Daily Current Affairs 6th-7th April 2020: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 6th-7th April 2020. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 6th-7th April 2020. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 6th-7th April 2020 Current affairs test.
1. Low-cost Ventilator ‘Jeevan’ by Indian Railway
- The Indian Railways has developed a Low-cost Ventilator ‘Jeevan’ at its Kapurthala Rail Coach Factory, Punjab.
- Indian Railways: Headquarters– New Delhi || Union Minister of Railways– Piyush Goyal || Chairman- Vinod Kumar Yadav
2. ‘Caruna’ Initiative
- Civil Services Association has formed an initiative called ‘Caruna’ to support and supplement the government’s efforts in fighting coronavirus.
- ‘Caruna’ stands for Civil Services Associations Reach to Support in Natural Disasters and represents a collaborative platform,
3. Member of Parliament Local Area Development (MPLAD) fund scheme
- The Union Cabinet has also approved the temporary suspension of Member of Parliament Local Area Development (MPLAD) fund scheme during 2020-21 and 2021-22.
- Government of India has approved an ordinance reduces the allowances and pension of the members of parliament by 30% starting from April 1, 2020.
1. World Expo 2020 Dubai
- United Arab Emirates Government has been formally requested the postponement of World Expo 2020 Dubai in October 2020.
- United Arab Emirates: Capital: Abu Dhabi || Currency: United Arab Emirates dirham || President : Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan
2. Operation Sanjeevani
- Indian Air Force has airlifted medical and hospital consumables for the Maldives under ‘Operation Sanjeevani’ amid COVID-19.
- Maldives: Capital– Male || Currency– Maldivian rufiyaa || President– Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
Science and Technology News
1. India’s first COVID-19 home screening test kit
- Bione has launched India’s first COVID-19 home screening test kit.
- It is pending with approval from Central Drugs Standard Control Organisation (CDSCO).
2. Low-cost ventilator ‘Prana-Vayu’
- A low-cost portable ventilator ‘Prana-Vayu’ has been developed by IIT-Roorkee with AIIMS-Rishikesh.
- Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, formerly University of Roorkee and Thomason College of Civil Engineering, is a public technical and research university located in Roorkee, Uttarakhand, India.
3. V Safe Tunnel
- ‘V Safe Tunnel’ has been installed in Telangana to achieve the aim of sanitizing people.
- Chief Minister of Telangana: K Chandrasekhar Rao || Governor: Tamilisai Soundararajan.
1. New Chairman of NASSCOM
- Infosys Chief Operating Officer UB Pravin Rao has taken over as Nasscom Chairman.
- The National Association of Software and Service Companies is a trade association of Indian Information Technology and Business Process Outsourcing industry. Established in 1988, NASSCOM is a non-profit organisation. NASSCOM initiated a program called ‘10000 Startups’ in 2013.
- Headquarters location: New Delhi || Members: over 2,000 companies || Founded: 1 March 1988 || Founders: Dewang Mehta, Nandan Nilekani
1. World Health Day
- The World Health Day is a global health awareness day celebrated every year on 7 April, under the sponsorship of the World Health Organization.
- Theme: ‘Support nurses and midwives’
- In 1948, the WHO hold the First World Health Assembly.
2. International Day of Sport for Development and Peace
- The International Day of Sport for Development and Peace on 6th April, is an annual celebration of the power of sport to drive social change, community development and to foster peace and understanding.
- Created by the United Nations General Assembly in 23 August 2013, supported by the International Olympic Committee since 6 April 2014.
- This date (6th April) commemorates the inauguration, in 1896, of the first Olympic games of the modern era, in Athens, (Greece).
3. United Nations International Day of Conscience
- United Nations General Assembly has designated 5 April to be observed as an International Day of Conscience.
- Theme: ‘Change the World with Conscience’
1. Bill Withers passes away
- A three-time Grammy Award winner Bill Withers has passed away.
- William Harrison Withers Jr. was an American singer-songwriter and musician. He recorded several major hits, including “Ain’t No Sunshine”, “Grandma’s Hands”, “Use Me”, “Lean on Me”, “Lovely Day”, and “Just the Two of Us”. Withers won three Grammy Awards and was nominated for six more.
Award, Rankings and Indexes
1. ‘Hero to Animals Award’ by PETA India
- PETA India announced the ‘Hero to Animals Award’ to be conferred upon Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik for allocating funds to feed community animals in Odisha.
- Odisha: Capital- Bhubaneshwar || CM- Naveen Patnaik || Governor- SC Jamir
2. Skoll Award for Social Entrepreneurship 2020
- NGO ARMMAN has been awarded the Skoll Award for Social Entrepreneurship 2020 for its exceptional work in the maternal and child health space in India.
- MoHFW, GoI has partnered with ARMMAN for implementation of Kilkari and Mobile Academy initiatives for strengthening Reproductive and Child Health (RCH) services, especially in rural areas.
3. Top State Under PMKSY for FY 2019-20
- Tamil Nadu has topped the list as part of implementation of the Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana (PMKSY).
- Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana (PMKSY) is a programme aimed at promoting the “more crop per drop” concept by focusing on water-saving technologies.
1. NBA Hall of Fame
- Kobe Bryant will be posthumously inducted into the NBA Hall of Fame.
- Kobe Bean Bryant was an American professional basketball player. As a shooting guard, Bryant entered the National Basketball Association directly from high school, and played his entire 20-season professional career in the league with the Los Angeles Lakers.
2. AFC Asian Cup 2027
- All India Football Federation submits bid to host AFC Asian Cup 2027.
- List of venues of AFC Asian Cup: 2015 : Australia || 2019 : United Arab Emirates || 2023 : China
3. World Games in Birmingham
- The 11th edition of the World Games in Birmingham, Alabamawill now be held in the summer of 2022.