Daily Current Affairs 5 October 2017: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 5 October 2017. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 5 October 2017. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 5 October 2017 Current affairs test.
1. National Highways Projects Launched
- Nitin Gadkari, along with Home Minister Rajnath Singh, laid the foundation stone for four National Highways projects worth Rs 1121 crore and several shipping projects worth Rs 200 crore in Andaman and Nicobar Islands in events at Port Blair, Diglipur and Baratang
- The highways projects for which foundation stone will be laid include construction of 26 km of NH between Beodnabad- Ferrargunj at a cost of Rs 170 crore
- In addition, foundation stone will be laid for construction of Middle Strait Creek Bridge and Humphrey Strait Creek Bridge at estimated cost of Rs 262.97 crore and Rs 277.17 crore respectively.
2. Akhilesh re-elected as Samajwadi Party Chief
- Akhilesh Yadav was unanimously re-elected as Samajwadi Party’s National President for 5 yrs.
- The party’s Constitution was also amended to extend the chief’s tenure from 3 to 5 yrs.
3. In maiden trip as President, Kovind visits Ethiopia, Djibouti
- The President of India, Shri Ram Nath Kovind, graced and addressed the India-Ethiopia Business Dialogue, organised to commemorate the 12th Anniversary of the India Business Forum in Addis Ababa
- The President said that India’s relationship with Ethiopia is symbolic of its engagement with the African continent, of which Addis Ababa is such a vital hub.
4. Hacker puts data of 6k Indian companies for sale
- Cybersecurity firm Seqrite Cyber Intelligence Labs has tracked an advertisement for the sale of data linked to over 6k Indian companies.
- The firm claimed that the data has been breached through India’s National Internet Registry.
1. Russia gives MiG-29 fighter jets to Serbia
- Russia started delivering 6 MiG-29 fighter jets worth Rs.4,500 cr to Serbia for free.
- Serbia will also receive 30 battle tanks and 30 armoured vehicles from Russia.
2. Mongolian Parliament confirms new PM
- The Parliament confirmed Ukhnaa Khurelsukh as the country’s new Prime Minister.
- Khurelsukh previously served in the army and joined the parliament as a member in 2000.
3. Catalonia to declare independence 48 hours after results
- Catalan President Carles Puigdemont has said that the region will declare independence from Spain 48 hrs after all the official results are counted.
- Catalan officials earlier claimed that as many as 90% of over 20 lakh people voted in favour of independence.
1. Nusli Wadia richest newcomer on Forbes India list
- Wadia group chairman Nusli Wadia ranked 25th with a net worth of $5.6 billion.
- Mukesh Ambani has topped the list for the 10th consecutive year with a wealth of $38 billion.
2. RBI keeps repo rate unchanged at 6%
- The status quo comes after retail inflation hit a 5-month high of 3.36% in August.
- In the last review policy in August, RBI reduced the repo rate by 25 basis points to 6%.
3. No service charge on train e-tickets till Mar 2018
- This is in an attempt to encourage online bookings after demonetisation last year.
- Almost 33% of the IRCTC revenue comes from the service charge collected on online bookings.
1. Indian beats 19 racers to win European Championship
- Racer Mahaveer Raghunathan is the first Indian to clinch the Boss GP Championship.
- He triumphed in the last round to take his tally to 263 points, 16 ahead of the second-placed Austrian Johann Ledermair.
2. India wins its first ever Wushu World Championship gold
- Pooja Kadian became the first ever Indian sportsperson to win a gold medal at the Championship.
- She competed in the women’s 75kg Sanda category.
- Daily Current Affairs: October 1
- Daily Current Affairs: October 2
- Daily Current Affairs: October 3
- Daily Current Affairs: October 4
- Daily Current Affairs: October 5
- Daily Current Affairs: October 6
- Daily Current Affairs: October 7
- Daily Current Affairs: October 8
- Daily Current Affairs: October 9
- Daily Current Affairs: October 10
- Daily Current Affairs: October 11
- Daily Current Affairs: October 12
- Daily Current Affairs: October 13
- Daily Current Affairs: October 14
- Daily Current Affairs: October 15