Daily Current Affairs 6 April 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 6 April 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 6 April 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 6 April 2018 Current affairs test.
1. 59 BJP MPs sign letter to shift Children’s Day to Dec 26
- The letter stated that Dec 26, the day of martyrdom of Sikh Guru Gobind Singh’s sons should be designated for the occasion.
- The letter suggested, 14 Nov can be attributed as “UNCLE DAY” or “CHACHA DIWAS”.
2. IIMs free to choose if they want to grant degree or diploma
- The Parliament had passed the IIM Act in Dec 2017 granting greater autonomy to their executive bodies in the functioning of the institutes.
- The postgraduate diplomas given by IIMs are not universally accepted.
3. Global Logistics Summit held in New Delhi
- The Summit acts as a platform to hold discussions with global experts, academics, government officials and private sector and industry representatives.
- Minister Suresh Prabhu said 56 new airports will be ready for operation in the next few years.
4. Bhattacharjee appointed as the ambassador of India to Serbia
- Subrata Bhattacharjee is appointed as the next Ambassador of India to the Republic of Serbia.
- He is currently Joint Secretary in Ministry of External Affairs.
1. India to buy missile system from Russia
- India will continue negotiations with Russia to acquire a missile defence system at a cost of over Rs.30,000 cr.
- This is despite the sanctions imposed by the US on defence trade with Russia.
2. Qatar introduces national service for women for first time
- Women aged over 18 will be able to volunteer for national service under the law.
- Every Qatar male aged 18-35 is required to perform a compulsory military service, now extended to a year instead of 3 months.
3. Nepal PM on visit to India
- KP Sharma Oli’s visit will provide an opportunity to review wide-ranging cooperative partnership and to progress it further.
- He will also engage with the business community as well as the Nepalese diaspora in India.
4. Trump proposes $100 bn more in tariffs on China
- US Prez proposed the additional tariffs on China in light of the country’s unfair retaliation against earlier US tariffs.
- This comes after China announced an additional 25% tariff on US imports worth $50 bn in a tit-for-tat move.
1. Flipkart partners with MakeMyTrip
- Flipkart forged a strategic partnership with online travel company MakeMyTrip to offer travel services on its platform.
- The services of MakeMyTrip’s other brands, Goibibo and redBus, will be available to Flipkart consumers as part of the deal.
2. TRAI proposes Wi-Fi grid
- TRAI has proposed concept of open architecture-based public Wi-Fi grid to bring down the cost of internet by 90%.
- The Wi-Fi grid entails various providers coming together to address aspects like services, access, payment, and authentication.
3. Ex-RBI Deputy Gov questioned over $2.1 bn PNB fraud
- Harun Rashid Khan served as the Deputy Gov between 2011 and 2016.
- He is being questioned over the alleged benefits to Choksi’s Gitanjali group due to 80:20 gold import scheme.
4. Louis Vuitton maker becomes world’s 4th richest man
- Bernard Arnault has overtaken Zara Founder Amancio Ortega with a net worth of $70.7 bn.
- This comes after the shares of his company Christian Dior rose to a record high.
1. Weightlifter Sanjita Chanu wins India’s second gold
- Loa Dika Toua of Papua New Guinea, claimed silver with a total lift of 182.
2. India women’s hockey team thrashes Malaysia at CWG 2018
- The team beat their Malaysian counterparts 4-1.
- India will next face England on Sunday.
3. India’s youngest weightlifter wins bronze
- 18-yr old Deepak Lather won bronze in the 69-kg men’s category at Gold Coast.
- He lifted a total weight of 295 kg.