Daily Current Affairs 5th 6th September 2020: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 5th 6th September 2020. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 5th 6th September 2020. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 5th 6th September 2020 Current affairs test.
1. ‘The Little Book of Green Nudges’ Initiative
- United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) has launched a new publication ‘The Little Book of Green Nudges’.
- Aim: To inspire up to 200 million students around the globe to adopt environmentally friendly habits and greener lifestyles.
- UNEP: Headquarters location: Nairobi, Kenya || Head: Inger Andersen
2. Matthew Hayden as trade envoy to India
- Australia has appointed former cricketer Matthew Hayden as trade envoy to India along with Indian-origin politician Lisa Singh.
- Australia: Prime minister: Scott Morrison || Capital: Canberra || Currency: Australian dollar
3. SCO Council of Heads of Government
- India will host a summit of the Council of Heads of Government of the SCO in November.
- The Shanghai Cooperation Organisation, or Shanghai Pact, is a Eurasian political, economic, and security alliance, the creation of which was announced on 15 June 2001 in Shanghai,
- Shanghai Cooperation Organisation: Headquarters: Beijing, China || Secretary General: Vladimir Norov
4. G20 Foreign Ministers’ Extraordinary Meeting
- Saudi Arabia chaired the G20 Foreign Ministers’ Extraordinary Meeting through virtual mode.
- The G20 (or Group of Twenty) is an international forum for the governments and central bank governors from 19 countries and the European Union (EU).
1. LazyUPI digital credit card
- LazyPay has launched LazyUPI digital credit card.
- LazyPay is one of India’s fastest way to get credit online. Pay Later in One Tap at checkout to have an interest free credit period upto 15 days.
2. Priority Sector Lending Guidelines
- Reserve Bank of India has revised Priority Sector Lending guidelines.
- Higher weightage have been assigned to incremental priority sector credit in identified districts where priority sector credit flow is comparatively low.
- Priority Sector Lending is an important role given by the to the banks for providing a specified portion of the bank lending to few specific sectors like agriculture and allied activities, micro and small enterprises, poor people for housing, students for education and other low income groups and weaker sections.
3. Aditya Birla Idea Payments Bank
- Aditya Birla Idea Payments Bank has ceased to be a banking company within the meaning of the Banking Regulation Act, 1949.
- In November 2019, the RBI had stated that Aditya Birla Idea Payments Bank was headed for liquidation after the application for voluntary winding up of ABPB.
1. India’s Largest Carport
- Tata Power has signed a Power Purchase Agreement with Tata Motors to commission India’s Largest Carport at Pune.
- Tata Power: CEO: Praveer Sinha || Headquarters: Mumbai
2. New Brand Ambassador of Bajaj Allianz Life
- Bajaj Allianz Life has roped in Ayushmann Khurrana as brand ambassador.
- Bajaj Allianz Life: CEO: Tapan Singhel || Headquarters: Pune
1. India’s Ambassador to Republic of Croatia
- Raj Srivastava has been appointed as India’s Ambassador to Republic of Croatia.
- Croatia: Capital: Zagreb || Currency: Croatian kuna.
1. International Day of Charity
- The International Day of Charity is an international day observed annually on 5 September.
- It was declared by the United Nations General Assembly in 2012.
2. National Teacher’s day
- National Teacher’s day is celebrated on 5 September to mark the birth anniversary of India’s second President Sarvapalli Radhakrishnan.
- Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan was an Indian philosopher, academic, and statesman who served as the first Vice President of India and the second President of India.
Award, Rankings and Indexes
1. CII-GBC ‘National Energy Leader’ award
- Hyderabad International Airport has won CII-GBC ‘National Energy Leader’ award.
- Rashtriya Ispat Nigam Limited-Vizag Steel Plant (RINL-VSP) has also been awarded CII-GBC ‘National Energy Leader’ award.
1. 11th INDRA NAVY
- A biennial bilateral maritime exercise ‘INDRA NAVY’ between Indian and Russian Navy will begin in the Bay of Bengal.
- Capital: Moscow || President: Vladimir Putin || Currency: Russian Rouble || Prime minister: Mikhail Mishustin
1. Annual World Open online chess tournament
- Indian Grandmaster P Iniyan has won the 48th Annual World Open online chess tournament.
- Panneerselvam Iniyan is an Indian chess player. He is India’s 61st player to be awarded the title of Grandmaster by FIDE.