Daily Current Affairs 5 December 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 5 December 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 5 December 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 5 December 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Kandhamal Haldi (GI Tag)
- Odisha’s Kandhamal Haldi (turmeric) is likely to receive GI tag.
- The WTO Agreement on Trade-Related Aspects of Intellectual Property Rights (“TRIPS”) defines “geographical indications” as indications that identify a good as “originating in the territory of a Member, or a region or locality in that territory, where a given quality, reputation or other characteristic of the good.
2. Permanent Chairman of the Chiefs of Staff Committee (PCCoSC)
- All three services(Army, Air force and Navy) have agreed on the appointment of a Permanent Chairman of the Chiefs of Staff Committee.
- The PCCoSC is envisaged as a single-point military adviser to the government.
3. Ayodhya-Janakpur twin cities
- Uttar Pradesh with Nepal Govt. signed an MOU to declare Ayodhya and Janakpur as twin cities.
- Janakpur is the birth place of Sita, Wife of Lord Ram.
4. International conference on bears
- International conference on Bears has started in Agra, UP.
- It is organised by ‘Wildlife SOS’ in collaboration with Bear Care Group from the US and Canada.
- Wildlife SOS is a conservation non-profit in India, established in 1995 with the primary objective of rescuing and rehabilitating wildlife in distress in the country, and preserving India’s natural heritage. It is currently one of the largest Wildlife Organisations in South Asia.
1. World Soil Day
- World Soil Day is celebrated annually on December 5th by Food and Agriculture Organization.
- The theme is calling on people to #StopSoilPollution.
- The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger. Serving both developed and developing countries, FAO acts as a neutral forum where all nations meet as equals to negotiate arguments and debate policy.
2. Gandhi-Zayed Digital Museum
- Foreign Minister Sushma Swaraj has inaugurated the Gandhi-Zayed Digital Museum in Abu Dhabi, UAE.
- The 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi with Sheikh Zayed (The Founder of UAE)
3. Mangdechhu Hydropower Project
- India will commission the 750 megawatt Mangdechhu hydropower project in Bhutan.
- This Project will be developed by Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd.
4. Admiral Cup Sailing Regatta 2018
- The 9th edition of the Admiral’s Cup Sailing Regatta is being held at Indian Naval Academy Ezhimala in Kerala.
- 32 teams, including 30 from foreign countries.
- Admiral’s Cup Sailing Regatta is the biggest military sailing competitive event in the world (in number of participating countries).
1. SpaceX to launch India’s first privately built satellite
- SpaceX has launched India’s first privately built satellite ‘ExseedSAT 1’ on Falcon 9 with 63 other payloads.
- ExseedSAT 1 was developed by the Mumbai based Start-up Exseedspace.
2. Swapna Barman as brand ambassador for YONO
- Swapna Barman is the brand ambassador for YONO App.
- YONO is an integrated digital banking platform offered by State Bank of India to enable users to access a variety of financial and other services such as taxi bookings, online shopping, or medical bill payments. YONO is offered as a smartphone app for both Android and iOS.
- Swapna Barman is an Indian heptathlete. She won the gold medal at 2018 Asian Games and was placed first in the Heptathlon at the 2017 Asian Athletics Championships. She is supported by the GoSports Foundation through the Rahul Dravid Athlete Mentorship Programme.
3. India’s heaviest communication satellite GSAT-11
- India’s heaviest communication satellite GSAT-11 has been launched from Spaceport in French Guiana.
- GSAT-11 will boost the broadband connectivity to rural and inaccessible Gram Panchayats in the country coming under the Bharat Net Project, which is part of Digital India Programme.
4. Global Agriculture and Food Summit 2018
- Global Agriculture and Food Summit 2018 has started in Ranchi, Jharkhand.
- It was inaugurated by Agriculture Minister Radha Mohan Singh.
1. World youth (u-16) chess Olympiad
- India has won silver medal in the World youth chess Olympiad at Konya, Turkey.
- Uzebikstan has won Gold Medal in that.
2. India’s first international medal in Ultra-running
- Ullas Narayan has won bronze in the 2018 International Association of Ultra Running 24 Hour Asia & Oceania Championships held in Taipei city, Taiwan.
- He has become the first Indian medal winner in an international Ultra-running event.
3. International Association of Athletics Federations
- IAAF has appointed Jon Ridgeon as its new CEO after approval from the IAAF Council.
- The International Association of Athletics Federations is the international governing body for the sport of athletics. It was founded on 17 July 1912 as the International Amateur Athletic Federation by representatives from 17 national athletics federations at the organization’s first congress in Stockholm, Sweden.