Daily Current Affairs 5 June 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 5 June 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 5 June 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 5 June 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Special ambulance service for infants
- Gujarat announces the service under Neonatal ambulance service project for inter-hospital transfer.
- The service will be linked to ‘108’.
2. TN announces plastic ban from 2019
- CM Edappadi Palaniswami announced the ban on the occasion of Environment Day.
- Milk and oil pouches will be exempted from the ban.
3. IISc develops ‘LifeBox’
- ’LifeBox’ can extend the preservation time of organs and allows for increased travel time and distances.
- Transportation using drones can reduce 50% time when compared to green corridors.
1. World Environment Day observed on June 5
- The theme for 2018 is ‘Beat Plastic Pollution’.
- It is hosted by India this year.
2. IAF chief to visit Brazil
- BS Dhanoa will explore possibilities of deeper defence cooperation between India and Brazil.
- It will enable engagement in productive exchanges between the two air forces.
3. UN asks US to halt separating migrant children and parents
- US is separating migrant children from their parents at the southern border.
- UN said it’s deeply concerned about US’ zero tolerance policy on illegal immigration.
1. Financial Literacy Week
- The RBI has chosen ‘customer protection’ as the theme for the week.
- Bankers, Financial Literacy Counsellors and other stakeholders are participating to create awareness about good financial practices.
2. Foreign Portfolio Investment outflow hits 18-month high
- Foreign investors pulled out Rs.29,714 cr in May.
- This comes after an outflow of Rs.15,561 cr from the capital markets in April.
3. Apple shares hit record
- This comes on the 1st day of Apple’s 5-day Worldwide Developers Conference.
- The stock rose 0.84% bringing market capitalisation to $943 bn.
1. India beats Kenya in the football match
- Indian team registered a 3-0 win against Kenya.
- It was captain Sunil Chhetri’s 100th International Match.
2. Nadal heads to French Open Quarters
- Rafael Nadal defeated Maximilian Marterer to register his 900th career win.
- He will face Diego Schwartzman in the quarter finals.