Daily Current Affairs 5th 6th August 2020: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 5th 6th August 2020. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 5th 6th August 2020. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 5th 6th August 2020 Current affairs test.
1. IIM-Dhaula Kuan
- Education Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank has laid the foundation stone of Indian Institute of Management Dhaula Kuan in Sirmour, Himachal Pradesh.
- Himachal Pradesh: Chief Minister: Jai Ram Thakur || Governor: Bandaru Dattatraya.
2. Bharat Air Fibre Services
- Minister of State for Electronics, Communication, and IT Sanjay Dhotre has inaugurated Bharat Air Fibre Services in Maharashtra.
- Chief Minister of Maharashtra: Uddhav Thackeray || Governor: Bhagat Singh Koshyari.
3. India’s first conversation centre for snow leopards
- Uttarakhand will open India’s first conversation centre for snow leopards.
- Uttarakhand: Capitals: Dehradun, Gairsain (Summer) || Chief Minister:Trivender Singh Rawat || Governor: Baby Rani Maurya
1. President/Prime Minister of Guyana
- Mohamed Irfaan Ali has been named as President of Guyana
- Guyana: Capital: Georgetown || Currency: Guyanese Dollar.
- Mark Phillips sworned in as Prime Minister of Guyana
1. National Bank of Bahrain with Infosys
- National Bank of Bahrain has selected ‘Infosys Finacle’ to digitally transformation its banking business.
- Infosys: Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director: Salil Parekh || Headquarters: Bengaluru.
2. Axis Bank Voice Assistant
- Axis Bank has launched an automated Voice Assistant ‘AXAA’.
- Axis Bank: CEO: Amitabh Chaudhry || Headquarters: Mumbai
1. Book ‘Vishesh: Code To Win’
- Book ‘Vishesh: Code To Win’ has been written by author Nirupama Yadav.
- It is a story on the life of Vishesh Bhriguvanshi, India’s youngest basketball team captain.
1. Lt-Governor of Jammu and Kashmir
- Manoj Sinha has been appointed Lt-Governor of Jammu and Kashmir after GC Murmu resigns
- Manoj Sinha is an Indian politician and is the Lieutenant Governor of Jammu and Kashmir. He served as the Minister of State for Communications and Minister of State for Railways in the Government of India.
1. Hiroshima Day
- 6th August marks the anniversary of the atomic bombing in Hiroshima during World War II.
- Aim: To raise awareness about the threat of nuclear weapons and the dangers of nuclear energy.
1. Ebrahim Alkazi passes away
- Theatre Director Ebrahim Alkazi has passed away.
- Ebrahim Alkazi was an Indian theatre director and drama teacher. Alkazi was a strict disciplinarian who did rigorous research before producing a play, leading to important advances in scenographic design. His standards later became very influential.
2. William English passes away
- American Computer Engineer William English who co-invented the world’s first computer mouse, has passed away.
- William Kirk English was an American computer engineer who contributed to the development of the computer mouse while working for Douglas Engelbart at SRI International’s Augmentation Research Center. He would later work for Xerox PARC and Sun Microsystems.
Award, Rankings and Indexes
1. Young Scientist Award 2020
- Council of Scientific and Industrial Research has announced Young Scientist Award for the year 2020.
- CSIR: Director General: Shekhar C. Mande || HQ: New Delhi
1. Iker Casillas retires
- Former Real Madrid and Spain Goalkeeper Iker Casillas has retired from football.
- Iker Casillas is a Spanish former professional footballer who played as a goalkeeper. Popularly dubbed “San Iker” for his ability to produce spectacular saves, Casillas is widely regarded to be one of the greatest goalkeepers of all time, and by some, as the greatest ever.