Daily Current Affairs 5 October 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 5 October 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 5 October 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 5 October 2019 Current affairs test.
1. DefExpo Event
- The 11th DefExpo Event is scheduled to be held for the first time in Lucknow in February 2020.
- Defence Exhibition Organisation is an autonomous organisation of the Indian Government established in 1981.
- The organisation was established to promote export potential of the Indian defence industry. The agency is responsible for organising international exhibitions such as DEFEXPO and Indian participation at overseas exhibitions.
2. Policy on Pneumoconiosis
- Rajasthan has become first Indian state to launch policy on Pneumoconiosis.
- Pneumoconiosis is a disease of the lungs due to inhalation of dust, characterized by inflammation, coughing, and fibrosis.
3. Goa Maritime Conclave
- Goa Maritime Conclave started in Goa with National Security Advisor Ajit Doval as the chief guest for the inaugural event.
- Theme: ‘Common Maritime Priorities in Indian ocean Region and need for Reginal Maritime Security’.
4. HL Trivedi passes away
- Noted Nephrologist and Padma Shri Awardee HL Trivedi has passed away.
- Hargovind Laxmishanker Trivedi, better known as H. L. Trivedi, was an Indian nephrologist, immunologist, transplantation medicine and stem cell researcher. He was a pioneer of transplantation medicine in India and a founding director of the Kidney Hospital in Ahmedabad.
1. WEF Annual Meeting for 2020
- The 50th edition of WEF Annual Meeting for 2020 to be held in Davos-Klosters, Switzerland.
- WEF: Motto: Committed to improving the state of the world || Founded: January 1971 || Headquarters: Cologny, Switzerland
2. World Teachers’ Day
- World Teachers’ Day, also known as International Teachers Day, is an international day held annually on October 5 by UNESCO.
- Theme: ‘Young Teachers: The future of the Profession’.
3. World Animal Day
- World Animal Day is an international day of action for animal rights and welfare celebrated annually on October 4, the feast day of Francis of Assisi, the patron saint of animals.
- This day has evolved into a day to honor all the animals of the world through raising awareness in whichever way possible. The mission of World Animal Day is to: Animals are amazing and wonderful creatures.
4. World Space Week
- World Space Week is an annual holiday observed from 4 to 10 October in various parts of the world, including Europe and Asia. World Space Week is officially defined as “an international celebration of science and technology, and their contribution to the betterment of the human condition”.
- Theme: ‘The Moon: Gateway to the Stars’.
1. Emissions Trading Scheme (ETS)
- Gujarat Government has launched India’s first ‘Emissions Trading Scheme (ETS)’ to combat particulate air pollution in Surat.
- Emissions Trading Scheme (ETS) is an initiative of Gujarat Pollution Control Board.
- Gujarat: Capital: Gandhinagar || Governor: Acharya Devvrat || Chief minister: Vijay Rupani
2. DHFL’s New CEO
- Vaijinath M. Gavarshetty has been appointed as DHFL’s New CEO and key managerial personnel.
- Dewan Housing Finance Corporation Ltd. is a deposit-taking housing finance company, headquartered in Mumbai with branches in major cities across India. DHFL was established to enable access to affordable housing finance to the lower and middle income groups in semi-urban and rural parts of India.
- Parent organization: Wadhawan Global Capital || Headquarters: India
3. Windows 10X
- Microsoft has launched a new version of the Windows 10 operating system, Windows 10X
- Windows 10X is a new edition of Windows 10 designed for dual-screen devices like Microsoft’s upcoming Surface Neo, which will be available for the 2020 holiday season next year. It offers a customized interface for these devices.
- Microsoft Corporation is an American multinational technology company with headquarters in Redmond, Washington. It develops, manufactures, licenses, supports, and sells computer software, consumer electronics, personal computers, and related services.
- CEO: Satya Nadella || Headquarters: Redmond, Washington, United States || Founders: Bill Gates, Paul Allen
1. FIFA bans Eugenio Figueredo
- FIFA has banned former CONMEBOL President Eugenio Figueredo for lifetime.
- The South American Football Confederation is the continental governing body of football in South America, and it is one of FIFA’s six continental confederations. The oldest continental confederation in the world, its headquarters are located in Luque, Paraguay, near Asunción.
- President: Alejandro Dominguez || Abbreviation: CONMEBOL; CSF || Headquarters: Luque, Paraguay || Membership: 10 member associations || Founded: 9 July 1916, Buenos Aires, Argentina
2. President of Marylebone Cricket Club (MCC)
- Former Sri Lanka captain Kumar Sangakkara took charge as the President of Marylebone Cricket Club (MCC).
- Marylebone Cricket Club is a cricket club founded in 1787 and based since 1814 at Lord’s Cricket Ground, which it owns, in St John’s Wood, London, England. The club was formerly the governing body of cricket in England and Wales and, as the sport’s legislator, held considerable global influence.
- MCC: Ground: Lord’s Cricket Ground || CEO: Derek Brewer || Headquarters location: London, United Kingdom
3. FIDE 2019 rankings
- Indian women chess player Koneru Humpy is ranked world no 3 in FIDE 2019 rankings.
- She recently won FIDE Women’s Grand Prix tournament 2019 held in Skolkovo in Russia.
4. Standard Top 100 Players October 2019
- 1. Magnus Carlsen with 2,876 points.
- 2. Fabiano Caruana
- 3. Liren Ding
- India’s five-time world champion Viswanathan Anand was ranked ninth with 2,765 points.
- Daily Current Affairs: October 1
- Daily Current Affairs: October 2
- Daily Current Affairs: October 3
- Daily Current Affairs: October 4
- Daily Current Affairs: October 5
- Daily Current Affairs: October 6
- Daily Current Affairs: October 7
- Daily Current Affairs: October 8
- Daily Current Affairs: October 9
- Daily Current Affairs: October 10
- Daily Current Affairs: October 11
- Daily Current Affairs: October 12
- Daily Current Affairs: October 13
- Daily Current Affairs: October 14
- Daily Current Affairs: October 15
- Daily Current Affairs: October 16
- Daily Current Affairs: October 17
- Daily Current Affairs: October 18
- Daily Current Affairs: October 19
- Daily Current Affairs: October 20
- Daily Current Affairs: October 21
- Daily Current Affairs: October 22
- Daily Current Affairs: October 23
- Daily Current Affairs: October 24
- Daily Current Affairs: October 25
- Daily Current Affairs: October 26
- Daily Current Affairs: October 27
- Daily Current Affairs: October 28
- Daily Current Affairs: October 29
- Daily Current Affairs: October 30
- Daily Current Affairs: October 31