Daily Current Affairs 6 April 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 6 April 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 6 April 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 6 April 2019 Current affairs test.
1. Bureau of Indian Standards with IIT Delhi
- BIS has drafted an MoU with IIT Delhi in the field of standardisation and conformity assessment.
- IIT Delhi will provide infrastructure support for relevant R and D projects to standardisation
- BIS will provide financial support to IIT Delhi for projects.
- The Bureau of Indian Standards is the national Standards Body of India working under the aegis of Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution, Government of India. It is established by the Bureau of Indian Standards Act, 1986 which came into effect on 23 December 1986.
2. Internet and Mobile Services on flights
- BSNL has received a licence from Department of Telecommunications to provide Internet and mobile services on flights.
- BSNL will have Inmarsat (Satellite telecommunications company) as its satellite partner.
- Inmarsat plc is a British satellite telecommunications company, offering global mobile services. It provides telephone and data services to users worldwide, via portable or mobile terminals which communicate with ground stations through thirteen geostationary telecommunications satellites.
- Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited is an Indian state-owned telecommunications company headquartered in New Delhi.
3. Google India industry head
- Former Bollywood Actress Mayoori Kango has been appointed as Google India Industry Head.
- Google LLC is an American multinational technology company that specializes in Internet-related services and products, which include online advertising technologies, search engine, cloud computing, software, and hardware. It is considered one of the Big Four technology companies, alongside Amazon, Apple and Facebook.
4. National Maritime Day
- 5 April marks the National Maritime Day of India. On this day in 1919 navigation history was created when SS Loyalty, the first ship of The Scindia Steam Navigation Company, journeyed to the United Kingdom.
- Theme :- ‘Indian Ocean-An Ocean of opportunity’.
- World Maritime Day 2019 will be observed on 26 September.
1. Astronauts on Mars by 2033
- Acc. to NASA administrator Jim Bridenstine, NASA proposes to put humans on Mars by 2033.
- The National Aeronautics and Space Administration is an independent agency of the United States Federal Government responsible for the civilian space program, as well as aeronautics and aerospace research. NASA was established in 1958, succeeding the National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics.
- Headquarters: Washington DC || Founder: Dwight D. Eisenhower || Founded: 29 July 1958, United States of America || Administered by: Jim Bridenstine || Subsidiaries: Johnson Space Center || Video games: Moonbase Alpha, NetworKing
2. Yemeni Civil War
- USA House of Representatives has voted to end the Involvement of USA in Yemen’s civil war.
- The Yemeni Civil War is an ongoing conflict that began in 2015 between two factions: the internationally recognized Yemeni government, led by Abdrabbuh Mansur Hadi, and the Houthi armed movement, along with their supporters and allies. Both claim to constitute the official government of Yemen.
- Yemen, officially known as the Republic of Yemen, is a country at the southern end of the Arabian Peninsula in Western Asia. Yemen is the second-largest Arab sovereign state in the peninsula
3. State of Global Air-2019 Report
- The State of Global Air-2019 Report is released by US-based organization Health Effects Institute (HEI).
- Air pollution is the third highest cause of death among all health risks in India.
- Over 1.2 Million early deaths in India due to air pollution.
- The Health Effects Institute is an independent, non-profit corporation specializing in research on the health effects of air pollution. It is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, United States. HEI was founded in 1980 with Archibald Cox as the founding chair of the organization.
4. International Day of Sport for Development and Peace
- The General Assembly of the United Nations decided to proclaim on 6 April as “International Day of Sport for Development and Peace.”
- This date commemorates the inauguration, in 1896, of the first Olympic games of the modern era, in Athens.
1. Paytm Money with SEBI
- Paytm’s subsidiary Paytm Money has received approval from SEBI to start stock broking services for its users through the platform.
- The Securities and Exchange Board of India is the regulator for the securities market in India. It was established in 1988 and given statutory powers on 30 January 1992 through the SEBI Act, 1992.
- PayTm :- CEO: Renu Satti || Founder: Vijay Shekhar Sharma || Founded: 2010 || Parent organization: One97 Communications
2. BSE and India INX with Moscow Exchange
- BSE and India INX have signed an MoU with Moscow Exchange to connect investor community and companies in both countries.
- The Bombay Stock Exchange is an Indian stock exchange located at Dalal Street, Mumbai. Established in 1875, the BSE is Asia’s first stock exchange. The BSE is the world’s 10th largest stock exchange with an overall market capitalization of more than $4.9 trillion on as of April 2018.
- The India International Exchange is India’s first international stock exchange, opened in 2017. It is located at the International Financial Services Centre, GIFT City in Gujarat. It is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Bombay Stock Exchange.
- Moscow Exchange, the largest exchange group in Russia, operates trading markets in equities, bonds, derivatives, the foreign exchange market, money markets and precious metals. The Moscow Exchange Group also operates Russia’s central securities depository and the country’s largest clearing service provider.
3. New MD of Infrastructure Leasing & Financial Services (IL&FS)
- CS Rajan has been appointed as the MD of Infrastructure Leasing & Financial Services (IL&FS).
- Infrastructure Leasing & Financial Services Limited is an Indian infrastructure development and finance company. It operates through more than 250 subsidiaries including IL & FS Investment managers, IL & FS financial services and IL & FS Transportation networks India Limited.
- CEO: Arun K. Saha (Jan 2011–) || Founded: 1987 || Headquarters: Mumbai
4. Royal Enfield CEO
- Eicher Motors has appointed Vinod Dasari as the CEO of its Royal Enfield Division, replacing Siddhartha Lal.
- Royal Enfield is an Indian motorcycle manufacturing brand with the tag of “the oldest global motorcycle brand in continuous production” manufactured in factories in Chennai in India.
- Parent organization: Eicher Motors || Headquarters: Chennai || Founded: 1955 || Subsidiary: Harris Performance Products
1. Latest FIFA Rankings
- The Indian football Team is at 101th position in the latest FIFA rankings.
- 1. Belgium
- 2. France
- 3. Brazil
- 4. England
- 5. Croatia
2. ICC with Interpol
- ICC Anti-Corruption Unit will join hands with Interpol to fight corruption in Cricket.
- The International Criminal Police Organization, more commonly known as Interpol, is an international organization that facilitates worldwide police cooperation.
- Interpol :- Headquarters: Lyon, France || Governing body: INTERPOL General Assembly || Agency executives: Kim Jong Yang, President || Founder: Johannes Schober
- The International Cricket Council is the global governing body of cricket. It was founded as the Imperial Cricket Conference in 1909 by representatives from Australia, England and South Africa. It was renamed as the International Cricket Conference in 1965, and took up its current name in 1989.
3. 2019 Malaysia Super Series Premier
- The 2019 Malaysia Open is the ninth tournament of the 2019 BWF World Tour and also part of the Malaysia Open championships, which has been held since 1937.
- This international tournament is held at Axiata Arena in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- It has a total purse of $700,000.
- Malaysia :- Prime minister: Mahathir Bin Mohamad || Capital: Kuala Lumpur || Currency: Malaysian ringgit
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,6 April
- Daily Current Affairs: April 1
- Daily Current Affairs: April 2
- Daily Current Affairs: April 3
- Daily Current Affairs: April 4
- Daily Current Affairs: April 5
- Daily Current Affairs: April 6
- Daily Current Affairs: April 7
- Daily Current Affairs: April 8
- Daily Current Affairs: April 9
- Daily Current Affairs: April 10
- Daily Current Affairs: April 11
- Daily Current Affairs: April 12
- Daily Current Affairs: April 13
- Daily Current Affairs: April 14
- Daily Current Affairs: April 15
- Daily Current Affairs: April 16
- Daily Current Affairs: April 17
- Daily Current Affairs: April 18
- Daily Current Affairs: April 19
- Daily Current Affairs: April 20
- Daily Current Affairs: April 21
- Daily Current Affairs: April 22
- Daily Current Affairs: April 23
- Daily Current Affairs: April 24
- Daily Current Affairs: April 25
- Daily Current Affairs: April 26
- Daily Current Affairs: April 27
- Daily Current Affairs: April 28
- Daily Current Affairs: April 29
- Daily Current Affairs: April 30