Daily Current Affairs 5 July 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 5 July 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 5 July 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 5 July 2019 Current affairs test.
1. National Film Heritage Mission
- Minister of Information and Broadcasting, Prakash Javadekar has reviewed National Film Heritage Mission.
- National Film Heritage Mission has implemented in National Film Archive of India (NFAI), Pune in the year 2017.
- Aim:- For preservation, conservation, digitization and restoration of cinematic heritage.
2. Union Budget 2019-20
- India’s first full-time woman Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman has presented the maiden budget of Narendra Modi 2.0
- Over 81 lakh houses at the investment of Rs 4.83 lakh crore.
- Zero-Budget Farming: Zero budget farming is a set of farming methods that involve zero credit for agriculture and no use of chemical fertilisers.
- 100% Electricity by 2022.
- Minimum public shareholding in listed companies may be increased from 25% to 35%.
- Rs. 50 lakh crore investment for Railway infrastructure between 2018 and 2030.
- PM Karam Yogi Maan Dhan scheme: Pension benefits to 3 crore retail traders and shopkeepers who have a revenue of less than Rs 1.5 crore.
3. Basant Kumar Birla passes away
- Basant Kumar Birla was an Indian businessman of the Birla family.
- He was chairman of the Krishnarpan Charity Trust, BK Birla Institute of Engineering & Technology and various educational trusts and institutes.
4. Delhi Police with Solar Energy Corporation of India
- Delhi Police has signed a MoU with Solar Energy Corporation of India for Rooftop Solar Energy Systems.
- Solar Energy Corporation of India Ltd. is a company of the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy, Government of India, established to facilitate the implementation of the National Solar Mission. It is the only Central Public Sector Undertaking dedicated to the solar energy sector.
- Parent organization: Ministry of New and Renewable Energy || Headquarters: New Delhi || Founded: 9 September 2011 || Area served: India || Key person: Anand Kumar
1. European Parliament
- David Sassoli has been elected as the President Of European Parliament.
- Mairead McGuinness has been elected as the Vice-President of European Parliament.
2. Head of European Central Bank
- Christine Lagarde was nominated to head the European Central Bank.
- The European Central Bank is the central bank for the euro and administers monetary policy within the Eurozone, which comprises 19 member states of the European Union and is one of the largest monetary areas in the world.
- Headquarters: Frankfurt, Germany || Currency: Euro || Founder: European Communities
3. Interim Managing Director of IMF
- International Monetary Fund has appointed American Economist David Lipton as its Interim Managing Directors.
- International Monetary Fund is an international organization headquartered in Washington DC, consisting of 189 countries working to foster global monetary cooperation, secure financial stability.
- Headquarters: Washington DC.
- Chief Economist: Gita Gopinath || Headquartered in Washington DC.
4. 2019 Global Excellence Award
- The 2019 Global Excellence Award of US-India Strategic Partnership Forum has been awarded.
- Wipro’s Chairman, Azim Premji
- Mastercard’s CEO and President, Ajaypal Singh Banga
1. Artificial Intelligence Global Conference
- Shanghai will host 2nd edition of Artificial Intelligence Global Conference in August 2019.
- Shanghai on China’s central coast is the country’s biggest city and a Global Financial Hub.
2. New Space India Ltd
- New Space India Ltd. is incorporated as a new commercial arm of Department of Space.
- It is with a aim to tap the benefits of the Research and Development carried out by ISRO.
- The Company will spearhead commercialization of various space products including production of launch vehicles, transfer to technologies and marketing of space products.
3. DD channel for start-ups
- Government has inducted a proposal to start a channel within the DD bouquet of channels exclusively for start-ups.
- Doordarshan is an autonomous public service broadcaster founded by the Government of India, owned by the Broadcasting Ministry of India and one of PrasarBharati’s two divisions. One of India’s largest broadcasting organisations in studio and transmitter infrastructure, it was established on 15 September 1959.
- Motto: Satyam Shivam Sundaram || Founder: Government of India || Founded: 15 September 1959, Delhi || Parent organization: Prasar Bharati
4. Tata Tele’s Consumer Mobile Business
- Bharti Airtel has completed its merger with Tata Teleservices Limited.
- Bharti Airtel Limited also known as Airtel is an Indian global telecommunications services company based in Delhi, India. It operates in 18 countries across South Asia and Africa, and also in the Channel Islands.
- Bharti Airtel: Headquarters: New Delhi || CEO: Gopal Vittal
1. Poznan Athletics Grand Prix
- Poznan Athletics Grand Prix was held in Poland.
- Sprinter Hima Das has won women’s 200m Gold Medal.
- Tajinder Pal Singh has won Bronze Medal in Shotput Event.
- Sprinter Muhammed Anas has won men’s 200m bronze medal.
2. Chelsea’s New Manager
- Chelsea FC has appointed Frank Lampard as a new manager on a 3-year deal.
- Frank Lampard is an English professional football coach and former player who is the current manager of Premier League club Chelsea.
- The Premier League is the top level of the English football league system. Contested by 20 clubs, it operates on a system of promotion and relegation with the English Football League. The Premier League is a corporation in which the member clubs act as shareholders.
- Daily Current Affairs: July 1
- Daily Current Affairs: July 2
- Daily Current Affairs: July 3
- Daily Current Affairs: July 4
- Daily Current Affairs: July 5
- Daily Current Affairs: July 6
- Daily Current Affairs: July 7
- Daily Current Affairs: July 8
- Daily Current Affairs: July 9
- Daily Current Affairs: July 10
- Daily Current Affairs: July 11
- Daily Current Affairs: July 12
- Daily Current Affairs: July 13
- Daily Current Affairs: July 14
- Daily Current Affairs: July 15
- Daily Current Affairs: July 16
- Daily Current Affairs: July 17
- Daily Current Affairs: July 18
- Daily Current Affairs: July 19
- Daily Current Affairs: July 20
- Daily Current Affairs: July 21
- Daily Current Affairs: July 22
- Daily Current Affairs: July 23
- Daily Current Affairs: July 24
- Daily Current Affairs: July 25
- Daily Current Affairs: July 26
- Daily Current Affairs: July 27
- Daily Current Affairs: July 28
- Daily Current Affairs: July 29
- Daily Current Affairs: July 30
- Daily Current Affairs: July 31