Daily Current Affairs 5 December 2017: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 5 December 2017. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 5 December 2017. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 5 December 2017 Current affairs test.
1. 40% child kidnapping victims in Delhi are 12-16 yrs old
- A total of 6,254 children were kidnapped or abducted from Delhi during 2016.
- Of these, 3,575 were girls and 2,679 were boys.
2. SC fixes Ayodhya dispute matter for further hearing on Feb 8
- This comes a day ahead of the Babri Masjid demolition’s 25th anniversary.
- Lawyers representing the Sunni Waqf board requested the court to take up the matter in July 2019 after General elections.
3. UP CM announces Rs.5 cr assistance for Ockhi-hit areas
- UP CM Yogi Adithyanath made a contribution of Rs.5 cr from the CM Distress Relief Fund towards PM’s National Relief Fund for Cyclone Ockhi-hit states in the country.
- Meanwhile, PM Modi assured that he was continuously monitoring the situation in various parts of the country.
1. China stops funding 3 CPEC projects in Pak over fraud
- The projects are a part of the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor.
- Officials said the funds would be released after China issues new guidelines.
- The decision could affect Pakistan’s road projects worth over Rs.60,000 crore.
2. US, South Korea begin largest-ever joint air drill
- The 5-day drill which involves 230 aircraft and thousands of troops comes days after N Korea test-fired its highest ICBM.
- N Korea has accused the US of “begging for nuclear war” by staging the exercise.
3. Syrian boy wins Children’s Peace Prize
- A teenage Syrian refugee won a prestigious international prize for building a school and providing an education to hundreds of children who fled to Lebanon to escape the conflict.
- Mohamed Al Jounde was just 12 years old when he decided to set up a school in the Bekaa Valley refugee camp
- Previous winners of the award, launched in 2005 by the Dutch KidsRights Foundation, include Malala Yousafzai, the youngest recipient of the Nobel Peace Prize
4.US Supreme Court allows full enforcement of Trump travel ban
- The Supreme Court is allowing the Trump administration to fully enforce a ban on travel to the United States by residents of six mostly Muslim countries.
- The ban applies to travellers from Chad, Iran, Libya, Somalia, Syria and Yemen.
- This is the first time justices have allowed any edition of the ban to go forward in its entirety.
1. Ramdev’s Patanjali to diversify into solar power business
- Patanjali Ayurved has announced plans to invest Rs.100 crore to manufacture solar power equipment.
- Earlier, Patanjali acquired Advance Navigation and Solar Technologies, a manufacture of navigation and equipment.
2. Aerospace startup Boom raises $10mn for supersonic jets
- Boom Technology has raised $10 mn from Japan Airlines to build supersonic passenger jets.
- Boom intends to build aircrafts that can fly 2.2 times the speed of sound in comparison to nearly 1,050 kmph speed of conventional airplanes.
3.Google invests in Bengaluru hyper local startup Dunzo
- Google has made its first direct investment in an Indian startup, picking up a minority stake in hyper-local concierge and delivery player Dunzo.
- The investment is part of Google’s Next Billion Users (NBU) push and will see the company lead a $10-12 million round
4. Fitch cuts full-year growth forecast to 6.7%
- Fitch Ratings has reduced the growth forecast for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2018, to 6.7 per cent from 6.9 per cent.
- According to the agency, growth has repeatedly been disappointing in recent quarters, although this has partly reflected one-off factors, including the demonetisation programme of November 2016, and disruptions related to the implementation of GST in July 2017.
1. Kohli 1st Indian to hit 600+ runs in 3 different Test series
- He scored 610 against Sri Lanka, 692 against Australia(2014/15) and 655 against England(2016).
- Meanwhile, Kohli’s 293 runs in Delhi Test are the most by an Indian captain in a Test.
2. Yuvraj Singh passes fitness test
- He said he earlier failed three fitness tests but passed one recently.
- Yuvraj claimed he aims to play till 2019 and will take a call after that.