Daily Current Affairs 6th-7th May 2020: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 6th 7th May 2020. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 6th 7th May 2020. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 6th 7th May 2020 Current affairs test.
1. Mukhya Mantri Shahari Rojgar Guarantee Yojna
- Himachal Pradesh Government has decided to start ‘Mukhya Mantri Shahari Rojgar Guarantee Yojna’.
- Aim: To people living in urban areas.
- Himachal Pradesh: Chief Minister: Jairam Thakur || Governor: Bandaru Dattatraya.
2. Operation SamudraSetu
- Indian Navy has launched Operation SamudraSetu as a part of national effort to repatriate Indian citizens from overseas.
- Chief of the Naval Staff (CNS): Admiral Karambir Singh
1. New Currency of Iran
- Iranian Parliament will replace its currency ‘Rial’ with another basic unit of currency named ‘Toman’ to tackle inflation.
- Capital: Tehran || President: Hassan Rouhani
2. First satellite to monitor Arctic climate
- Russia has planned to launch the first satellite named Arktika-M to monitor the Arctic climate.
- Russia: Capital: Moscow || Currency: Russian Rouble || President: Vladimir Putin
3. First Hindu youth joins Pakistan Air Force
- Pakistani Hindu youth Rahul Dev has become the first person from the minority community to join the Pakistan Air Force.
- Currency: Pakistani rupee || Capital: Islamabad || Prime minister: Imran Khan || President: Arif Alvi
4. World War II medal to Kim Jong-un
- Russian President Vladimir Putin has honoured North Korean Leader Kim Jong-un with a World War-II Medal.
- In preserving the memory of Soviet soldiers who died on North Korean territory.
- North Korea Capital: Pyongyang
1. RBI cancels licence of The CKP Co. Bank
- The licence of CKP Co-operative Bank, Mumbai has been cancelled by RBI.
- RBI 25th Governor: Shaktikanta Das || Headquarters: Mumbai || Founded: 1 April 1935, Kolkata.
2. NABARD disburses MONEY to State Co-op Banks and RRBs
- National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development has disbursed 12767 crore to State Co-operative Banks (StCBs) and Regional Rural Banks (RRBs).
- NABARD: Founded: 12 July 1982 || Headquarters: Mumbai || Chairperson : Harsh Kumar Bhanwala
1. India’s FY21 GDP forecast by DBS
- Singapore-based DBS Bank has cut India’s FY21 GDP forecast to 1.0%.
- DBS bank: CEO: Piyush Gupta || Headquarters: Singapore
Science and Technology News
1. GARUD (Government Authorisation for Relief Using Drones) Portal
- Civil Aviation Ministry and DGCA have launched the GARUD (Government Authorisation for Relief Using Drones) portal.
- Aim: To provide fast track conditional exemptions to government agencies for COVID-19 related drone operations.
- Directorate General of Civil Aviation: Headquarters: New Delhi || Parent agency: Ministry of Civil Aviation || Minister responsible: Hardeep Singh Puri || Arun Kumar, IAS, Director General
2. CHDCOVID App
- Chandigarh Government has launched ‘CHDCOVID’ App to provide COVID-19 related information.
- Lt. Governors of Chandigarh: VP Singh Badnore.
3. Exit App
- West Bengal Government has rolled out ‘Exit App’ for people from other states who are in West Bengal amid COVID-19.
- Governor: Jagdeep Dhankhar.
1. Tarun Bajaj as Director on Board of RBI
- Government of India has nominated Tarun Bajaj, Secretary, Department of Economic Affairs, Ministry of Finance as a Director on the Central Board of RBI.
- He will replace Atanu Chakraborty.
2. New MD and CEO of Max Bupa
- Max Bupa Health Insurance has appointed Krishnan Ramachandran as its new MD and CEO.
- Max Bupa Health Insurance: Headquarters– New Delhi
1. World Password Day
- World Password Day is observed on first Thursday of May.
- Intel created World Password Day on the first Thursday of May to address the critical need for solid passwords.
2. World Athletics Day
- World Athletics Day is annually celebrated on May 7.
- The World Athletics Day was introduced by the IAAF to increase awareness about athletics and to encourage the youth to take up sports.
3. World Hand Hygiene Day
- World Health Organization has marked 5 May as World Hand Hygiene Day.
- Director-General of the WHO: Tedros Adhanom || Headquarters of WHO: Geneva, Switzerland.
Agreements and MoUs
1. ‘I FOR INDIA’ Campaign
- Facebook has launched a home-to-home fund-raiser concert ‘I For India’ in collaboration with Bollywood.
- CEO of Facebook: Mark Zuckerberg || Facebook Headquarters: California, US.
Award, Rankings and Indexes
1. Marcus Wallenberg Prize 2020
- Winner: Joseph J Landsberg || Richard H Waring || Nicholas C Coops
- for a model to predict forest growth in a changing climate.
- The Marcus Wallenberg Foundation for Promoting Scientific Research in the Forest Industry, is based on appropriations of Stora Kopparbergs Bergslags Aktiebolag.
1. Fukuoka Aquatics World Championship
- Federation Internationale de Natation has rescheduled the 2021 Fukuoka Aquatics World Championship to May 2022 in Japan.
- FINA is the international federation recognised by the International Olympic Committee for administering international competition in water sports. It is one of several international federations which administer a given sport or discipline for the IOC and international community. It is based in Lausanne, Switzerland.
- Headquarters: Lausanne, Switzerland || President: Julio Maglione
2. Badminton World Championships 2020
- Badminton World Championships 2020 has been postponed to November 2021.
- Badminton World Federation: Headquarters: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia || BWF President: Poul-Erik Hoyer Larsen.