Daily Current Affairs 5 November 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 5 November 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 5 November 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 5 November 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Jharakhand to become ODF
- Jharakhand will become open defecation free state by 15th of November.
- Ganga Gram is a concept to transform banks on the village of River Ganga into ideal villages with emphasis on ODF, Solid and Liquid Waste Management, Water Conservation, Ground Water Recharge.
2. OPERATION GREENS
- Ministry of Food Processing Industries has issued the guidelines for OPERATION GREENS.
- Operation Greens was announced in the Budget speech of 2018-19 with an outlay of Rs 500 crores to stabilize the supply of Tomato, Onion and Potato(TOP) crops and to ensure availability of TOP crops.
3. 3rd Ayurveda day
- Minister of State for AYUSH Shri Shripad Yesso Naik has announced that Ayurveda Departments will be opened in the new 19 AIIMS.
- Theme :- Ayurveda for public health
4. NGT’s committee for Polavaram project
- National Green Tribunal has inked a four-member committee to conduct an inspection near the Polavaram dam in Andhra Pradesh.
- This committee will examine waste dumping near Polavaram project.
1. Indo-Myanmar Regional Border Committee
- 13th Indo-Myanmar Regional Border Committee meeting has been concluded at Imphal, Manipur.
- Capital: Naypyidaw || Currency: Burmese kyat || President: Win Myint
2. China International Import Expo (CIIE)
- 1st China International Import Expo (CIIE) has inaugurated at the National Exhibition and Convention Centre, Shanghai, China.
- India has set up a Country Pavilion for the same.
3. ‘Beyond the Top 200’ Report
- The UK India Business Council has launched a Report – ‘Beyond the Top 200’.
- The focus area is how India’s new higher education policy could accelerate India’s rise to superpower status by enabling youths.
1. Credit enhancement to NBFCs
- RBI has allowed banks to provide partial credit enhancement to the bonds issue by NBFCs and housing finance companies.
- A non-banking financial institution or non-bank financial company is a financial institution that does not have a full banking license or is not supervised by a national or international banking regulatory agency.
2. A.R. Rahman’s Biography
- AR Rahman has released his biography, ‘Notes of a Dream: The Authorized Biography of AR Rahman’ in Mumbai.
- It is authored by Krishna Trilok.
3. Delhi Govt with Indian Railways
- Delhi Government has partnered with Indian Railways launched a scheme named ‘Mukhyamantri Tirth Yatra Yojana’.
- It is a tourism package for senior citizens traveling to 5 religious circuits(Vaishno Devi, Haridwar, Amritsar, Ajmer, Agra).
1. Malaysian MotoGP
- Marc Marquez has won the Malaysian MotoGP.
- Marc Márquez Alentà is a Spanish Grand Prix motorcycle road racer.
2. Yogeshwar Dutt has quit wrestling
- Yogeshwar Dutt has quit wrestling to prepare Commonwealth Games gold medallist Bajrang Punia for the 2020 Olympics
- Yogeshwar Dutt is an Indian freestyle wrestler. At the 2012 Summer Olympics, he won the bronze medal in the 60 kg category. He was awarded the Padma Shri by the Government of India in 2013. He won a gold medal at the 2014 Commonwealth Games.
3. Bharat Ratan Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee Ekana Cricket Stadium
- UP Govt. has renamed Lucknow’s Ekana International Cricket Stadium as ‘Bharat Ratan Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee Ekana Cricket Stadium’.
- It is a cricket stadium of international standard in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh public-private partnership scheme and is third largest in India with seating capacity of 50000.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,5 November