Daily Current Affairs 5 September 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 5 September 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 5 September 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 5 September 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Teachers’ Day
- 5th September is the birth date of the second President of India, Dr. Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan, has been celebrated as Teacher’s Day since 1962.
- World Teachers’ Day, also known as International Teachers Day, is held annually on October 5. Established in 1994, it commemorates the signing of the 1966 “Teaching in Freedom”.
2. Paritchaikku Bhayamen:-A Tamil Version of Exam Warriors
- Governor Banwarilal Purohit has released the first copy of ‘Paritchaikku Bhayamen’.
- It is a Tamil translation of Exam Warriors by PM Narendra Modi.
3. Miss Universe India 2018
- Nehal Chudasama was crowned as ‘Yamaha Fascino Miss Diva – Miss Universe India 2018’.
- The winner will represent the country at Miss Universe.
4. ‘IOWave18’:-Tsunami Mock Drill
- This ‘Mock Drill’ has begun in the Indian Ocean.
- The mock drill is consist of evacuating and rescuing the residents of coastal areas.
- It is a part of the Indian Ocean Tsunami Ready (IOTR) programme by UNESCO.
1. 3rd ASEM (Asia-Europe Meeting) Conference
- Thaawarchand Gehlot to attend the 3rd ASEM (Asia-Europe Meeting) Conference, Seoul (Korea).
- The Conference is on ‘Global Ageing and Human Rights of Older Persons’
2. International Aviation Summit
- International Aviation Summit was held in New Delhi.
- It is jointly organised by the Airports Authority of India, Ministry of Civil Aviation and International Air Transport Association
3. 13th President of Pakistan
- Dr. Arif Alvi was elected the 13th President of Pakistan.
- He is a leader from Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI).
4. Rapid Trident-Exercise
- It is a joint military exercise among Ukraine, US and NATO nations.
- The exercise will place in western Ukrainian village of Starychi from September 2 to 15, 2018. Its main goal is to practice countering armed aggression in conditions of the Hybrid war.
1. Amazon.in will be in Hindi
- Amazon India unveiled its Hindi website which is currently available on Android OS and the mobile website.
- Amazon.com, Inc., doing business as Amazon, is an American electronic commerce and cloud computing company based in Seattle, Washington, that was founded by Jeff Bezos on July 5, 1994.
2. NABARD with West Bengal
- NABARD sanctioned Rs 335 crore to West Bengal under Rural Infrastructure Development Fund.
- NABARD :- Chairman – Harsh Kumar Bhanwala || Headquarters – Mumbai.
3. Paytm App launched SIP
- Paytm Money app has launched for mutual fund investments.
- Paytm Money is a subsidiary of Vijay Shekhar Sharma’s One97 Communications Limited.
4. E-Mobility in Indian Railways
- A conference on ‘E-Mobility in Indian Railways’ was organised in New Delhi.
- This is a part of the ongoing ‘Mobility Week’(31 August to 6 September).
1. RP Singh announced retirement
- Rudra Pratap Singh announced his retirement from all form of cricket.
- He was a part of India’s 2007 World T20-winning team.
2. ISSF World Championships
- Om Prakash Mitharval clinched gold in the men’s 50m pistol event.
- ISSF World Championships was organised in Changwon, South Korea.
3. US Open 2018
- Rafael Nadal defeated Dominic Thiem and reached US Open semi-finals.
- Roger Federer is out of the US Open 2018.