Daily Current Affairs 5th 6th October 2020: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 5th 6th October 2020. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 5th 6th October 2020. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 5th 6th October 2020 Current affairs test.
1. First 100% solar-powered airport
- Puducherry Airport has been developed into the Airports Authority of India‘s first fully solar-powered airport.
- Puducherry Governor: Kiran Bedi
1. New Member of Monetary Policy Committee (MPC)
- Indian Government has reconstituted the Monetary Policy Committee by nominating three new members – Ashima Goyal, Jayanth R Verma and Shashank Bhide.
- The Monetary Policy Committee is responsible for fixing the benchmark interest rate in India. The meetings of the Monetary Policy Committee are held at least 4 times a year and it publishes its decisions after each such meeting.
2. BoB-ICSI Diamond credit card
- Bank of Baroda and the Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI), have launched an exclusive co-branded credit card for Company Secretaries.
- Institute of Company Secretaries of India: President: CS Ashish Garg || CEO: CS Sutanu Sinha || Headquarters: New Delhi
1. Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs with Swiggy
- Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA) has partnered with Swiggy to take street food vendors online under PM SVANIDHI scheme.
- Minister of Housing and Urban Affairs and Civil Aviation: Hardeep Singh Puri
- Swiggy: Headquarters: Bangalore || Sriharsha Majety (CEO)
1. Bapu – The unforgettable
- Delhi’s Deputy CM Manish Sisodia has launched coffee-table book ‘Bapu – The unforgettable’.
Science and Technology News
1. SS Kalpana Chawla Cygnus spacecraft
- Northrop Grumman has launched a flight to the International Space Station named after late astronaut ‘Kalpana Chawla’.
- The Cygnus vehicle S.S Kalpana Chawla along with Antares rocket for NG-14 mission by NASA.
- NASA: Headquarters: Washington DC || Administrator: James Bridenstine
2. Supersonic Missile Assisted Release of Torpedo (SMART)
- DRDO conducted a successful flight test of the Supersonic Missile Assisted Release of Torpedo (SMART).
- SMART is a missile assisted release of lightweight Anti-Submarine Torpedo System for anti-submarine warfare (ASW) operations for far beyond torpedo range.
- DRDO || Chairman: Dr G Satheesh Reddy || Headquarters: New Delhi
1. World Space Week
- United Nations declared October 4-10 as World Space Week in 1999.
- World Space Week 2020 Theme : ‘Satellites Improve Life’
2. World Teachers’ Day
- International Teachers Day, is an international day held annually on 5 October.
- Theme: ‘Teachers: Leading in crisis, reimagining the future’.
3. World Habitat Day
- World Habitat Day is marked on the first Monday of October each year, and is recognized by the United Nations to reflect on the state of towns and cities, and on the basic right of all to adequate shelter.
- Theme: ‘Housing For All — A Better Urban Future’.
Award, Rankings and Indexes
1. Right Livelihood Award
- Right Livelihood Award, sometimes referred to as the Alternative Nobel.
- 1. Nasrin Sotoudeh, an Iranian lawyer, who has defended activists, opposition politicians and women prosecuted for removing their head-scarves.
- 2. Bryan Stevenson, US civil rights lawyer won the award “for his inspiring endeavour to reform the US criminal justice system
- 3. USA civil rights lawyer Bryan Stevenson won the award “for his inspiring endeavour to reform the US criminal justice system and advance racial reconciliation in the face of historic trauma.”
- 4. Environmental activist of Nicaragua Lottie Cunningham Wren won “for her ceaseless dedication to the protection of indigenous lands and communities from exploitation and plunder.”
- The Right Livelihood Award is an international award to “honour and support those offering practical and exemplary answers to the most urgent challenges facing us today.”
2. Forbes list of World’s Most Influential CMOs
- Chief Marketing Officer of HDFC Bank Ravi Santhanam has been inducted in the Forbes list of ‘The World’s Most Influential CMOs’.
- HDFC Bank: || CEO: Aditya Puri || Headquarters: Mumbai
3. Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine 2020
- The Nobel Prize in Physiology/Medicine 2020 was awarded jointly to Harvey J. Alter, Michael Houghton and Charles M. Rice for the discovery of Hepatitis C virus.
- The Nobel Prize is a set of annual international awards bestowed in several categories by Swedish and Norwegian institutions in recognition of academic, cultural, or scientific advances. The will of the Swedish chemist, engineer and industrialist Alfred Nobel established the five Nobel prizes in 1895.
4. Nobel Prize in Physics 2020
- Roger Penrose for the discovery that black hole formation is a robust prediction of the general theory of relativity.
- Reinhard Genzel and Andrea Ghez for the discovery of a supermassive compact object at the centre of our galaxy.
5. Forbes’ highest-paid actor/actress of 2020
- According to the Forbes, Sofia Vergara is the highest-paid female actor in the world.
- According to the Forbes, Dwayne Johnson is the highest-paid male actor in the world.
- Akshay Kumar, the only Bollywood star in the top 10, landed in sixth place with earnings of $48.5 million.