Daily Current Affairs 5th 6th November 2020: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 5th 6th November 2020. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 5th 6th November 2020. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 5th 6th November 2020 Current affairs test.
1. Brand Ambassador for NamamiGange Project
- Cartoon Charactor Chacha Chaudhary has become the Brand Ambassador for NamamiGange Project.
1. Asian Development Bank with Meghalaya
- Asian Development Bank has approved USD 132.8 million loan for power distribution in Meghalaya.
- Meghalaya : Chief Minister: Conrad Sangma || Governor: Satya Pal Malik.
- ADB: Headquarters: Mandaluyong, Philippines || President: Masatsugu Asakawa
2. PayTM with SBI
- Paytm has tied-up with SBI Card to launch co-branded credit cards
- SBI Card : CEO: Ashwini Kumar Tewari || Headquarters: Gurugram
- Paytm : CEO: Vijay Shekhar Sharma || Headquarters: Noida
1. New Brand Ambassador of Syska Group
- Syska Group has roped in actor Rajkummar Rao as the Brand Ambassador.
- The SSK Group – Pursuing Excellence: In 1989, the SSK Group set up its flagship company, Shree Sant Kripa Appliances Pvt. Ltd.
1. Book ‘Till We Win’
- Book on Covid-19 ‘Till We Win’ is authored by AIIMS Director Randeep Guleria.
Science and Technology News
1. PINAKA Rocket System
- India has successfully test-fired enhanced version of PINAKA Rocket System.
- DRDO: Chairman: Dr G. Satheesh Reddy || DRDO Headquarters: New Delhi.
1. MD and CEO of ONGC Videsh
- AK Gupta has been appointed as the new Managing Director and CEO of ONGC Videsh.
- ONGC Videsh Limited, a Miniratna Schedule “A” Central Public Sector Enterprise (CPSE) of the Government of India under the administrative control of the Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas, is the wholly owned subsidiary and overseas arm of Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited.
- ONGC’s international subsidiary ONGC Videsh currently has projects in 17 countries.
1. National Stress Awareness Day
- National Stress Awareness Day is observed on the first Wednesday in November by International Stress Management Association (ISMA).
- Aim: To identify and reduce stress factors in our lives.
2. World Tsunami Awareness Day
- World Tsunami Awareness Day is observed across the world on 5 November.
- The observance of the day would help to spread awareness among people across the world in matters related to the dangers of tsunami and shall stress on the importance of early warning systems in order to mitigate damage from the often devastating natural hazard.
3. International Day for Preventing the Exploitation of the Environment in War and Armed Conflict
- The International Day for Preventing the Exploitation of the Environment in War and Armed Conflict is an international day observed on November 6.
- Aim: To prevent the Exploitation of the Environment in War and Armed Conflict.
1. Exercise CARAT Bangladesh 2020
- Bangladesh and USA have launched joint naval exercise CARAT Bangladesh 2020.
- CARAT means Cooperation Afloat Readiness and Training.