Daily Current Affairs 5 March 2020: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 5 March 2020. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 5 March 2020. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 5 March 2020 Current affairs test.
1. Janaushadhi Week
- Janaushadhi week is being celebrated across India from 1st March to 7th March.
- Pradhan Mantri BhartiyaJanaushadhiPariyojana (PMBJP) is a campaign launched by the Department of Pharmaceuticals to provide quality medicines at affordable prices to the masses. PMBJP stores have been set up to provide generic drugs, which are available at lesser prices but are equivalent in quality and efficacy as expensive branded drugs. It was launched by the Department of Pharmaceuticals in November 2008 under the name Jan Aushadi Campaign. Bureau of Pharma PSUs of India (BPPI) is the implementation agency for PMBJP
2. Lalit Kala Akademi awards
- President Ram Nath Kovind has conferred the 61st Lalit Kala Akademi awards to 15 artists at the RashtrapatiBhavan in New Delhi.
- It is awarded by the Lalit Kala Akademi, India’s National Academy of Art, it is the highest honour in the fine arts conferred by the Government of India.
- The ‘Fellow,’ carries a purse-money of Rs. 25,000/-, a citation and a plaque. The Fellow is honoured with a portfolio about their major art works.
3. Pragyan Conclave 2020
- The International Seminar of Indian Army ‘Pragyan Conclave 2020’ has begun at Manekshaw Centre, New Delhi.
- Theme: ‘Changing Characteristics of Land Warfare and its Impact on the Military’
4. Uttarakhand’s New Summer Capital
- Uttarakhand Government has announced ‘Gairsain’ to be its summer capital.
- Gairsain is a town and Nagar Panchayat in Chamoli district of the Indian state of Uttarakhand.
1. India’s next Ambassador to Turkey
- Sanjay Kumar Panda has been appointed as the India’s next Ambassador to Turkey
- President of Turkey: RecepTayyip Erdogan || Capital: Ankara || Currency: Turkish lira.
2. Coronavirus task force in US
- Indian-American health policy consultant SeemaVerma has been appointed as one of the key members of the White House Coronavirus Task Force constituted by USA.
- SeemaVerma is currently the Administrator for the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS)
3. 12 billion dollar aid package to combat Coronavirus
- World Bank has announced 12 billion dollar aid package to help countries combat Coronavirus outbreak.
- World bank: Headquarters: Washington DC || Membership: 189 countries (IBRD); 173 countries (IDA) || Founded: 1944 || President : David Malpass || MD and CFO :Anshula Kant
1. New Finance Secretary
- Ajay Bhushan Pandey has been appointed as new Finance Secretary.
- He will replace the current Finance Secretary Rajiv Kumar.
2. NABARD infuses Rs 1.46 lakh crore
- National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development has infused 1.46 lakh crore rupees in the rural banking system during the current fiscal.
- NABARD: Founded: 12 July 1982 || Headquarters: Mumbai || Agency executive: Harsh Kumar Bhanwala(Chairperson)
3. NBCC bid to acquire JaypeeInfratech
- NBCC has got approval from the NCLT to acquire debt-laden JaypeeInfratech through an insolvency process.
- NBCC (India) Limited is a blue-chip Government of India Navratna enterprise and a Central Public Sector undertaking which trades publicly in the market.
- Headquarters: India || Owner: Government of India
1. New chairman of BCCI’s selection committee
- Sunil Joshi has been appointed as the new chairman of BCCI’s selection committee.
- BCCI President: Sourav Ganguly || Headquarter of BCCI: Mumbai.