Daily Current Affairs 5 February 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 5 February 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 5 February 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 5 February 2018 Current affairs test.
1.A new wildlife sanctuary has been approved by Maharashtra government.
- A new wildlife sanctuary at Ghodazari in Chandrapur has been approved by the Maharashtra government.
- This sanctuary, in the north east of Tadoba, will include 159 sq.km. of Brahmapuri forest. This will not only save the forest but will also improve tourism in nearly 40 villages in the area.
2.First ever International Kala Mela has been inaugurated in New Delhi.
- The first ever International Kala Mela was inaugurated by the Vice President Venkaiah Naidu in New Delhi.
- The International Kala Mela has been organized by the Lalit Kala Akademi in partnership with IGNCA of the Ministry of Culture.
3.Taj Mahotsav to start with drama on Ram this year.
- This year’s ‘Taj Mahotsav’ will start with a dance-drama based on Ram instead of the usual theme on Mughal culture.
- This move has led to the state govt of UP being accused of ignoring the Mughal history.
1.Head of State of N Korea will visit S Korea for Olympics.
- Ceremonial head of N Korea Kim Yong Nam will visit S Korea for the upcoming Winter Olympics Games.
- This comes as inter-Korean relations improved after N Korea announced to send a 22-member delegation to the Games.
2.11 soldiers have been killed in Taliban attack in Pakistan.
- In a suicide bomber attack in Pakistan’s Swat Valley, at least 11 soldiers were killed and 13 others were injured.
- The attack was claimed by the militant group Tehrik-i-Taliban.
3.Victory of Boko Haram declared by Nigeria.
- The Nigerian army has declared victory over the Boko Haram militant group after capturing the militant’s stronghold Camp Zairo under counter-insurgency operation DEEP PUNCH II.
- Boko Haram began insurgency in the northeast Nigeria in 2009 in its attempt to create an Islamic state in the region.
4.YouTube channel of Pak Govt has been suspended over copyright issue.
- The official YouTube Channel of the Pakistan Government was temporarily suspended over claims of copyright infringement.
- A local YouTuber accused the government of using some of his footage withput his permission .
1.Singtel to invest in Airtel’s parent firm.
- Singapore Telecommunications(Singtel) has said that it will invest Rs 2,649 crores in Airtel’s holding company Bharti Telecom.
- After having this investment, Singtel’s total stake will increase from 47.17% to 48.9% while Bharti Enterprises will continue to hold over 50% in Bharti Telecom.
2.RBI sending alerts regarding Rs 10 coins.
- The Reserve Bank of India is sending alerts to people busting rumours regarding Rs10 coins that are doing the rounds in markets.
- The alert message from RBI read, “Rs10 coins have been issued both with rupee symbol and without it. Both are valid. Accept them without dear.”
3.LTCG tax not responsible for falling markets: Fianance Secretary Adhia.
- Hasmukh Adhia, Finance Secretary, has said that Indian markets are down due to weak global sentiment and not because of the new LTCG tax.
- The govt has proposed 10% LTCG tax on equity gains of more than Rs1 lakh in the budget.
4.Efforts are going on to raise share of exports in GDP to 20%: Govt.
- Suresh Prabhu, Commerce Minister, has said that the government will develop a strategy to increase the share of exports in GDP to 20%.
- In the Union Budget 2018, Finance Minister Arun Jaitley has said that the country’s exports are likely to expand by around 15% this fiscal.
1.Indian Golfer won European Tour title in Malaysia.
- Shubhankar Sharma, Indian Golfer, won at the Maybank Championship in Malaysia for his second European Tour title.
- Sharma also has won his maiden title at the Joburg Open in December last year.
2.A Galaxy is named after Football player Ronaldo.
- A galaxy, Cosmos Redshift 7, is named after five times Ballon d’Or winner Cristiano Ronaldo, who is known as CR7.
- Ronaldo also has an airport named after him.
3.Harmanpreet and Bumrah have been named in Forbes India 30 under 30 list.
- Indian cricketers Jasprit Bumrah and Harmanpreet Kaur have been named in Forbes India 30 under 30 achievers list.
- Bumrah finished 2017 as the third highest ODI wicket taker while Harmanpreet scored 171* against Australia in 2017 WC, the fourth highest individual score in Women’s WC history.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz, 5 February