Daily Current Affairs 5th June 2020: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 5th June 2020. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 5th June 2020. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 5th June 2020 Current affairs test.
1. Real-Time Electricity Market
- Indian Energy Exchange has launched ‘Real-Time Electricity Market’.
- Real-Time Electricity Market will facilitate the power utilities to reduce dependency on deviation framework and save on the huge penalties.
2. PM Street Vendor’s Atma Nirbhar Nidhi (PM SVA Nidhi) scheme
- Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs has launched PM SVA Nidhi scheme (PM Street Vendor’s Atma Nirbhar Nidhi (PM SVA Nidhi) scheme) which is a Special Micro-Credit Facility Scheme.
- Street vendors will be provided affordable loans under the PM SVA Nidhi scheme.
- Minister of Housing and Urban Affairs: Hardeep Singh Puri.
1. Global Vaccine Summit 2020
- Prime Minister Modi was addressed the virtual Global Vaccine Summit hosted by UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson.
- Gavi is an international organisation created in 2000 to improve access to new and underused vaccines for children living in the world’s poorest countries.
- India has pledged 15 Million US Dollars to Gavi.
1. India’s Sovereign Rating
- Moody’s Investors Service has downgraded India’s Sovereign Rating to ‘Baa3’.
- Moody’s Investors Service, often referred to as Moody’s, is the bond credit rating business of Moody’s Corporation, representing the company’s traditional line of business and its historical name. Moody’s Investors Service provides international financial research on bonds issued by commercial and government entities.
- CEO: Raymond W. McDaniel Jr. || Headquarters: New York
2. Adidas India New Brand Ambassador
- Adidas India has appointed former Miss World Manushi Chillar as brand ambassador.
- Adidas : Headquarters: Herzogenaurach, Germany || CEO: Kasper Rørsted
1. CMD of National Fertilizers Limited
- Virendra Nath Datt has been appointed as the Chairman & Managing Director of National Fertilizers Limited.
- National Fertilizers Limited: Headquarters: Noida || National Fertilizers Limited established: 1 September 1979.
2. New chairman of BAFTA
- Krishnendu Majumdar has become the new chairman of British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA).
- The British Academy Film Awards or BAFTA Film Awards are presented in an annual award show hosted by the British Academy of Film and Television Arts to honour the best British and international contributions to film.
3. Twitter Board Chairman
- Twitter has appointed ex-Google CFO as new board chairman.
- Twitter: CEO: Jack Dorsey || Twitter formed: 21 March 2006 || Headquarters: San Francisco, California
1. World Environment Day
- World Environment Day is celebrated on 5 June every year, and is the United Nations’ principal vehicle for encouraging awareness and action for the protection of the environment.
- Theme: ‘Celebrating Biodiversity’
1. Basu Chatterjee passes away
- Filmmaker and the National Film Award winner Basu Chatterjee passed away.
- Basu Chatterjee was an Indian film director and screenwriter. Through the 1970s and 1980s, he became associated with what came to be known as middle cinema or middle-of-the-road cinema, with filmmakers such as Hrishikesh Mukherjee and Basu Bhattacharya, whom he assisted on Teesri Kasam.
1. AFC Women’s Asian Cup 2022 Finals
- AFC has granted India the Rights to host AFC Women’s Asian Cup 2022 Finals.
- Asian Football Confederation: Headquarters: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia || President: Salman bin Ibrahim Al Khalifa || General Secretary: Windsor John