Daily Current Affairs 5 October 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 5 October 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 5 October 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 5 October 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Scheme for Promotion of Academic and Research Collaboration (SPARC)
- IIT-Kharagpur with HRD Ministry to coordinate the Scheme for Promotion of Academic and Research Collaboration (SPARC).
- A dedicated web portal for SPARC is also launched www.sparc.iitkgp.ac.in
2. India’s first dolphin research centre
- National Dolphin Research Centre (NDRC) is India’s and Asia’s first dolphin research centre is likely to set up in Patna on October 5.
- It will be set up on the banks of the Ganga river in the Patna University premises.
3. Project Utkrisht
- Project Utkrisht has been launched by Indian Railways.
- The aim is to upgrade 140 rakes of Mail/Express trains in the first go.
- Following Highlights:-
- ‘Swachh Rail Toilet’.
- Energy-efficient LED lights.
- New types of fire extinguishers,Mirrors,auto janitors and odonil containers.
4. National Khadi Festival 2018
- It is inaugurated by Union MSME Minister Giriraj Singh.
- This festival was organized by Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC).
1. Exercise Sahyog-Hop Tac 2018
- It is a joint exercise between India and Vietnam.
- It has commenced at Chennai coast, Chennai.
2. 6th edition of IBSAMAR
- It is a joint Multi – National Maritime Exercise between the Indian, Brazilian and South African Navies.
- It has commenced at Simons Town, South Africa.
3. Operation Samudra Maitri
- India has launched ‘Operation Samudra Maitri’ to help tsunami-hit Indonesia.
- Indonesia:- Capital: Jakarta || Currency: Indonesian rupiah || President: Joko Widodo.
4. 2018 Nansen Refugee Award
- 2018 Nansen Refugee Award is conferred to Dr. Evan Atar Adaha(A surgeon from South Sudan).
- The award is presented by UNHCR (United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees).
1. UNCTAD’s Trade and Development Report
- Acc. to report the predicted GDP growth of India for 2018 to be at 7%.
- United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) :- Headquarters: Geneva, Switzerland || Secretary-General: Mukhisa Kituyi.
2. Infosys Finacle’s Digital Engagement Suit for banks
- Infosys Finacle has launched a digital engagement solution for banks.
- Finacle is a core banking product developed by the Indian corporation Infosys that provides universal digital banking functionality to banks. In August 2015, Finacle became part of EdgeVerve Systems Limited, a wholly owned product subsidiary of Infosys.
3. Airtel’s New Acquisition
- Bharti Airtel has acquired AuthMe ID Services, Bangalore.
- AuthMe ID Services is Bangalore based artificial intelligence start-up.
4. 19th India-Russia Annual Bilateral Summit
- Vladimir Putin will attend the 19th India-Russia Annual Bilateral Summit in New Delhi
- Russian Capital: Moscow, Currency: Ruble, President: Vladimir Putin.
1. Youngest Indian to Score Century on Test Debut
- Prithvi Shaw has become the youngest Indian to score a century in Test debut.
- Prithvi Pankaj Shaw is an Indian cricketer and former India national under-19 cricket team captain who played for Middle Income Group Cricket Club in Mumbai and was the captain of Rizvi Springfield High School and the Mumbai under-16 team.
2. Women’s National Football Championship
- The event was held at the Barabati Stadium in Cuttack, Odisha.
3. India’s flag-bearer for Asian Para Games
- Thangvellu Mariyappan was named India’s flag-bearer for Asian Para Games.
- Mariyappan Thangavelu is an Indian Paralympic high jumper. He represented India in the 2016 Summer Paralympic games held in Rio de Janeiro in the men’s high jump T-42 category, winning the gold medal in the finals. He is India’s first Paralympian gold medallist since 2004.