Daily Current Affairs 5 March 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 5 March 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 5 March 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 5 March 2018 Current affairs test.
1.“Namaste Shalom” magazine on India-Israel relations launched.
- Dr. Jitendra Singh, the Union Minister of State of the Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region, launched the social media of “Namaste Shalom”, a magazine on India-Israel relations.
- The magazine is edited by former MP Tarun Vijay.
2.‘Arogya Karnataka’ healthcare scheme unveiled by Karnataka.
- Karnataka CM Siddaramaiah unveiled ‘Arogya Karnataka’ aimed at benefitting about 1.43 crore households in the state.
- Through the scheme, all the BPL households will get free treatment at government hospitals while for APL households, the state will bear about 30% of the treatment cost.
3.‘KHUSHI’ scheme launched by Odisha.
- ‘KHUSHI’ scheme was launched by the Odisha Government to provide free sanitary napkins to school girls across the state.
- Under this scheme, the state will provide free sanitary napkins to 17 lakh girls studying in classes 6-12 in government and government-aided schools.
1.Three MoUs signed between India and Vietnam.
- India and Vietnam inked three agreements in the areas of trade, agriculture and atomic energy.
- The countries have signed an MoU on economic and trade cooperation to establish a framework for enhancing economic and trade promotion.
2.India’s shares rises while Pak loses 50% Afghan market shares.
- According to the Pakistan-Afghanistan Joint Chamber of Commerce and Industry(PAJCCI), Pakistan has lost 50% market share in Afghanistan in the last two years while India and China shares have been rising.
- India’s market share has been rising in Afghanistan due to its export of products at subsidized rates.
3.US likely to spend $1 billion on developing drone-blinding lasers.
- The US will spend nearly $1 billion to develop high-powered lasers to blind spy drones.
- Under High Energy and Laser Integrated Optical-dazzler with Surveillance(HELIOS) programme, 2 giant lasers will be built to counter unmanned reconnaissance aircraft by blinding their cameras.
4.India embassy phone lines in US used to scam people of money.
- The Indian embassy in the US has issued a warning about fraudsters spoofing its telephone lines to cheat people for money.
- The fraudsters extort money from Indian nationals by claiming that there are errors in their passports or visa forms and threaten that they could be deported from the US. Phone lines of European nations were also spoofed before.
1.447 firms didn’t deposit tax collected from workers.
- The Income Tax Dept has found that 447 companies deducted a total sum of Rs.3,200 crore from their employees as Tax Deducted at Source(TDS), but did not deposit that with the government.
- The department has initiated prosecution against the forms and attached bank accounts.
2.Mauritius promises action against offenders in PNB scam.
- Mauritius has promised ‘necessary regulatory action’ against entities found to be linked with the alleged $2 billion PNB scam.
- Indian agencies have sought details of financial transactions related to the case from their counterparts in countries including Mauritius and Hong Kong.
3.Banks write off bad loans of 38 wilful defaulters.
- According to the Finance Ministry data, state-owned banks have written off bad loans worth Rs.516 crore owed by 38 wilful defaulters in the first half of 2017-18.
- According to the CIBIL data, SBI had the highest amount of wilful defaulters.
4.RBI lifts per-borrower loan capitalisation for MSMEs.
- The RBI has decided to do away with the per-borrower loan limits to MSMEs for classification under priority sector lending in view of the increasing importance of the service sector and to encourage banks to lend more to this sector.
- So far, loans to MSMEs up to Rs.5 crore and Rs.10 crore, respectively, were classified as priority sector lending(PSL).
1.Advani-Led India wins snooker team WC 2018.
- India won the inaugural IBSF Snooker Team World Cup in Doha, Qatar.
- India beat Pakistan by 3-2 in the best-of-five final.
2.Shahzar Rizvi sets the world record in the ISSF WC 2018.
- India had won 2 gold and 2 bronze on the opening day of the ISSF World Cup in Mexico.
- Shahzar Rizvi clinched the gold medal and set a world record of 242.3 in the 10 meter air pistol event’s final to beat reigning Olympic champion Christian Reitz of Germany to win the top prize.
3.Rashid Khan becomes youngest captain in International Cricket history.
- The leg-spinner from Afghanistan, Rashid Khan(19-year-old) has become the youngest captain in international cricket history.
- He now holds the ICC no.1 for bowlers in both the ODIs and T20Is and also became the youngest player ever to hold the top spot for any form of ICC men’s ranking.