Daily Current Affairs 5 May 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 5 May 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 5 May 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 5 May 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Rahul Ghandhi promises to waive off farm loans
- He said that the farm loans will be waived off if Congress comes to power.
- He mentioned this at a campaign in Karnataka.
2. Internet suspended in Aligarh
- This comes amid protests over the display of Jinnah’s portrait at Aligarh Muslim University.
- 40 students were injured in the clashes.
3. Karnataka students to get extra marks if parents vote
- Marks will be awarded if parents vote in upcoming Assembly elections.
- They can show the indelible ink mark to the school authorities.
4. Govt issues thunderstorm warning
- The warning is issued to West Bengal, Odisha, Bihar and Uttar Pradesh.
- This comes after 124 people died in dust storms.
1. Japan’s child population falls again
- The number of children aged under 14 fell to 1.5 cr.
- The ratio of children to Japan’s overall population dropped to 12.3%.
2. US ends immigration status for Hondurans
- The Temporary Protected Status for 57,000 Hondurans ends .
- The status is provided since 1999 after Hurricane Mitch.
3. N Korea resets clock by 30 mins
- N Korea went forward by 30 mins to unify with S Korea.
- They had different time zones since 2015.
1. Alibaba posts 47% rise in net profit
- Alibaba has posted 47% rise in net profit at $10.2 bn.
- The e-commerce giant also posted an annual free cash flow of $15.8 bn.
2. California becomes 5th largest economy
- California is behind US, China, Japan and Germany with GDP of $2.7 tn.
- UK and India are next on the list.
3. GST approves single monthly return
- GST accepts this for businesses to increase compliance.
- It is applicable for all businesses except the ones opting for composition scheme.
4. Amul sample tested sub-standard
- The milk samples resulted to be sub-standard in a test conducted by Delhi govt.
- The samples didn’t have prescribed levels of components.
1. Rohit Sharma 1st Indian to smash 300 sixes
- Chris Gayle has slammed highest with 844 sixes in T20 league.
- Rohit is followed by Raina(290) and Dhoni(260).
2. N Korea, S Korea play as single team
- The teams fielded a joint women’s team for semis against Japan at 2018 World Table Tennis Championships.
- They did not want to face each other amidst inter-Korean reconciliation.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,5 May