Daily Current Affairs 5 August 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 5 August 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 5 August 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 5 August 2018 Current affairs test.
1. India’s first Block chain district
- Telangana State Information Technology, Electronics and Communication department signed a MoU with Tech Mahindra to launch India’s first Block chain district.
- Tech Mahindra Limited is an Indian multinational provider of information technology, networking technology solutions and Business Process Outsourcing to various industry verticals and horizontals.
2. Shaur nahin App
- Himachal Pradesh CM Jai Ram Thakur launched ‘Shaur Nahin’ App.
- The aim is to stop unnecessary noise pollution.
3. Swachha Meva Jayate initiative
- Karnataka government initiated ‘Swachha Meva Jayate’ campaign.
- The logo of the campaign is “a little boy and a little girl standing in front of the map of Karnataka”.
1. International Contributions Award
- K. Anvar Sadath became first Indian to win the International Contributions Award.
- This award is presented by the Association for Educational Communications and Technology (AECT), USA.
2. Sunita Williams to be a part of NASA Program
- Sunita Williams is among the 9 astronauts by NASA for the 1st spaceflight programme developed by SpaceX and Boeing.
- Sunita Pandya Williams is an American astronaut and United States Navy officer of Indo-Slovenian descent. She formerly held the records for total spacewalks by a woman and most spacewalk time for a woman.
3. US to invest in Indo-Pacific region
- US will invest $300 million in Indo-Pacific region.
- The aim is to boost energy projects, infrastructure, and maritime security.
1. State Investment Potential Index
- Delhi topped the State Investment Potential Index by economic think-tank National Council of Applied Economic Research (NCAER) and also replaced Gujarat.
- Assam, Jharkhand and Bihar are ranked at the bottom of the Index.
2. HDFC Life Insurance and Vijaya Bank Bancassurance Pact
- HDFC Life Insurance and Vijaya Bank signed an MoU to sell the insurer’s products through branches of Vijaya Bank.
- Vijaya Bank:- MD CEO: Sankara Narayanan.Headquarters: Bengaluru.
3. Fugitive Economic Offenders Bill 2018
- President Kovind gave assent to the Fugitive Economic Offenders Bill, 2018.
- This bill enables authorities to attach and confiscate properties and assets of the offenders who escape from India.
1. Sindhu won silver at World Championships
- She lost 19-21, 10-21 to Carolina Marin in the final.
- Carolina Marin is a Spanish professional badminton player. She is the reigning Olympic Champion, three-time World Champion, four-time European Champion and the World’s No. 1 in BWF rankings for the women’s singles.
2. Kohli becomes number one in Test Cricket
- Kohli ended Australia’s Steve Smith’s 32-month reign in the Test rankings.
- The 28-year-old is the seventh Indian batsman overall and first since Sachin Tendulkar in 2011 to top the ICC rankings.
3. FA Community Shield
- Man City beat Chelsea and won Community Shield for the 5th time.
- Manchester City Football Club is a football club based in Beswick, east Manchester, England. Founded in 1880 as St. Mark’s, it became Ardwick Association Football Club in 1887 and Manchester City in 1894.