Daily Current Affairs 6 December 2017: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 6 December 2017. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 6 December 2017. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 6 December 2017 Current affairs test.
1.Centre has stopped releasing funds for Bengal.
- WB CM Mamata Banerjee has stated that the centre owes the state more than Rs.13,000 Cr under different developmental schemes in 2017.
- She further stated that the money is to be paid by the centre under central schemes such as NDRF, Swachh Bharat Mission, National Urban Livelihood Mission, etc .
2.Surface-to-air missile ‘Akash’ test fired.
- The missile has been successfully fired from launch Complex-III at ITR Chandipur.
- The missile can target aircrafts flying at 18 km altitude and has range of 30 km, the Defence Ministry stated.
3.Security deployed in Ayodhya on Babri demolition anniversary.
- UP government has deployed around 700 security personnel from the Central Reserve Police Force near disputed Ayodhya site on the 25th anniversary of Babri Masjid demolition.
- An advisory by the Ministry of Home Affairs urged states to maintain extra vigil and ensure that no incident of communal tension occurs in the nation.
1.15th Russia, China and India meet to be held in Delhi.
- The Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi and Russian counterpart Sergey Lavrov will attend the trilateral meeting .
- The meeting is expected to review global and regional issues of mutual interests and discuss trilateral exchanges and activities.
2.Islamist terror plot to assassinate UK PM Theresa May foiled.
- The terrorists planned to detonate an improvised bomb in the downing Street, where the PM’s office is located.
- It is ninth such plot to have been thwarted since March this year.
3.Need more evidence from India to prosecute Saeed: Pak Envoy.
- Hafiz Saeed is the mastermind behind 26/11 Mumbai attack.
- Pakistan is committed to follow the law and international obligations under which Saeed is prevented from carrying arms, raise funds, and travel internationally.
1.Bitcoin breaches $12,000 mark to reach all time high.
- Bitcoin is the largest cryptocurrency by market value.
- It started below $1,000 at the start of 2017 and has risen over 1,100% this year.
2.Amazon, HAX, Kickstarter ally to take Indian ideas global.
- Amazon, the world’s biggest online retailer, aims to scale up Indian innovations globally.
- “This is an opportunity for Indian startups to get access to big consumer markets nationally and internationally” said Satish Sreenivasan, director and global head of Amazon launchpad .
3.ADB commits $580 million to Reliance Power’s Dhaka Plant.
- The Board of Directors of Asian Development Bank approved debt financing and partial risk guarantees totalling $583 million to help develop the Reliance Bangladesh Liquified Gas Terminal.
- ADB’s support will help Reliance Power develop approximately 750MW of gross power generation capacity initially.
1.Russia banned from 2018 Winter Olympics over doping.
- The International Olympic Committee has banned Russia from competing at next year’s Pyeonchang Winter Olympics.
- Russian athletes who can prove they were not involved in doping will be allowed to compete under the name “Olympic athlete from Russia”