Daily Current Affairs 5 February 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 5 February 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 5 February 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 5 February 2019 Current affairs test.
1. ASEAN-India Youth Summit
- Assam Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal has inaugurated the 2nd edition of ASEAN-India Youth Summit in Guwahati.
- The Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) was formed in 1967 by Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore, and Thailand to promote political and economic cooperation and regional stability.
2. 10% reservation Bill
- Constitution (124th Amendment) Bill, 2019 was approved by President Ram Nath Kovind on January 12.
- Maharashtra has become the 7th state to approve the implementation of the bill.
3. Surajkund International Crafts Mela 2019
- Maharashtra CM Devendra Fadnavis has inaugurated the 33rd Surajkund International Crafts Mela 2019 at Faridabad, Haryana.
- Maharashtra is the Theme State for the year 2019.
1. Tulsi Gabbard
- Tulsi Gabbard has officially launched her 2020 presidential campaign in the US state of Hawaii, where she has served as a congresswoman since 2013.
- Tulsi Gabbard is the 1st-ever Hindu elected to the US Congress
2. ‘Prince of Monaco’ in India
- The Head of State of Monaco, Prince Albert II has arrived in New Delhi to attend ‘India-Monaco Business Forum’.
- Albert II is the reigning monarch of the Principality of Monaco and head of the princely house of Grimaldi. He is the son of Prince Rainier III and the American actress Grace Kelly. Prince Albert’s sisters are Caroline, Princess of Hanover, and Princess Stéphanie.
3. El Salvador’s Presidential Election
- Former mayor Nayib Bukele has won El Salvador’s Presidential Election.
- He will assume the chair of president on June 1 ,2019.
4. Global Internet Usage Index
- 1. Philippines with an average of 10 hours and 2 minutes per day.
- 2. Brazil
- 3. Thailand
- India is recorded an average daily internet use of nearly eight hours.
- The worldwide average usage is over six hours.
1. New Corporation Bank MD
- PV Bharathi has been appointed as the Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of the Corporation Bank.
- Corporation Bank is a public-sector banking company headquartered in Mangalore, India. The bank has a pan-Indian presence. Presently, the bank has a network of 2,600 fully automated CBS branches.
2. CIMA Awards
- Shashikant Patil from Maharashtra has been declared winner of the CIMA Award for his painting installation ‘Transformation’.
- The CIMA Award will be biennially awarded to recognize excellence in visual art and discover genuine talent in India, especially beyond the citie.
- The CIMA Award will cover paintings, sculptures, graphics and emerging new media such as video art, installations, graphic novel, digital art.
3. Udyanotsav of the Mughal Gardens
- President Kovind has inaugurated the annual Udyanotsav of the Mughal Gardens of Rashtrapati Bhavan.
- Rashtrapati Bhavan is the official home of the president located at the Western end of Rajpath in New Delhi, India. Rashtrapati Bhavan may refer to only the 340-room main building that has the president’s official residence.
- It is the largest residence of any head of state in the world.
- Architect :- Edwin Lutyens
4. Swiggy’s New Acquisation
- Swiggy has acquired ‘Kint.io’, a Bengaluru based Artificial Intelligence start-up.
- Bundl Technologies Private Limited operates Swiggy, a food ordering and delivery platform.
- Bundl Technologies Private Limited was incorporated in 2013 and is based in Bengaluru, India.
1. First Asian woman to play 100 T20Is
- Pakistani Cricketer Sana Mir has become the first Asian woman to play hundred T20Is.
- Sana Mir is a cricketer and the Former Captain of the Pakistan national women’s cricket team in ODIs and T20Is. In October 2018, she became the first Pakistani women cricketer to rank number 1 in ICC ODI bowler ranking. She has led Pakistan to two Gold medals in Asian Games 2010 and 2014.
2. Seattle Open title
- Indian squash player Ramit Tandon has won the Seattle Open
- He defeated Egyptian Mohamed El Sherbini in the finals.
3. Galaxy is named after Cristiano Ronaldo
- Cosmos Redshift 7 or CR7 is named after five-time Ballon d’Or winner Cristiano Ronaldo.
- Cosmos Redshift 7 or CR7 is a galaxy 12.9 billion light-years away from the Earth.