Daily Current Affairs 5 June 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 5 June 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 5 June 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 5 June 2019 Current affairs test.
1. Fiscal Deficit Target for FY 2018-19
- Government has met fiscal deficit target of 3.4% for Financial Year 2018-19.
- A government budget is a financial statement presenting the government’s proposed revenues and spending for a financial year.
2. Kandla-Gorakhpur LPG pipeline project
- Kandla-Gorakhpur LPG pipeline is the world’s longest LPG pipeline from Kandla, Gujarat to Gorakhpur, Uttar Pradesh.
- This project is a joint venture between Indian Oil Corporation Limited, Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited and Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited.
3. #SelfiewithSapling Campaign
- Environment Minister Prakash Javadekar has launched #Selfiewith Sapling Campaign
- Wrging people to plant a sapling and post a selfie with it on the social media.
- Prakash KeshavJavadekar is an Indian politician. He is a member of the Bharatiya Janata Party and currently serving as the Minister of Environment, Forest and Climate Change and Minister of Information and Broadcasting.
1. Global Gender Equality Index
- India was ranked 95th among 129 countries in SDG Gender Equality Index.
- India has scored 56.2 out of 100.
- 1. Denmark with 89.3
- 2. Finland with 88.8
- 3. Sweden with 88.0
- In Gender Gap Index of World Economic Forum :- India’s rank: 108
2. World Environment Day
- World Environment Day is celebrated on the 5th of June every year, and is the United Nation’s principal vehicle for encouraging awareness and action for the protection of our environment.
- In 2019, China will host the global World Environment Day celebrations.
- Theme :- ‘Beat Air Pollution’.
3. Mount Etna
- Volcano Mount Etna has erupted spitting molten lava.
- Mount Etna, or Etna, is an active stratovolcano on the east coast of Sicily, Italy, in the Metropolitan City of Catania, between the cities of Messina and Catania.
- Italy: Capital – Rome || Currency – Euro || Prime minister – Giuseppe Conte || President – Sergio Mattarella
4. High Commissioner of India to The Republic of Trinidad and Tobago
- Arun Kumar Sahu has been appointed as the next High Commissioner of India to The Republic of Trinidad and Tobago
- Trinidad and Tobago:- Capital: Port of Spain || Currency: Trinidad and Tobago dollar
1. Jaguar Land Rover with BMW
- Jaguar Land Rover of Tata Motors and BMW Group are collaborating to develop Next-Gen Electric Drive Units.
- BMW AG is a German multinational company which currently produces automobiles and motorcycles, and also produced aircraft engines until 1945. The company was founded in 1916 and is headquartered in Munich, Bavaria.
- Jaguar Land Rover Automotive PLC is the holding company of Jaguar Land Rover Limited, a British multinational automotive company with its headquarters in Whitley, Coventry, United Kingdom, and a subsidiary of Indian automotive company Tata Motors.
2. Sachin Bansal with Ujjivan Small Finance Bank
- Ujjivan Small Finance Bank has appointed Sachin Bansal as its independent director.
- Sachin Bansal is an Indian technology entrepreneur and an ardent gamer. He is best known as the co-founder of Flipkart that was acquired by Walmart at $16 billion in 2018.
- Ujjivan Small Finance Bank Limited is a bank licensed under Section 22 (1) of the Banking Regulation Act, 1949 to carry out small finance bank business in India. The holding company is Ujjivan Financial Services Limited. The bank commenced operations on 1 February 2017.
- Headquarters: Bangalore, Karnataka || Founder: Samit Ghosh
3. Airports Authority of India with Boeing
- Airports Authority of India has signed an MoU with Boeing for technical assistance in the field of airspace, communication , surveillance and aircraft operations.
- The Airports Authority of India or AAI is a statutory body working under the Ministry of Civil Aviation, Government of India is responsible for creating, upgrading, maintaining and managing civil aviation infrastructure in India.
- The Boeing Company is an American multinational corporation that designs, manufactures, and sells airplanes, rotorcraft, rockets, satellites, and missiles worldwide. The company also provides leasing and product support services.
1. 2019 and 2020 FIFA Club World Cup
- Qatar will host the FIFA Club World Cup in 2019 and 2020.
- The FIFA Club World Cup is an international men’s association football competition organised by the Fédération Internationale de Football Association, the sport’s global governing body.
- The tournament officially assigns the world title. The competition was first contested in 2000 as the FIFA Club World Championship.
2. AFC Asian Cup 2023
- China will host the AFC Asian Cup 2023.
- The 2023 AFC Asian Cup will be the 18th edition of the AFC Asian Cup, the quadrennial international men’s football championship of Asia organised by the Asian Football Confederation.
- 2019 AFC Asian Cup :- Champion: Qatar national football team || Host country: United Arab Emirates