national cricket team in all formats of the game.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,4 September
- Daily Current Affairs: September 1
- Daily Current Affairs: September 2
- Daily Current Affairs: September 3
- Daily Current Affairs: September 4
- Daily Current Affairs: September 5
- Daily Current Affairs: September 6
- Daily Current Affairs: September 7
- Daily Current Affairs: September 8
- Daily Current Affairs: September 9
- Daily Current Affairs: September 10
- Daily Current Affairs: September 11
- Daily Current Affairs: September 12
- Daily Current Affairs: September 13
- Daily Current Affairs: September 14
- Daily Current Affairs: September 15
- Daily Current Affairs: September 16
- Daily Current Affairs: September 17
- Daily Current Affairs: September 18
- Daily Current Affairs: September 19
- Daily Current Affairs: September 20
- Daily Current Affairs: September 21
- Daily Current Affairs: September 22
- Daily Current Affairs: September 23
- Daily Current Affairs: September 24
- Daily Current Affairs: September 25
- Daily Current Affairs: September 26
- Daily Current Affairs: September 27
- Daily Current Affairs: September 28
- Daily Current Affairs: September 29
- Daily Current Affairs: September 30