Daily Current Affairs 5th March 2023: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 5th March 2023. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 5th March 2023. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 5th March 2023 Current affairs test.
1. Daniil Medvedev’s Victory in Dubai Tennis Championships 2023
- Russian tennis ace, Daniil Medvedev clinched the 2023 Dubai Tennis Championships title by beating fellow Russian, Andrey Rublev with a score of 6-2, 6-2.
- Following this win, he climbed to the sixth spot on the ATP leaderboard, while Rublev fell to the seventh position.
- He has become the third tennis player to claim three titles consecutively in three weeks since 2021, standing alongside Casper Ruud (July 2021) and Felix Auger-Aliassime (October 2022).
National & International Appointments
2. Sheikh Ahmad Nawaf al-Sabah’s New Tenure as Kuwait’s Prime Minister
- After a government resignation linked to rising disagreements with the legislature, Crown prince, Sheikh Ahmad Nawaf al-Sabah has once again been designated as Kuwait’s Prime Minister.
- The decision was initiated by Crown Prince Sheikh Meshal al-Ahmad al-Sabah, who also undertakes the emir’s responsibilities.
- It’s worth noting that while Kuwait doesn’t permit political parties, its legislative body holds more sway compared to its Gulf counterparts.
3. Passing of Former Chief Justice of India, A.M. Ahmadi
- The esteemed Former Chief Justice of India, A.M. Ahmadi, has sadly departed at 90 years of age.
- He held the esteemed position of Chief Justice between the years 1994 and 1997.
4. India and Japan’s Joint Air Force Exercise: Shinyuu Maitri
- The Indian Air Force (IAF) in collaboration with the Japan Air Self Defense Force (JASDF) took part in the Shinyuu Maitri exercise.
- This exercise coincided with the Indo-Japan Joint Army Exercise named Dharma Guardian, held from 13 February to 2 March 2023 in Komatsu, Japan.
- Note: Key bilateral military exercises between India and Japan include ‘Sahyog Kaijin’, ‘Dharma Guardian’, ‘Shinyuu Maitri’ (Airforce), and ‘Exercise JIMEX’ (naval forces).
5. Deakin University’s New Branch at GIFT City
- Australia’s Deakin University has been recognized as the inaugural overseas institution to gain the International Financial Services Centres Authority (IFSCA)’s nod to establish an International Branch in GIFT City.
- The 2023-24 budget speech by the Finance Minister disclosed the permission for top-tier international universities to set foot in GIFT City.
- This provisional approval came on the heels of a recommendation from the expert committee assembled by the GIFT City Company Ltd.
6. Indo-France Joint Military Drill ‘FRINJEX-23’
- The initial military cooperation exercise titled ‘FRINJEX-23’ between India and France is set to take place at Pangode military base in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala on March 7 and 8, 2023.
- This marks a pioneering initiative where both nations collaborate in this format, each featuring a Company Group.
- The overarching theme revolves around “Providing Humanitarian Assistance and Responding to Disasters in a Challenging Environment”.
7. INS Trikand’s Role in IMX/Cutlass Express 2023
- INS Trikand is actively participating in the globally significant International Maritime Exercise/ Cutlass Express 2023 (IMX/CE-23) from February 26 to March 16, 2023, in the Gulf area.
- INS Trikand will be coordinating with over 50 global nations and various international maritime entities.
- The unified objective is to amplify maritime safety and ensure the regional sea routes remain open for business activities.
- It’s worth highlighting that IMX/CE-23 ranks among the world’s foremost multinational maritime drills.