Daily Current Affairs 5 November 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 5 November 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 5 November 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 5 November 2019 Current affairs test.
1. 27th Ezhuthachan Puraskaram 2019
- Writer Anand has been selected for 27th Ezhuthachan Puraskaram 2019.
- This award is given by Kerala Sahitya Akademi Award and the Government of Kerala.
2. Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji Award
- Punjab Government has passed a resolution to constitute Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji Award for Promotion of Peace and Interfaith Understanding.
- Capital: Chandigarh || Governor: VP Singh Badnore || Chief minister: Amarinder Singh
3. Kolkata International Film Festival
- The 25th edition of Kolkata International Film Festival will start on November 8.
- Germany is the Focus Country of Kolkata International Film Festival 2019.
4. Champak Jain passes away
- Film producer Champak Jain has passed away.
- Champak Jain was an Indian film producer who produced many Hindi films. He was the owner of Venus Records & Tapes Pvt Ltd.
1. Early Career Researcher of the Year Award 2019
- Indian-origin researcher Neeraj Sharma has been awarded with ‘Early Career Researcher of the Year award’ by Government of Australia.
- Neeraj Sharma has developed a next-generation battery systems such as a sodium-ion battery that will leave a minimal environmental impact.
2. Military Exercise Dustlik-2019
- The first-ever India-Uzbekistan joint military exercise Dustlik-2019 has started at Tashkent, Uzbekistan.
- Uzbekistan: Capital: Tashkent || Currency: Uzbekistani Som.
3. Award for Corporate Excellence by USA Government
- US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo has awarded ‘Corporate Excellence Award’ to Pepsico India.
- This award is given by US Department of State’s Bureau of Economic and Business Affairs.
- PepsiCo, Inc. is an American multinational food, snack, and beverage corporation headquartered in Harrison, New York, in the hamlet of Purchase. PepsiCo has interests in the manufacturing, marketing, and distribution of grain-based snack foods, beverages, and other products.
- CEO: Ramon Laguarta || Headquarters: Purchase, Harrison, New York, United States
1. Fortune Global 500 list of 2019
- 1. Walmart USA
- 2. Sinopec Group China
- 3. Royal Dutch Shell The Netherlands
- 4. China National Petroleum China
- 5. State Grid China
- 6. Saudi Aramco Saudi Arabia
- 7. British Petroleum UK
- 8. Exxon Mobil USA
- 9. Volkswagen Germany
- 10.Toyota MotorJapan
2. Siemens with NTPC and TERI
- Siemens Limited has signed a MoU with NTPC Limited for various upstream and downstream applications.
- Siemens Limited has also drafted a MoU with TERI to support the energy transition in India
- Aim: To develop innovative technologies, solutions and techniques to reduce the dependence on Hydrocarbons in India.
- Siemens AG is a German multinational conglomerate company headquartered in Munich and the largest industrial manufacturing company in Europe with branch offices abroad.
- Headquarters: Munich, Germany || CEO: Joe Kaeser
3. National Research Institute of Unani Medicine for Skin Disorders (NRIUMSD)
- Minister of State (Independent Charge) for AYUSH Shripad Yesso Naik has inaugurated National Research Institute of Unani Medicine for Skin Disorders.
- It is upgraded from Central Research Institute of Unani Medicine (CRIUM) at Erragadda, Hyderabad.
4. Surjit Bhalla-led High-Level Advisory Group
- Surjit Bhalla-led High-Level Advisory Group has recommended to issue Elephant Bonds to recover $500 billion of black money stashed abroad.
- Elephant Bonds will be a type of government bond to those declaring undisclosed wealth, could pay 15% tax and compulsorily park 40% of the undisclosed income.
4. Qoo10 acquires ShopClues
- Singapore-based e-commerce platform Qoo10 has acquired Indian e-commerce ShopClues in all-stock deal.
- ShopClues is an online marketplace owned by Clues Network Pvt. Ltd. It was established in July 2011 in Silicon Valley by Sanjay Sethi, Sandeep Aggarwal and Radhika Aggarwal.
- CEO: Sanjay Sethi || Headquarters location: Gurugram
1. 2020 Olympics Athlete Ambassadors Group
- Boxer Mary Kom has been named under 2020 Olympics Athlete Ambassadors Group of International Olympic Committee.
- The 2020 Summer Olympics, officially known as the Games of the XXXII Olympiad and commonly known as Tokyo 2020, is an upcoming international multi-sport event that is scheduled to take place from 24 July to 9 August 2020 in Tokyo, Japan, with preliminary events in some sports beginning on 22 July.
- The International Olympic Committee is a non-governmental sports organisation based in Lausanne, Switzerland. Created by Pierre de Coubertin and Demetrios Vikelas in 1894, it is the authority responsible for organising the modern Summer and Winter Olympic Games.
- Headquarters: Lausanne, Switzerland || President: Thomas Bach || Honorary President: Jacques Rogge || Founded: 23 June 1894, Paris, France || Director General: Christophe De Kepper || Founders: Pierre de Coubertin, Demetrius Vikelas
2. Korea Jr Open Title 2019
- Maisnam MeirabaLuwang of India has clinched men’s singles U-19 title at the Woncheon Yonex Korea Junior Open Badminton International Challenge 2019
- Sathish Kumar Karunakaran has won bronze medal in the same category.
3. Rugby World Cup 2019
- South Africa has defeated England in the final of Rugby World Cup 2019.
- The 9 edition of Rugby World Cup 2019 was held at International Stadium, Yokohama, Japan.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,5 November
- Daily Current Affairs: November 1
- Daily Current Affairs: November 2
- Daily Current Affairs: November 3
- Daily Current Affairs: November 4
- Daily Current Affairs: November 5
- Daily Current Affairs: November 6
- Daily Current Affairs: November 7
- Daily Current Affairs: November 8
- Daily Current Affairs: November 9
- Daily Current Affairs: November 10
- Daily Current Affairs: November 11
- Daily Current Affairs: November 12
- Daily Current Affairs: November 13
- Daily Current Affairs: November 14
- Daily Current Affairs: November 15
- Daily Current Affairs: November 16
- Daily Current Affairs: November 17
- Daily Current Affairs: November 18
- Daily Current Affairs: November 19
- Daily Current Affairs: November 20
- Daily Current Affairs: November 21
- Daily Current Affairs: November 22
- Daily Current Affairs: November 23
- Daily Current Affairs: November 24
- Daily Current Affairs: November 25
- Daily Current Affairs: November 26
- Daily Current Affairs: November 27
- Daily Current Affairs: November 28
- Daily Current Affairs: November 29
- Daily Current Affairs: November 30